A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 313,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
184 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1st Recon for my DD...well 1st Recon period..... 3 Images!  (Read 9432 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

KraftyJZ
« on: April 13, 2005 03:14:01 PM »

I'm new to here and I must say I've been inspired beyond my imagination with the reconstruction work here!!  

My DD loved tons of the things here *yes she's only 5 but her own fashionista in her own right  Wink so we decided to give it a try...

We took an adult tee, some fabric mom has stashed in one of the many piles in her sewing room and voila...my first recon!!.....Glittered the monkey and words and she was all set! I had rollhemmed with my serger on the bottom of the skirt but I hated it and liked the raw cut look better so cut it off....

I tried to do something different then what I'd seen here *granted I haven't looked at EVERY single post LOL*...but the idea could also be adapted to adult clothes.....

Sorry for the horrible pics....sun is almost gone for the day.... ohh and I just previewed and the quality is terrible and the pics are much smaller....not sure how to fix that as I just linked to my server where the pic is, craftster must resize?
Here are the links if you want to see full size:

http://www.vintageduck.com/monkey/monkey.jpg
http://www.vintageduck.com/monkey/monkey2.jpg
http://www.vintageduck.com/monkey/monkey3.jpg
http://www.vintageduck.com/monkey/monkey4.jpg

I loved how it turned out......thoughts on the dress?

JZ
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011 09:35:45 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005 03:22:18 PM »

holy crap. SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I also like the dress Wink Seriously though, that's really really cute, I love it, she looks adorable in it as well. What a little model girl you have there! She has the most adorable eyes. I love the top of the shirt part....what did you use to "ruche" it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
mellyp

QFA - you know you want to...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005 03:35:29 PM »

DD is beautiful!
i've never seen such a hip kid, nice work on the recon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alberta alberta - crafty goodness for you and your home
albertaalberta.etsy.com
http://albertaalberta.blogspot.com/
iheartalex
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005 03:36:19 PM »

thats awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KraftyJZ
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005 03:54:36 PM »

holy crap. SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I also like the dress Wink Seriously though, that's really really cute, I love it, she looks adorable in it as well. What a little model girl you have there! She has the most adorable eyes. I love the top of the shirt part....what did you use to "ruche" it?

THANKS!!!!  She thrives on being the center of attention..can ya tell?

The top band and the little black/white striped tie carrier are sewn directly to the top of the shirt....when you pull your tie through and tie it *I have the back exactly the same as the front* it automatically pulls up.......

JZ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KraftyJZ
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005 03:56:55 PM »

DD is beautiful!
i've never seen such a hip kid, nice work on the recon!

Thanks...and yeah we don't do much of the gymboree/gap thing around our house.....I make most of her and her sister's clothes.......and now they are going through our closets and theirs looking for things for me to recon for them LOL.....

JZ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
faux

My mama's a lama...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005 03:58:33 PM »

That is SO SO SO cute!  I think i might have to make a full sized version for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bsimplethings

pick out your cloud

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005 05:17:59 PM »

oh man, is she ever cute!  crimped hair and sweet eyes...and your recon is absolutely great, "barrel of monkeys" is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005 05:29:07 PM »

THAT IS SO FRICKEN CUTE! oh my gosh!

and those boots! I want some of my own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
MisfitRed
scarlet crimson sanguine rose carmine vermillion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005 06:44:23 PM »

Wow, impressive!  When I was that age, I'd only wear jeans and whatever shirt my mom happened to pull out of the closet for me (cos I couldn't reach). 

Btw, skye691, Dr Martens are what you wanna look for if you want red boots for grownups.  My birthday present to myself this year was a pair of the original 1460s in cherry red. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There's no smile of an angel without the wrath of God..."
~HIM, "Heartache Every Moment"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath
Sweet Hearts

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...