A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,293
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Homemade Gummy Bears  (Read 5776 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

GoddessMama
« on: August 26, 2009 09:29:07 PM »

So I tried to make the homemade gummy bear recipes that I have found online and they turned out yucky. So I came up with my own recipe. They are yummy and healthy too.

10 packets of Knox Gelatine

2 cups juice (avoid Pineapple, Kiwi, Papaya, Guava, Fig, and also Ginger Root)

1 cup Organic Sugar

1 tsp of Flavor Extract * Optional (Whole Foods has a lot of great ones)

In a medium sauce pan combine the first 3 ingredients, stir slowly over medium heat. You dont want to wisk it up because youll get froth at the top.

Take a candy mold and spray lightly with non-stick spray. If you dont have a candy mold use a 99 baking dish and cut them into squares, kinda like turkish delights.

Once your mixture in the pan becomes clearish and not cloudy and more its ready to add your flavor extracts if you want and then to go in the molds. Its easier to pour this into a glass measuring cup with a pour spout to pour into the molds at this point. Pour liquid into your molds up to the edge. Allow to cool on the counter top for about 30 minutes and then turn out on to a cookie sheet. Store in a plastic bag in the fridge. Of course they probably wont last that long!

Variations are on my blog.
http://evolutiondiapers.com/blog/?p=10
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009 08:06:56 AM by kittykill - Reason: Fix picture and comply with Craftster's guidelines. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009 09:11:27 AM »

they look yummy! i've wanted to make my own gummies for a while but never got around doing it.

and you are right, it's hard to find good gummy bear recipes
what amount/kind of gelatine is "10 packets of knox gelatine"? is it granulated or in sheet-form?
i live in europe and sometimes it's hard to translate (especally american) ingredient lists.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoddessMama
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009 07:35:46 PM »

Thanks to who ever fixed my post!Yeay! The packets are the granulated form, each one is 7.2 grams so you would need 72 grams for each batch. Hope that helps> ;0)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009 07:37:38 PM by GoddessMama » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tweet717
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009 05:46:33 AM »

Mmmmmm gummy bears!  Just curious, why do you need to avoid Pineapple, Kiwi, Papaya, Guava, Fig, and also Ginger Root?  I only really care about the pineapple because it's one of my fav flavors.

These are great, thank you for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoddessMama
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009 09:54:27 PM »

Those will keep the gummys from setting. If you love pineapple you'll have to use a flavor extract or on the bottom of my blog page about this there is a recipe for using jello and you could use pineapple flavored jello. ;0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yellowcab14
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009 04:00:14 AM »

WOW! i've always wanted to make gummy bears! thanks for sharing! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyDeath2007
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009 10:16:12 PM »

do you haft to keep them in the fridge.  My sister is getting married in Las Vegas on Halloween, and I wanted to make some gummy skulls and eyes for goodie bags.  Would they last if I didnt keep them in the fridge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Cute Sushi.  Purchas here http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=8250505
GoddessMama
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009 10:32:27 PM »

No, I'm Phoenix and I want to keep them cool just in case because I was worried about the juice spoiling. I think they would be ok out. ;0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...