A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
226 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PROJECT RUNWAY: Season 6 - Episode 3 - Official Craftster Discussion Thread  (Read 6988 times)
Tags for this thread: project_runway , project_runway_season_6_discussions  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
leah
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 03, 2009 07:24:01 PM »

PROJECT RUNWAY: Season Six - Episode THREE (Rumble on the Runway)
Official Craftster Discussion Thread

Remember, no spoilers (that means don't talk about who won or lost the episode) until the West Coast episode is done airing.

EPISODE THREELink to where you can watch this online:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/project-runway-episodes/project-runway-season-6-episode-3/videos
Photo gallery of all the creations from this episode:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-6-episode-3

Want to discuss other episodes? Use this link to see all the past discussions:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=project_runway_season_6_discussions
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009 08:58:12 PM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
ghilie
Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009 04:13:08 AM »

I thought the neoprene dress that won was a hot mess.  I liked the other one the team made, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
lunamadre
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009 05:10:42 AM »

Man, what a head spinner that episode was!  Although I'm glad Mitchell is gone (can I say that now? It aired last night Huh) I think he received more than enough second chances.  It makes me wonder how he even got on the show.  I was so annoyed when he said he chose Ramon so he had someone to carry him through the challenge.  That poor guy worked his butt off and WON.  He totally deserved that win, even though I admit, I wasn't sure if I liked that neoprene dress either....but the more the judges talked about it, it slightly grew on me.  And he pulled a winning look out of his ass 35 minutes before the runway show?  Even if you don't like the dress, you gotta be impressed by that feat.

And man, Crystal and Epperson, all I can say is wow.  Has anyone ever been so incompatible before?

So is anyone else getting antsy for a non-traditional no fabric challenge?  I'm waiting for the dumpster diving episode.  Getting impatient here.  Where's the trip to a flea market or toy store?Huh  Hey, that would be interesting.
Designers, you have 15 minutes to haggle at a flea market for your materials.  And your time starts....now.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009 05:51:45 AM »

Am I the only one who didn't like that neoprene dress? I just didn't understand at all why the judges loved it!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009 05:52:32 AM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009 06:04:33 AM »

I am so glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that the neoprene dress was not fantastic. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Daneisha

I <3 fabric and puzzles!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009 06:34:37 AM »

All I have to say is...FINALLY!  And yeah, I don't know what the big deal was with the neoprene dress, maybe I just don't get avant garde!  I also was super upset when mitchell said he wanted someone to carry him.  The winning look really should have been the brown shirt and white skirt with the macrame, that was nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StumpBaby.etsy.com

::Glittery Awesomeness and Fabulously Geeky Machine Embroidery Designs!::

:::::::::Knitters I need your help!  PM me please::::::::::
ghilie
Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009 07:14:45 AM »

Mitchell really should have left last week.  I have no idea why they gave him so many chances.  He couldn't sew!  Well, he couldn't sew fast - he needs more time to put stuff together.  This is like me, I need time, BUT - I would never dream of going on PR.  It's like he has never seen the show! Plus, he really bugged me, I thought he was a bit oogy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
semicharm86

You met me at a really strange time in my life.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009 07:44:17 AM »

All I have to say is...FINALLY!  And yeah, I don't know what the big deal was with the neoprene dress, maybe I just don't get avant garde!  I also was super upset when mitchell said he wanted someone to carry him.  The winning look really should have been the brown shirt and white skirt with the macrame, that was nice.
I agree with the brown/white/macrame for what should have been the winning look. I kind of liked the neoprene dress, but I think that's mostly because I was comparing it to the brown wetsuit that was the original concept...
I am very glad that Michell is finally gone, because for someone to just flat out admit that they had to pick a partner to carry him just doesn't deserve to be on project runway. I don't think he really wanted to be there as much as the other designers anyway, because he didn't even seem sad to be leaving. Although, I will miss the added drama of seeing his ugly outfits on the runway...haha. Remember the shorts from last week anyone??? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009 07:50:23 AM »

I don't have tv so I try to watch it online but they only post the interviews first. I already know who wins and loses before I ever see the episode Sad I think Mitchell was long overdue (two is long right Tongue ) I am sure I'll comment more specifically when I actually SEE the episode.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
embercostumer
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009 07:52:04 AM »

I agree that the neoprene dress was ugh...it looked like he just spilled some gray paint on the side of a foam sheet he wrapped around her, lol.

I think that Mitchell should have been gone in the first challenge! I thought that in fashion one day you were in, the next you were out...not "three strikes!"

And poor Nicholas! Maybe I just have bad taste, but I didn't think that the garters were bad at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website: www.embercostumes.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...