Firstly, I will add to the previous praise by saying this is simply nothing less than a tremendously stunning bag.
But secondly, what are the bags dimensions? It looks like a pretty good sized bag for me and would like to make one of similar size.
Hi katya, I hope to put up the bags details by the end of the day for those who are intrested, thanks for you fab comments.
What stitches/colors did you use on the embroidery? It's absolutely beautiful
Hi NorwegianGal, I used a six stranded floss. I used 3 diff colours of pink for the flowers and a light and dark brown for the branches. Not sure of there colour name or number not much left of them now. I used a back stitch for the most part and I made up the stitch of white stamen part of the flower, and French knot for the anthers of the flower.
Hope this helps
Bag details.... make pattern with paper, card or parcel paperhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338360592/
1. rectangle 28 cm wide x 25 cm high add 1.50 cm seam allowance
Cut 2x outer fabric, 2x lining, 2x heavy weight fusible interfacing
front pocket. same measurement as rectangle. Measure 12.5 cm from top left corner towards top middle use a compass to draw curve.
Cut 1 x outer fabric, 1x lining, 1 x mid weight fusible interfacing
for strap tech see Jordy https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32204.0http://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338360594/in/photostream/
2. Front pocket place rightside together sew the curve, snip the edge as above across whole edge.http://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338360596/in/photostream/
3. turn right way round iron edgehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338360597/in/photostream/
4. sew edge down, I used invisible thread !!!http://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338360598/in/photostream/
5. place pocket onto outer fabrichttp://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338360599/in/photostream/
6. place outer fabric wrong side together and pin in place, sewhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338361469/in/photostream/
7. trim edges, cut corners at anglehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338361470/in/photostream/
8. pin right side of lining together, could sew Velcro or another clasp before you pin/sew together. Trim edges toohttp://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338361471/in/photostream/
9. attach strap pin or tack/biased in place.http://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338361473/in/photostream/
10. put the lining in the outer part of bag, RIGHT SIDES together, again pin at top or tack/biased by hand to hold fabric in placehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338361475/in/photostream/
11. sew top, extra stitches over handle for extra strength.http://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338361477/in/photostream/
12. pull the bag right way round through tiny hole. Poke corner of inside bag with a pointy thing.http://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338363305/in/photostream/
13. right way round stuff lining into bag iron the edge flat and into place pin if you have to and sew around the edge with invisible thread.http://www.flickr.com/photos/28858646@N00/338363307/in/photostream/
14. Finished crazy fabric bag. I had use med weight interfacing on all layers cause thats all I had.
Jordy's bag is the guru of all bag tut's https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32204.0
& Muchachak bag was my main inspiration for this bag without the zips https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=28160.0
There is a clasp tut some where out there.
Its a bit weird have this wee tut here but people have asked for details of how i made the bag.
The embroidery transfer how to do make your own" is here https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=27352.0
best results on cotton.
Thanks again too Jordy & Muchachak for their inspiration
ask any question. LOL Ladylemmon xxxxxxxxxxxx