A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,962
Currently Running With Scissors:
303 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I WILL EAT YOUR BEHIND! SEE IF I DON'T! (Monstrous beanbag chair) -PICS-  (Read 10794 times)
Tags for this thread: monster , beanbag_chair  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Chocolate_Jo

Can I have some fishy crackers?

View Profile WWW
« on: September 12, 2009 12:21:38 AM »

SO. I LOVE the Threadbanger podcast; it makes me rather happy on so many levels, and a few days ago I saw the Decor-it-Yourself segment on beanbag chairs! ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCfHdij4uBM ) Anddd, I had always wanted one but had never psyched myself up enough to pay $50 for one. SO. I had some super-soft micro suede leftover from my Katherine Luther costume ( https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=318905.msg3673014#msg3673014 ) and decided one night at 4am that it looked easy enough. I am always most rational at that hour....
ANYWAY.

I got my pieces cut out (which, I must say, reminded me a rather lot of a giant pad) and sewed the lining...and realized I had nothing to stuff it with. -.- I looked online for the poly beads....AND THEY ARE SO SPENSIFF SHEESH. I didn't figure fiber fluff was an option because I'd need so much of it. Soo....I settled on...shredded paper. Yes, I know, that has GOT to be really uncomfortable, right? Actually, lol, defying all odds, its really nice and comfy. Granted, it is very loud and crinkly when I sit down, but, its got nice form, and it is pretty light considering the size.
ENOUGH RAMBLING ON TO THE PICTURES.

I present....CURRENTLY UNNAMED MONSTER BEA-UH...PAPER CHAIR.

lol you sit in the mouth...its actually kind of disconcerting Wink

I ended up sewing the teeth down because I didn't really like them flopping around...

I'm not -quite- finished; I still need to buy either a reallllyyy longgg zipper (ehh) or some snap stripping (like snaps on a long strip...does anyone know where I could buy that?) OR OR Velcro. I might go with the Velcro idea...There is currently a yawning chasm that needs sewing shut on one of the seams...but I wanted to show you guys...I'm really impatient Wink

++Progress-ness Smiley

The obligatory during-the-craft-apocalypse shot of my room Smiley

My faithful (mostly) shredder buddy...I shredded sooooo muchhh pappperrr. lol Sometimes I think he got so tired he just stopped...lol yeahh...it got overheated quite frequently....

Almost there...sort of...
Seriously. I went ballistic about finding paper to shred. (A whole lot of it was old school stuff)
Among the contents;
+A year's worth of biology work
+17 lessons of Frankenstein questions
+ Frankenstein (Okay, the book was in disrepair anyway..it was the yard sale cheapo depot $2 paperback...)
+About 10 newspapers
+Last year's calculus work (AHH shredding math is sooo therapeutic!!!)
+All the ANNOYING SPAM MAIL I've gotten...most of it from Birmingham Southern college, who has sent me four letters and two magazines in the past week. I didn't ask for them... -.-
+My notes from computer programming (almost as therapeutic as the math shredding)
+Instruction manuals that I will probably need later
+A BAZILLION old issues of Reader's Digest

It got bad. I would walk though the kitchen and see some sort of paper in the garbage can and be like 'NO!! WHY IS THAT IN THE GARBAGE?? I NEED THAT!' Also, (yes, weird) MAGAZINES make AMAZING shredding/stuffing...idk, they are softer...lol I'm serious, they aren't stiff like regular paper...

Gosh. WORDY, I'm sorry you guys....what do you think??

.JORDAN.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Misty 66

froggie went a courting

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009 01:05:27 AM »

OMG  Shocked WOW

That is amazing, I must admit thought the paper would have been to hard. Just now i know what to do with all those club minutes i have.

WOW
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a banquet, and most suckers are starving. Auntie Mame.
rdhill2005
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009 02:54:09 AM »

That is sooo awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm all hyped up on mountain dew!
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009 04:07:32 AM »

As a former student and now teacher, the shredding process of making the filling makes me very happy! LOL!!!  I could use some of this therapy. Cheesy

I absolutely love your chair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le Mieux
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009 04:08:00 AM »

this is AMAZING!!  Shocked

i love the resourcefullness of using paper. how long did the whole thing take to make? as for shredding old school stuff....i had a big bonfire after university where i got rid of years of school/uni crap. and BOY, did it feel good to watch physics go up in flames  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
Riechan

Flowers in full bloom do not last forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009 07:16:46 AM »

great!
I saw the show too but I don't have room to put a bag like that Sad
Hahaha I have that too with the papers, I have made paper beads a couple of times so when I don't need a paper/magazine I just shred it into pieces Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Facebook and Etsyshop
IG
Zero waste in progress
Rachael817
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009 09:11:04 AM »

I love it and I need one, otherwise it has left me speechless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chocolate_Jo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009 04:27:57 PM »

As a former student and now teacher, the shredding process of making the filling makes me very happy! LOL!!!  I could use some of this therapy. Cheesy

I absolutely love your chair!

thank you so much!!! Seriously, there really isn't much that relaxes me more than shredding stuff Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chocolate_Jo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009 04:29:46 PM »

this is AMAZING!!  Shocked

i love the resourcefullness of using paper. how long did the whole thing take to make? as for shredding old school stuff....i had a big bonfire after university where i got rid of years of school/uni crap. and BOY, did it feel good to watch physics go up in flames  Cheesy

hehe thank you! The shredding (and finding paper I was actually allowed to shred) took the longest. I worked on it for maybe a week, just the shredding.

lol that is sooo how I felt about shredding the calculus work!! (and all the not-so-hot grades that went with it!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

orkibe3
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009 10:00:36 PM »

OMG super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Pop Top Pin Cushion
Meatless Monday: Tomato Vegetable Lentil Soup
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Monsters!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...