A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
138 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Poll
Question: What was YOUR favorite creation from Episode Two - Pregancy Chic?
Althea's - click to see it - 6 (6.3%)
Carol Hannah's - click to see it - 2 (2.1%)
Christopher's - click to see it - 2 (2.1%)
Epperson's - click to see it - 0 (0%)
Gordana's - click to see it - 2 (2.1%)
Irina's - click to see it - 9 (9.4%)
Johnny's - click to see it - 2 (2.1%)
Logan's - click to see it - 1 (1%)
Louise's - click to see it - 13 (13.5%)
Malvin's - click to see it - 0 (0%)
Mitchell's - click to see it - 0 (0%)
Nicolas's - click to see it - 3 (3.1%)
Qristyl's - click to see it - 0 (0%)
Ra'mon-Lawrence's - click to see it - 0 (0%)
Shirin's - click to see it - 56 (58.3%)
Total Voters: 96

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PROJECT RUNWAY: Season 6 - Episode 2 - Official Craftster Discussion Thread  (Read 10016 times)
Tags for this thread: project_runway_season_6_discussions  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
leah
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2009 01:13:37 PM »

PROJECT RUNWAY: Season Six - Episode TWO (Pregnancy Chic)
Official Craftster Discussion Thread

Remember, no spoilers (that means don't talk about who won or lost the episode) until the West Coast episode is done airing.

EPISODE TWOLink to where you can watch this online:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/project-runway-episodes/project-runway-season-6-episode-2/videos
Photo gallery of all the creations from this episode:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-6-episode-2

Want to discuss other episodes? Use this link to see all the past discussions:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=project_runway_season_6_discussions
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009 08:58:55 PM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
leah
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009 08:26:32 PM »

OMG. So I know we can't talk about the winner for a few more hours.... But is it OK to say, I'm bowled over by the gorgeousness of the winning design?! Cheesy

So much work in some of those outfits too. I can't believe people can pull these things off on a day in a half!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pertelot
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009 08:36:54 PM »

mmm I definitely agree, I was hoping for that one to win

yes, so much work in some of the outfits  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009 08:47:08 PM »

There was just so many gorgeous ones. I wish the show was long enough for the judges to stop and talk about every single creation. But I suppose that happens later when there are fewer designers.

I was also struck tonight by what a good job the designers, makeup artists, and hair stylists do at tying it all together so it all looks great with the models' hair color and skin coloring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RaspberryReich
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009 09:47:11 PM »

Okay the winning design was marvelous i mean really special.  It was so cohesive and very modern yet classic at the same time, i loved the braided waist line it was really flattering to the belly. However i don't think that the guy who made the shorts should have stayed. Honestly hes already had two major flub ups and i just don't feel like he puts as much effort into it as everyone else does. I don't know i mean i know the chicken concept was a little out there but it was something that was really thought about and i thought it was a very interesting concept.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009 12:13:31 AM »

Haven't seen it yet (no TV, have to wait for online), but I did want to comment on the All-Stars show, which I am almost done watching. I jumped on here to share it right away when I noticed Tongue

Chris March's model for his red-carpet look is none other than Mountaha of "Make Me a Supermodel" season 2!

I got all excited and pointed it out to my bf. He turned around from his computer and said "I'm supposed to recognize her?" Tongue I only watched the entire season with him in the room! With him watching parts of it and making comments *rolls eyes* So ya, that's all I wanted to say Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009 07:21:48 AM »

Haven't seen it yet (no TV, have to wait for online), but I did want to comment on the All-Stars show, which I am almost done watching. I jumped on here to share it right away when I noticed Tongue

Chris March's model for his red-carpet look is none other than Mountaha of "Make Me a Supermodel" season 2!

I got all excited and pointed it out to my bf. He turned around from his computer and said "I'm supposed to recognize her?" Tongue I only watched the entire season with him in the room! With him watching parts of it and making comments *rolls eyes* So ya, that's all I wanted to say Tongue

That's a crazy connection -- she's totally working it! I always get super hung on figuring out where I know someone from when they look familiar. Thank god for IMDB.com! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009 07:24:46 AM »

Okay the winning design was marvelous i mean really special.  It was so cohesive and very modern yet classic at the same time, i loved the braided waist line it was really flattering to the belly. However i don't think that the guy who made the shorts should have stayed. Honestly hes already had two major flub ups and i just don't feel like he puts as much effort into it as everyone else does. I don't know i mean i know the chicken concept was a little out there but it was something that was really thought about and i thought it was a very interesting concept.

I see what you're saying! I always wonder about this kind of thing and I always think that even though it's supposed to come to that one outfit, they must take a lot more into account. Like the person's overall potential and overall personality and how interesting or not interesting the show will be with that person? It's a curious thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pertelot
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009 07:28:23 AM »

I really don't think the egg guy should have been kicked off either, I was really surprised he was.  He may have taken his idea alittle too literally, but at least it was sewn well and had good craftsmanship
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gwydion
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009 07:37:20 AM »

I thought they were all very attractive-- in theory.  In practice, I think most of the designers have never actually met a real live pregnant woman.  Maternity clothing that does not permit a bra is tantamount to torture... and frankly, I don't think most ladies at nine months would like a skirt so short that you can't bend over without flashing someone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...