A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
189 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What I did while I was sick..  (Read 1592 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
suesues
« on: September 12, 2009 07:12:16 PM »

My first real post here!  I've had strep throat three times in a month, and laying on the couch gets pretty boring after a while, so, I stashdove and came up with this.  The blue yarn is some kind of mill ends stuff from AC Moore that I got for $1 a bag, with 3 big rolls in a bag..and the green is Red Heart, the great big roll kind.  I've soaked it in Downywater a few times and now it's all nice and soft.  The pattern is from the book Afghans on the Double--I literally looked for the shortest pattern in the book so I could mindlessly get it done in my feverish state  Wink  I expected it to be a tragic mess, but it's actually really cozy and big and even kinda pretty.

There's some trickery here..it's actually even, even though the picture makes it look, uh, the opposite of even.

This shows the colors a little better..

And my dog totally approves..he's been trying to cover up with it ever since it was just a chain Roll Eyes

Let me know what you think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twisted5whispers
Knit knit knit

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009 07:29:30 PM »

love it! how big is it?

very nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in doing personal swaps! I can knit, crochet and sew. Smiley
Sonyazombiee
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009 07:31:24 PM »

Ooo.  It looks so cozy and I love the colors.
It makes me hope I get sick while at school soon so I can just lay in bed and make something.  Lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009 07:35:29 PM »

Looks cozy! I really like the colors and the pattern is pretty too.
Isn't it amazing how pets love crafters work?! They are always all about it. The very best supporters. Grin
I hope you are feeling better! Strep is a horrible pain in the butt. May I recommend Oil of oregano? It is amazing for the throat  and is known to be a potent antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic oil that can reduce pain and inflammation and effectively fight off infections. Of course there is vitamin C too...
Best wishes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FrenchTea
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009 07:45:22 PM »

Oooh double stranded. I love pieves that are double stranded and it does look very cozy. :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009 08:39:12 PM »

that looks super comfy!

plus, I love the colours and the pattern may be simple, but it's elegant and pretty as well Smiley

great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suesues
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009 12:04:42 PM »

Thanks for all your kind words!  Smiley

how big is it?

I'd say it's about 3.5ftx5.5ft. Big and snuggly:)

It makes me hope I get sick while at school soon so I can just lay in bed and make something.  Lol.

Ohhh no you don't, lol..this is the sickest I've ever been! I just can't get over it. I'm actually off to the doctor again tomorrow, yuck.

Isn't it amazing how pets love crafters work?! They are always all about it. The very best supporters. Grin

Yep! My mom says they can feel the love you put into it Smiley I'll definitely try the oil of oregano..I've been trying to take two packets of Emergen-C a day but it just burns my throat more so I've mostly been sticking to tablets of C  and D.

Oooh double stranded. I love pieves that are double stranded and it does look very cozy. :3

I love double stranded stuff too! So thick and squishy and fast.  You should check out this book, Afghans on the Double..it's all double stranded!  This is the fourth pattern from it I've used..they're all really nice patterns:)

that looks super comfy!

plus, I love the colours and the pattern may be simple, but it's elegant and pretty as well Smiley

great job!

Thanks!  I think the pattern would be nice with a bushier yarn..worsted weight isn't really my thing (but I don't have the $ for something nice quite yet lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
momcuellar
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009 02:47:43 PM »

I love the mix of colors.  I hope you feel better!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Never Let It Fade Away.
Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Save It For A Rainy Day.
norecliner
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009 02:24:45 PM »

I really like the color combo here.  It has a nice effect up close and far away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...