A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
185 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wrap boots?  (Read 2947 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

HuricanBlue
« on: October 04, 2009 05:00:33 PM »

Have you seen these vegan wrap boots from Tom's?  http://tinyurl.com/yeg3626  (If it's not coming up, Google wrap boot Toms)

They are too cute, from Tom's (which actually has a philosophy I like), PLUS, since you wrap them like a bandage, they'll fit snug my slim ankles AND over my big ol' calves with no problem! Thing is, they're $98... not EXPENSIVE-expensive, but still too rich for my blood. Plus, I've been wanting a pair with a more substantial heel, probably a wedge.

Do you think using a wide elastic would work if I tried to replicate them? My fav fabric store sells this thick elastic that's about 3 inches wide @ 45 cents a yard, so I was thinking about buying a bunch and trying to replicate the wrap thingy. But I'd love to hear what some of you think. I'd try Ace bandages, but I don't want my boots to look like a sprained my ankle or something. I don't know if they even come in anything but Tan  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheeky Sunshine
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009 10:07:11 AM »

Have you seen these vegan wrap boots from Tom's?  http://tinyurl.com/yeg3626  (If it's not coming up, Google wrap boot Toms)

They are too cute, from Tom's (which actually has a philosophy I like), PLUS, since you wrap them like a bandage, they'll fit snug my slim ankles AND over my big ol' calves with no problem! Thing is, they're $98... not EXPENSIVE-expensive, but still too rich for my blood. Plus, I've been wanting a pair with a more substantial heel, probably a wedge.

Do you think using a wide elastic would work if I tried to replicate them? My fav fabric store sells this thick elastic that's about 3 inches wide @ 45 cents a yard, so I was thinking about buying a bunch and trying to replicate the wrap thingy. But I'd love to hear what some of you think. I'd try Ace bandages, but I don't want my boots to look like a sprained my ankle or something. I don't know if they even come in anything but Tan  Tongue

I could be wrong, but those boots look like they may have been fashioned from Ace bandages that have been dyed.  The texture and width look similar.  Maybe it's just me, but they do look like they began life as an Ace; looks like a Velcro attachment from the photo.  If so, $98 is one heck of a profit margin, even with the other materials and labour!~  Smiley  I have chronically swollen ankles because of a medical condition, so I, too am interested in making boots.  Maybe get the material and play with it.  If it doesn't work, you still have some raw material for another craft, right?  Good luck.  Let us know how it goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...