A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
209 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Batman Swap (Sign Ups- Aug 26th to Sept 7th, Sendouts by Oct. 7th)  (Read 13185 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Chinjo Petite
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009 03:08:58 PM »

I don't have anything interesting to say other than I'm super excited for my first swap!!  Grin
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009 03:09:54 PM by Chinjo Petite » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlexPrime
~Master of Fear~

ThERe iS nOThiNG tO FEaR buT FeAr iTSelF...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009 05:09:03 PM »

Hahaha! Yes! Bud and Lou!  Roll Eyes I adore them. Harley and her 'Babies'. Cheesy I agree, most of the time she can be a complete ditz, but she has a seriously evil streak in her! At one point in 'The Joker' (by Brian Azzarello), Harley and Joker are in a bar when they take a guy backstage of the stripping stage. Harley then skins the guy alive and they push him out onto the stage. Of course, Joker slaps a dollar bill on the man's skinless butt. Roll Eyes Those two!  Roll Eyes

LMAO!!!! You're love sick for Joker!!!!! *snickers*
Damn right I am! But strangely, it's not for Ledger!Joker. It's for the Comic book one (specifically The Killing Joke and and the one from Jeph Loeb's works.) And also the Animated Series one. Hahaha! Movie Joker was amazing and I love him too, don't get me wrong, but I really love it when The Joker is overly dramatic, hilarious, and witty. Such as in the Animated Series... or in The Killing Joke. His little 'Loo-oooo-oony' song makes me just about choke every time I read it.

Oh, and Chinjo Petite, c'mon, join the discussion! Who are your favorite characters?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I really prefer burning a whole house down rather than trying to root out a few rats. It's extreme, but y'know, I'm not a very nice person."
RikaHeart

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009 10:10:59 PM »

LOL! The Ledger's Joker scared the crap out of me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlexPrime
~Master of Fear~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009 10:43:36 PM »

He didn't scare me, but I was definitely intimidated. He was absolutely insane! Like some wild, rabies infested dog. I went to see the movie on opening night and everyone in the theater was a bit shocked by him. One moment stands out in my mind. It's when he is filming the fake Batman and is all: "Then why do you dress up like him! HooHOOO! Look at me, Brian."The whole audience was laughing... until he said the second "LOOK AT ME!" in that extremely frightening gruff voice. The theater went dead silent.

You know a movie is great when it can get that sort of reaction from the audience.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I really prefer burning a whole house down rather than trying to root out a few rats. It's extreme, but y'know, I'm not a very nice person."
RevolutionaryGirl

Evil Genius Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009 09:21:37 AM »

I'd have to say that overall, Animated/Mark Hamil Joker is my favorite - though Ledger!Joker is a close second. Part of this though has to do with the fact that I grew up on Hamil!Joker so all over Jokers are measured against him.

On a related note, did anyone else watch the Adam West Batman when they were young? With Ceaser Romano as the Joker and all the kitsch one could stomach?

Also, has anyone checked out the new series Batman: The Brave and the Bold? It's style is a throw back to the "Silver age" look but is quite funny. There is one episode that the Joker appears in (it's a two parter so you need both to get it, he's in the second half): Game Over Owlman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJJMp6HgQCg&feature=channel_page. The voicing could be better but I would that Joker ep to be hysterical. Kinda fifties slapstick but still, worth the 40 minutes it take to watch both eps.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/RevolutionaryGirl

Batman Swap - Sent and received!
Doctor Who Swap - Sent 10/27
puzzled-penguin
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009 09:58:03 AM »

I'd have to say that overall, Animated/Mark Hamil Joker is my favorite - though Ledger!Joker is a close second. Part of this though has to do with the fact that I grew up on Hamil!Joker so all over Jokers are measured against him.
I think I'm the same. No other Joker has ever been quite as good (in my opinion) as Hamil. I do also like the newer, darker, comic!Joker though.

On a related note, did anyone else watch the Adam West Batman when they were young? With Ceaser Romano as the Joker and all the kitsch one could stomach?
They were repeated not that long ago on the tv and I think they might be ever cheesier than I remembered, who knew it was possible!

Did anyone else (possibly UK only, I'm not sure) catch the episode of QI that discussed Burt Wards 'unique' way of giving out autographs?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlexPrime
~Master of Fear~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009 10:17:58 AM »

I've seen Batman: The Brave and the Bold a few times. Man, I was extremely cheesy, and Joker definitely looks like his old comic book self. Put honestly, he looks so nonthreatening that it is almost too ridiculous to watch.

Not to mention I think of this every time I see that Joker design:::

Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chinjo Petite
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009 10:54:57 AM »

Hahaha! Yes! Bud and Lou!  Roll Eyes I adore them. Harley and her 'Babies'. Cheesy I agree, most of the time she can be a complete ditz, but she has a seriously evil streak in her! At one point in 'The Joker' (by Brian Azzarello), Harley and Joker are in a bar when they take a guy backstage of the stripping stage. Harley then skins the guy alive and they push him out onto the stage. Of course, Joker slaps a dollar bill on the man's skinless butt. Roll Eyes Those two!  Roll Eyes

LMAO!!!! You're love sick for Joker!!!!! *snickers*
Damn right I am! But strangely, it's not for Ledger!Joker. It's for the Comic book one (specifically The Killing Joke and and the one from Jeph Loeb's works.) And also the Animated Series one. Hahaha! Movie Joker was amazing and I love him too, don't get me wrong, but I really love it when The Joker is overly dramatic, hilarious, and witty. Such as in the Animated Series... or in The Killing Joke. His little 'Loo-oooo-oony' song makes me just about choke every time I read it.

Oh, and Chinjo Petite, c'mon, join the discussion! Who are your favorite characters?  Grin

My favorite characters have to be the Bat himself and then of course Joker and Harley. I love seeing them be interpreted and reinterpreted...though I don't always love the interpretations its an interesting process to watch over the years. I watched the original cartoons when I was a kid and then started reading the original comics...now it seems I always have Dark Knight on loop  Tongue You ladies are intimidating with your knowledge but I love reading your insights..I'm researching a lot of the films and comics you've mentioned  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009 10:56:38 AM by Chinjo Petite » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlexPrime
~Master of Fear~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009 11:13:05 AM »

I suggest you read Alan Moore's 'The Killing Joke', if you haven't read it yet. It is by far my most favorite Joker story ever. I also enjoy The Joker portrayal in 'The Long Halloween' and 'Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth'. In the latter, Joker sneaks up on Batman and gooses his behind. *swoon!*  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chinjo Petite
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2009 12:17:26 PM »

I suggest you read Alan Moore's 'The Killing Joke', if you haven't read it yet. It is by far my most favorite Joker story ever. I also enjoy The Joker portrayal in 'The Long Halloween' and 'Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth'. In the latter, Joker sneaks up on Batman and gooses his behind. *swoon!*  Wink

Looks like I've got some reading ahead of me  Grin Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...