A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
215 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great T-Shirt Renovation, Phase 2  (Read 3148 times)
Tags for this thread: tshirt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
MissJessica
« on: October 11, 2009 03:14:18 PM »

Well, we had our first snow here yesterday. So I crafted up a storm with my (still overflowing) t-shirt box. I made these five lovelies:

First up is this baseball/ kimono top:

I used piping for the first time (loved it!) and used multi-colored rick rack for a little tie. The shirt says "Eagan," which is a suburb of the Twin Cities, MinneSNOWta. The back says 26... would have been cooler if it was 28, my age, but I like it anyway.

Next I made this little shrug from a tee scrap, most of which I had used for another project. But I still had the main graphic, which I put on the back, and added some sweet lace to balance the toughness of "Jersey":

Popping the collar and apparently how I think New Jerseyites act. The shirt says, "New Jersey: Vacationland of the Future," and there's a picture of a nuclear waste dump/ factory. This makes me giggle.

This one is actually a recon of a previous recon I did and wasn't super happy with:

Before

After, with overcaffeination. It's now a faux wrap with some fat panels added Smiley

For my last endeavor, I took these four shirts (I made the one in the top right corner from a 70s pattern, when people were super skinny and wore midriffs. It didn't work for me):

And made two new ones!

My "go-to" pose, apparently. I feel very 90s in this one, ala Sue Ellen Crandell in "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead."

And just for fun, here it is with a yellow belt and some dancing (Digitata came on the stereo; I had to.)

Thanks for looking! I anticipate at least two more phases until the box is reasonable again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greyskybutterfly
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009 03:43:21 PM »

these all look great! you've inspired me to start working on my overflowing t-shirt box.....es. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lrigrem

<3 HP, Twilight, Halloween

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009 05:26:42 PM »

Awesome!  I love the last dress with a belt - it looks sooo good on you! Love teh pink polka dots on the reconned-recon. 
And your Jersey attitude made me giggle. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask a Gentern who they prefer, ten out of nine will say "The Pavi!" <3 Oghr!
Repo! The Genetic Opera R3 Swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401054.0

http://pinterest.com/lrigrem/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...