A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
221 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PROJECT RUNWAY: Season 6 - Episode 4 - Official Craftster Discussion Thread  (Read 4369 times)
Tags for this thread: project_runway_season_6_discussions  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
leah
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2009 08:16:37 PM »

PROJECT RUNWAY: Season Six - Episode Four (What a Woman Wants)
Official Craftster Discussion Thread

Remember, no spoilers (that means don't talk about who won or lost the episode) until the West Coast episode is done airing.

Handy dandy links...

EPISODE FOURLink to where you can watch this online:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/project-runway-episodes/project-runway-season-6-episode-4/videos
Photo gallery of all the creations from this episode:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-6-episode-4

Want to discuss other episodes? Use this link to see all the past discussions:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=project_runway_season_6_discussions
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009 08:55:38 PM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009 06:30:07 AM »

I really didn't like the jacket from the winning look. That skirt was fierce, but the jacket just kinda looked frumpy.

Personally, I kinda think Carol Hannah's look was gorgeous... I would wear that today if I could!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009 07:40:25 AM »

LOL - blushingbluegrass, you and I have very different tastes.  Smiley
I liked the jacket okay, but hated the poofy front of the skirt. The main thing I thought about the outfit was that the model seriously needed a bra- she is a great walker, but that just made the issue more obvious. I can't believe Heidi called out Epperson's outfit's need for a bra and not this one!
I liked the top of CH's dress, but that bottom material just looks cheap and kind of tacky to me.
I thought Gordana's dress would have been absolutely awesome in another color.
Personally, I thought Irina's outfit was a much bigger mess than Qristyl's dress (which, I'll admit, was boring- and what was she thinking with that bow!?).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
PinkyK
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009 08:42:21 AM »

The main thing I thought about the outfit was that the model seriously needed a bra- she is a great walker, but that just made the issue more obvious. I can't believe Heidi called out Epperson's outfit's need for a bra and not this one!

I totally agree... very jiggly.  Shocked  I wanted Epperson's model to throw her shoulders back, stand up straight.... insert everything my mom said a million times to me growing up.... I think if she wasn't slouching Heidi's "boob issue" may have been resolved.  Undecided

My fave was Carol Hanna's I loved the fabric and colors and cuts... I do agree that I would like to get a closer look at the fabric quality; so often TV just does not do the garments justice. I also really liked the strapless green dress with the pleating detail; I'd SOOOOOOO wear that!

Just an FYI.... Bravo is showing Season II right now. I love the rerun marathons they motivate me to get some sewing done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009 10:31:14 AM »

I wasn't sold on the winning look, the skirt looked unwearable, well at least by my big butt lol.  It didn't look right to me, the jacket was fine, and yes ITA that the model needed a bra, you could see thru her shirt. 

The purple and black dress was very classy and elegant.

The guy with the 50's prom dress, that's a style he could have played with and done so much more with.  It's sad he didn't stretch his imagination with it. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dropdeadred77
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009 10:44:04 AM »

I did not care for Epperson's dress at all, and I was looking forward to seeing what he did. The gown he made the first week was stunning! I guess he had a tough brief though - romantic punk tiger? heehee. I loved the suit ensemble that won, but second the call for a bra for the model - it looked uncomfortable - but the shape was cute and modern and young, and she definitely didn't look like I'd seen it before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009 12:19:09 PM »

I did not care for Epperson's dress at all, and I was looking forward to seeing what he did. The gown he made the first week was stunning! I guess he had a tough brief though - romantic punk tiger? heehee.

I didn't like it at all either, sooooo not my style, but I can appreciate the skill required to sew together that much stretch fabric in layers without ending up with a puckered mess. It makes me want to see what else he can do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ghilie
Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009 12:54:40 PM »

The winner had a hot mess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Marya780
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009 02:21:25 PM »

I wasn't to fond of the winning look either, my favorites were Ramone & Louise's designs.  I could see myself wearing either one of those dresses.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghilie
Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009 02:32:42 PM »

Where did Michael Kors and Nina Garcia go?  I miss them.  The new judges were really snotty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...