A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
259 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PROJECT RUNWAY: Season 6 - Episode 7 - Official Craftster Discussion Thread  (Read 7775 times)
Tags for this thread: project_runway_season_6_discussions  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
leah
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2009 08:47:41 PM »

PROJECT RUNWAY: Season Six - Episode Seven (The Sky Is the Limit)
Official Craftster Discussion Thread

Remember, no spoilers (that means don't talk about who won or lost the episode) until the West Coast episode is done airing.

EPISODE SEVENLink to where you can watch this online:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/project-runway-episodes/project-runway-season-6-episode-7/videos
Photo gallery of all the creations from this episode:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-6-episode-7

Want to discuss other episodes? Use this link to see all the past discussions:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=project_runway_season_6_discussions
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009 10:55:56 AM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009 09:01:05 PM »

I am so MAD! I was willing to give this season a fair chance, but this is ridiculous!

I agree with the person who went home. But the person who won? Seriously!?!?!?

And the second in line to go should have NEVER been on the chopping block. I don't even have the words to express how P.O.'d I am.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please
VintageGeek
My Handmade Hell

My Handmade Hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009 05:59:48 AM »

I agree with everything the above poster said!!!!   Angry

That mad face isn't mad enough to demonstrate how mad I am about (is it okay to post names now that it's the next day?) Christopher!!!  While it's true that the green poofy thing was weird, it was BEAUTIFULLY made and the shirtdress was AWESOME.  I WANT IT.  GAH Michael Kors and his little disgusted face make me sick sometimes.  I wanted to punch him in the teeth.

One thing hubby and I have been noticing lately is that none of the judges ever disagree with each other.  One of them says one thing and all the others are immediately like, "Oh, yes, hmm, I agree completely" and then they usually add on something even more insulting than what the previous person said.  It's just like the fashion industry, actually, haha.

Oh, and did anybody else think Heidi looked like the scary teacher when she looked at Nic and said, "Aren't you lucky?" with ice crystals firing out of her pupils?  It was creepy!

I agree with who got sent home, but I don't agree with the winner.  She is so mean!!  Why did she start yammering on about their disagreements?  There was no reason to!  They were winning!  She could have just smiled and nodded instead of throwing Gordana under a bus that wasn't even there.  Crazy lady, man.  I'm looking forward to what will certainly be an ungraceful exit from her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009 09:00:58 AM »

I do not agree with who won AGAIN this week. Nicolas should have gone home immunity or not. Not only is he bitchy and back biting but he is just not up to the standards of the other designers. Seriously - I think that's why Heidi was so creepy - I guess the producers wouldn't let them throw him off too. 

I can't believe the other losing team as well. I would have worn BOTH of their outfits. I'll bet the judges would ahev like them better if the dresses had been the same colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjhamel
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009 09:08:29 AM »

Nicolas should have gone home immunity or not. Not only is he bitchy and back biting but he is just not up to the standards of the other designers.
Agreed!!!!!!!!

I think that the only reason Christopher and Epperson were in the bottom was because their garments didn't mesh well together. They were both well made, just a bit off. And they didn't resemble each other at all. As for the winner, I thought that the other top team should have won. Not only did they work better together, but both of the designs were amazing and would sell really well. The team who won probably only won because they had a print, when none of the other designers did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will happily do personal swaps for beads, buttons, and fat quarters!

My Pinterest
N30Nb100d
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009 09:19:27 AM »

I agree with the previous comments, this episode didn't do much except make me angry.
I really didn't like the striped dress the judges loved. I thought it had no shape to it and was unflattering even on a model. I can't imagine what it would look like on a normal sized woman. Gordana's (if I remember right) soft blouse with the lighter blue waist sash was pretty cute, but I would just walk by it at a store. That whole outfit didn't stand out at all. The one with the high waisted jeans was pretty boring too and the pants fit terribly! The two ruffled dresses, I don't know... they were pretty bad but at least they had shape. All the ruffle hate got to me though. I LOVE ruffles and last time I checked, they were everywhere in stores around here.

That's my rant for this week. I still don't understand the judging. I liked last episode (even though I disagreed with who went home), and this one took the show down a notch again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VintageGeek
My Handmade Hell

My Handmade Hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009 10:13:54 AM »

I don't like how bitchy the judges have become.  They weren't this mean in earlier seasons.  Is it because of new producers, do they want the judges to come across as being just as heartless as the fashion industry is?  I don't get it...

And the use of the phrase "bridesmaid dress" is getting to me also.  First of all, I was under the impression that the stereotypes about bridesmaid dresses being horrible was kind of over.  Also, it used to be a term reserved for the MOST boring, basic, embarrassing pieces - but now they're throwing it around once a week at least!

Irina's dress was pretty - when viewing it from the front and only from the waist down.  It had a nice shape to it there.  But the back looked like a nightgown, and the top looked like a poorly-fitted bikini top.  However, given a choice between her two looks and Althea's two looks, I'd still have to go with Irina.  I thought both of those looks were built for real women, whereas Althea's looks were absolutely not.  They were cute and all, but the way they were shaped and the type of fabric they used were bad points - they're the kinds of outfits that would show Every.  Single.  Flaw.  I would HATE to wear something like that.

I still maintain that the shirtdress was amazing - it managed to pull off cute, vintage, sexy, AND modest all at the same time.  If I walked into Macy's (psh) and saw that dress, I'd be all over it.  Plus, Christopher would have been a much wiser choice for a designer of their holiday dress.  Irina's holiday dress looked skanky.  Sorry.  Skanky.

I have to say though, it's been a while since I've been as impassioned by this show as I am right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009 10:22:13 AM »

Plus, Christopher would have been a much wiser choice for a designer of their holiday dress.  Irina's holiday dress looked skanky.  Sorry.  Skanky.

Oh man! I had completely forgotten about that! I saw that dress at the commercial break, and almost had an apoplexy. Seriously?!?! That is a holiday dress? Ridiculous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please
Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009 10:26:21 AM »

I'm confuzzled over this series now.  

Again, I liked Christophers outfits, I totally would have worn them.  The winning dress would have made me look preggos.  Maybe a tad bit more shape to it would have been better.  ITA, if your in the winning group there's no need to get back biting.  I got the feeling that Nic purposly took his time to sabatoge Louise, constantly whining about ruffles and bogging.  

BTW, did anyone catch the 'holiday' dress at the end?  It looks so BORING!!!!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009 10:45:51 AM »

I just keep hoping for the catty people to get booted.  (Hi Irina and Nicolas?  I don't care how talented you think you are, quit being such bitches!!!)  However, I did really like Irina's dress.  But she was awful to her partner.  Nicolas just coasted by on his immunity, and totally threw Louise under the bus by NOT offering input. 

Is it just me, or when there is a team design, regardless of who is team captain, aren't both designers supposed to... well... DESIGN?  Christopher and Epperson were the only pair where I didn't feel like one member was just a helper/seamstress, unless you count Irina's treatment of her partner as allowing her to design.  *eyeroll*

Sorry, that's two weeks in a row where I've been seriously irritated with a show I love. 

/rant 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...