A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
241 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Second Sock Syndrome  (Read 609 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

SpecialKRJ

I want so much more than they've got planned

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2009 03:59:26 PM »

Well, I'm experiencing my first case of Second Sock Syndrome. Kinda. I'm nowhere near good enough to attempt an actual sock yet, but I made one wrist-warmer. Now I just have to make the other one. Anyone have tips to avoid Second Sock Syndrome? And its cousin, This-One-Doesn't-Look-The-Same-As-The-First-One Syndrome?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riki
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009 07:26:45 AM »

The ONLY way I avoid that is to do both at once! I use either two circulars (if it is a bigger item such as sleeves) or one long circular (Magic Loop). That way they're both exactly the same # of rows AND when I'm done, I'm DONE!!! And can start something new!!!!

As for the wrist warmer you already made ... isn't it "stylish" to just have on?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

leppardess

my cats walk all over me...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009 07:36:54 AM »

I"m with Riki on this one. Doing socks 2 at a time with magic loop has saved my sanity (relatively speaking...). I have 2 pair of socks in my UFO bag that have yet to be finished but since learning how to do 2 at a time, I've finished at least 5 pair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2K
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009 01:20:13 PM »

I take socks with me everywhere.  It's my traveling project.  I'm always making socks.  I don't really care if one is just a little different from the other -- they are just socks (or mittens, or whatever).  I am not a fashion knitter I guess.  Making the second sock is just like the making the first!  Cast on and carry on!  Also, make sure you're working on a sock you enjoy making.  I'm a k2 p2 ribbing girl all the way.  These socks stay up and people like them.  I do break the monotony once in awhile by making a bead rib cuff (k1 p1) around, knit around.  Repeat.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitfomaniak
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009 02:33:21 PM »

Totally know what you mean... that's why I'm a bit o.c.d. about knitting what I can two at a time... sleeves, mittens, socks, etc, are always knit two ata time on my needles... otherwise I know that the second one just wont' get done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpecialKRJ

I want so much more than they've got planned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009 05:53:45 PM »

I'll probably just stay with one this time. Since I can't really knit two arm warmers at once, and my fianc wants a pair, I think I might just work on both at the same time, switching between which one I"m doing. *Shrug!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...