A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,644
Currently Running With Scissors:
207 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Practice(Now with link to tute)  (Read 4296 times)
Tags for this thread: makeup , latex , costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

pjhamel
« on: September 10, 2009 08:35:26 PM »

I love horror make up, so halloween is like a party for me. I've been practicing some new techniques lately and thought I would share. So here they are:
For this one I was trying to recreate a stitch effect. I think it looks cool for my second attempt with liquid latex.

to change your image viewing settings please click here
Closer:

Here is my first attempt. It is quite poor, but looks cool enough that I thought I should include it:

Pardon my face, I'm not very photogenic(or attractive for that matter.)

Enjoy!

********* I started a blog out of boredom and put the tute on there(it's long). Here is a link:http://triciaisbored.blogspot.com/2009/09/liquid-latex-how-toat-least-how-i-do-it.html. I will be posting more pictures as I continue to practice.***********
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009 04:11:21 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will happily do personal swaps for beads, buttons, and fat quarters!

My Pinterest
habitat-lady
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009 08:47:22 PM »

I think your handiwork are pretty realistic and terrifying.  We are planning a halloween party with scenes from scary movies all over the house and yard.  Wish you lived closer - i'm needing help with a few.  Chuckie is turning into my own nightmare.  The scene is from bride of chuckie where he is all tore up.  I wish they made caulk in blood red, i think i could do better with that.

And you have a beautiful face!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
pjhamel
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009 08:50:45 PM »

I basically used one of those cheap halloween make up kits, a bit of liquid latex, and an eyeliner pencil. I can give you a step by step tute if you would like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
habitat-lady
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009 09:37:40 PM »

What is the liquid latex?  Can you give me a brand name or a pic of iit?

Oh yes - I would love any help I could get.

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009 09:38:54 PM »

ahem... not very photogenic, or attractive!?!?!!?  Are you kidding me? you're gorgeous! really, that's not just being polite or something, I really do think you are gorgeous.  
But on to the makeup,  SWEET!  well done, I like the last one, looks like a fresh wound Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009 10:06:49 PM »

awesome ripped skin, and i LOOVE the stitching, i think i might do star wars zombies, cos this kinda make up really needs to be apart of my life again

and you are VERY pretty...like whoa (if that isnt creepy haha) and your eyes are gorgeous
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
pjhamel
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009 06:06:22 AM »

wow. thanks for the compliments.

liquid latex is kind of like a liquid rubber. It is really sticky and can be molded into just about anything.(it smells a bit as well). Once it dries, it looks amazing. Right now I am using a little tube that came with a cheap halloween makeup kit, but I just bought some of this stuffhttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FXT7dc5hL.jpg and can't wait to try it out.
If you are going to get some liquid latex, I suggest that you buy some flesh colored make up as well.(liquid latex dries an off-white color). Right now I am getting by with an old bottle of foundation, but I really do need to get some actual theatrical stuff.
I will try to add a tute or two tomorrow along with some new pictures(I am going to try to actually sew through the latex this time for more realistic stitches. We shall see how that turns out). I can't do it today because I am attending Rock the Universe.
For now I would suggest that you check out youtube. There are some great how-tos on there by actual theatrical make-up artists, and you can learn more of the basics on liquid latex, etc...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
McJulie-O
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009 06:52:29 AM »

First of all, WHO are you hanging around with, that you don't think you are attractive?!? Drop them immediately! You don't need that kind of associate!

Your eyes are very good, skin good-hard to tell from the photo, face is lovely... in fact, it's the beauty of your face that makes the fake injuries that much more heinous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FeeSewBug
Just-Fee

Got buttons?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009 12:14:52 PM »

I prefer the last one, i think the subtle wound effect is much more effective and even tho this was supposed to be about halloween makeup, you are very pretty!

This will be SO helpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mibismogger
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009 03:08:35 PM »

I've never tried to do costume makeup, is it hard?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As opposed to a revolver, I use a sharpened pencil to displace my brains. I gently squeeze the trigger and splatter the page with metaphor
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Cozy Sweater Quilt
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...