A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
172 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Concept for me! One Link At A Time  (Read 1954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
JAM4ever
« on: August 31, 2009 09:08:08 AM »

So I was messing around with my beads (which I'm pretty much constantly doing) and I came up with this.  What do you guys think?

Thanks for looking!

~Mihana
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009 09:54:51 AM »

wow that is utterly and fantastically cool Smiley i can't believe you beaded it all in one go (correct me if i'm wrong though but that's what it looks like)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
ryana
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009 10:18:53 AM »

That's really cool! It would make a really interesting and beautiful necklace. I love it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katcal

Callie the Reindeer!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009 11:33:16 AM »

Wow i love it, fab idea would look great as a pendant too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadsbeadingbeaded
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009 12:15:42 PM »

Mihana, I love your creative growth, with this one!!!
I also notice you are using the "Satin" Delicas...don't you LOVE them!! They are my favorite line that Delica offers!!

There is a bead artist I once shared thoughts with, who went in this direction with her beading, strips and geometrics. Her name is Louise Hill, she may still have a web site, I am not sure, but if you look at some of what she did, similar to this cuff, you may get more inspiration. However, I love what you are doing on your own!!!

Erin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit My Gallery of Bead Art:
www.beadsbeadingbeaded.com

Join in to learn about Bead Looming:
www.beadsbeadingbeaded.blogspot.com
JAM4ever
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009 03:10:08 PM »

wow that is utterly and fantastically cool Smiley i can't believe you beaded it all in one go (correct me if i'm wrong though but that's what it looks like)

Thanks so much!  I actually beaded it in separate parts, just because it was easier to keep my idea straight.  It gave me a lot of new ideas for a new piece, so I'm pretty stoked on it.  Smiley

That's really cool! It would make a really interesting and beautiful necklace. I love it.  Grin

I'm glad you brought this up, I was thinking of making a choker like piece out of this, but I wasn't sure if it would be too much?  You think I should give it a go?
Mihana, I love your creative growth, with this one!!!
I also notice you are using the "Satin" Delicas...don't you LOVE them!! They are my favorite line that Delica offers!!

There is a bead artist I once shared thoughts with, who went in this direction with her beading, strips and geometrics. Her name is Louise Hill, she may still have a web site, I am not sure, but if you look at some of what she did, similar to this cuff, you may get more inspiration. However, I love what you are doing on your own!!!

Erin

The Satin Delica's are amazing!  I am totally and completely in love with them.  This is going to sound weird...  They remind me of those glass tiles you see in designer magazines for beautiful bathrooms.  You know, the ones in the showers that us normal folks can only dream of owning one day? 

I have not heard of Louise Hill, but I will be off to google her once I click Post! 

Thanks so much for the replies everyone, I appreciate the feedback.

~Mihana
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NikkiZBM
If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009 12:02:43 PM »

Wow! Amazing!  I haven't seen the Satin Delicas...I'm going to have to check them out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...