A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 315,238
Currently Running With Scissors:
169 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bella's Hat *Pattern Included* (Twilight)  (Read 35895 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , twilight , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009 04:30:04 AM »

AprilDraven, what kind of yarn would you recommend for this hat? Maybe I can dig something up Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009 05:07:39 AM »

awesome job Smiley
I may have to make one of these (or several) as my classmates and I have all become obsessed as well (between ages 25-33 lol) and think these might go over FANTASTICALLY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009 05:19:49 AM »

AprilDraven, what kind of yarn would you recommend for this hat? Maybe I can dig something up Wink.
I just used the cheap acrylic yarn at Walmart. I think the actual hat was made with two strands held together but I'm not sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009 05:22:44 AM »

Walmart is a bit far away for me, but I can find acrylic in my drawers, I'm sure. Thank you very much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
OnePrettyThing

oneprettything.com

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009 11:02:54 AM »

I am SO making this for my Twilight-obcessed friend's birthday. Might have to make one for myself too, it looks snuggly! Thanks so much for figuring this out and sharing! I'll be linking to this as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oldlady
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009 02:13:59 PM »

I feel better now that I know I'm not the only one detail obsessed about that hat.  I made my first "Bella" hat with the free pattern I found a few months ago and it bothered me so much that it didn't have the ridge around the top and that it only had four sets of "cables" down the hat.
I ended up making a new pattern for myself, too, just so I would have it closer to the movie hat.

I have made one with two strands held together using an I hook and it really was stiff.  I do want to try the hat again with Lion's Brand Homespun.  I'll do that next.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009 08:59:49 PM by oldlady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

magadoo

I'm a robot in disguise

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009 08:53:21 PM »

So this is great and I just tried making it but my head is smaller than most so the hat was waaaay to big.  I have frogged it and plan on making it again with a smaller hook.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009 09:15:47 PM »

So this is great and I just tried making it but my head is smaller than most so the hat was waaaay to big.  I have frogged it and plan on making it again with a smaller hook.
my head is smaller than most too so I just make hat patterns a size or 2 bigger. If you want, stop increasing on rnd 8 or 9 and that should make it a size smaller too. Which ever way is easier  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onelastminuet
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009 09:55:26 PM »

I just used the cheap acrylic yarn at Walmart. I think the actual hat was made with two strands held together but I'm not sure.

*Wonderful* pattern, I'm so trying this one out once I get the time. What yarn weight did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michelle
http://imaginarysunshine.com - personal blog
http://chelle-chelle.com - crafts blog/site
magadoo

I'm a robot in disguise

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009 07:43:23 PM »

my head is smaller than most too so I just make hat patterns a size or 2 bigger. If you want, stop increasing on rnd 8 or 9 and that should make it a size smaller too. Which ever way is easier  Grin

I used a G hook instead of an H and also stopped increasing once the dc was at 8 instead of 9 in each row.  It fits perfectly.  I also found the Edwardian Homespun and used that yarn.  The hat is so cozy!  I almost want to keep it for myself but I made it for my mom who's completely obsessed with Twilight so she'll love it.  Here's my finished product- it is hard to take a pic of your own head and it doesn't help that my apartment doesn't allow light to escape:

(excuse the tired face please, I haven't been sleeping well due to the increase of stress this past week)

Thanks a lot for sharing the pattern.  I'm off to try you star patterned slouchy hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
February 13, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Reusable Shopping Bag

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...