A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
285 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Batman Swap (Sign Ups- Aug 26th to Sept 7th, Sendouts by Oct. 7th)  (Read 13186 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
AlexPrime
~Master of Fear~

ThERe iS nOThiNG tO FEaR buT FeAr iTSelF...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009 06:16:22 AM »

Hahaha! Yeah, Supes and Bats were fantastic in that movie! Batman really shows his strength in it, I think. I mean, yes, Superman is a hundred times stronger than him, but Batman is far more intelligent insomuch as that he needs to figure out ways to make up for his lack of actual powers.

All this talk of Batman makes me want to go watch Batman Begins. While I think The Dark Knight is the best Batman movie there is, I absolutely adore BB simply for The Scarecrow. I am a HUGE Dr. Jonathan Crane fan, and Cillian Murphy did a wonderful portrayal. I can't stand how Scarecrow is seen as either a raving lunatic or a spineless coward in most of the comics. He was both a Professor and Doctor of Psychiatry, and one would think he would be extremely intelligent. If they made him out to be a sort of Hannibal Lector type figure, he would be truly terrifying. Instead of just making him rely on his fear toxin, make him use his vast knowledge of the mind and phobias to break  them. Personally, I would think that would be far more frightening than just his toxins. Alas, many comic book writers don't seem to share my view...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I really prefer burning a whole house down rather than trying to root out a few rats. It's extreme, but y'know, I'm not a very nice person."
puzzled-penguin
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009 10:03:48 AM »

My questionaire is in!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RevolutionaryGirl

Evil Genius Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009 10:12:43 AM »

Hahaha! Yeah, Supes and Bats were fantastic in that movie! Batman really shows his strength in it, I think. I mean, yes, Superman is a hundred times stronger than him, but Batman is far more intelligent insomuch as that he needs to figure out ways to make up for his lack of actual powers.

All this talk of Batman makes me want to go watch Batman Begins. While I think The Dark Knight is the best Batman movie there is, I absolutely adore BB simply for The Scarecrow. I am a HUGE Dr. Jonathan Crane fan, and Cillian Murphy did a wonderful portrayal. I can't stand how Scarecrow is seen as either a raving lunatic or a spineless coward in most of the comics. He was both a Professor and Doctor of Psychiatry, and one would think he would be extremely intelligent. If they made him out to be a sort of Hannibal Lector type figure, he would be truly terrifying. Instead of just making him rely on his fear toxin, make him use his vast knowledge of the mind and phobias to break  them. Personally, I would think that would be far more frightening than just his toxins. Alas, many comic book writers don't seem to share my view...

I too prefer my Scarecrow smart and scary.

Recently in the comics, the Scarecrow stopped using his toxins and used his knowledge/psych skills instead. There was this awesome two parter in which he escaped using hypnosis - making the guards stuff their suits with straw and then set fire to themselves-and proceeds to terrorize the city without fear gas. (I can't find which one right now, I'll post it when I find it Undecided) I have no idea if this will keep going, what with all the "Final Crisis" stuff, but I really, really hope it does.
Also, you might want to check out the Scarecrow: Year One comic. While he does use his fear gas a bit, and is definitely on the insane side (family issues like whoa) he is oh so very smart and deadly.

I need to watch World's Finest Again. I do love how that despite everyone around him having superpowers, Batman is still the toughest one out of all the Justice League/Superherodom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/RevolutionaryGirl

Batman Swap - Sent and received!
Doctor Who Swap - Sent 10/27
RikaHeart

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009 12:17:09 PM »

Woohoo! Two sign-ups so far! Come on, Batman fans!

Yeah, I am a die-hard fan of the Animated Series (Mark Hamill!) but not so much of the other Batman cartoons. I utterly loath the new design for The Joker in the The Batman. He looks like a monkey.  Embarrassed But, it IS meant for kids, and it's a bit less serious than the other shows, so I guess whatever works. I also could never get into Batman Beyond, much, since to me, NO ONE can replace Bruce Wayne as Batsy! Bruce Wayne is just one of those things that should be constant. Death, Taxes, Bruce Wayne-disguised-as-a-Bat. Ya know?

Haha, RikaHeart, sadly, I haven't ever really been much of a Superman fan. I mean, I have a huge respect for the guy, but he is too bright for my tastes. One reason I love Batman is because it is easy to relate to his humanity and his struggle with good and evil. Perhaps I just haven't seen a Superman version I could truly relate to. Any suggestions?

OH! Speaking of Batman (and Superman), has anyone else here seen 'The Worlds Finest', also known as 'The Batman/Superman Movie'? One of my favorite animated movies! It was originally an three part episode of Superman: The Animated Series, but Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn are main characters in it. I highly recommend it, if you haven't seen it yet. J'adore!  Kiss

Oh! And for laughs: http://superdickery.com/  Probably the greatest site I have ever come across in my many years of internet. It makes fun of all the really old superhero comic covers and the like. Some of them, I can't even believe were ever published!! I really recommend it!

No Problem! I never seen the Worlds Finest, but I gotta see it.  I grew up with Superman since I as 2. So.. Superman will always be my Ulimate Favorite Super Hero.. lol! Can you blame a girl? I grew up watching Classic Cartoons with Superman PJ with a Cape lol!!!!!! 

But I always liked the two together in the Cartoon. It's always see them compete against each other on how they did stuff where Batman threaten the crooks into what he wants and superman wouldn't do that yet,  Batman would peek to see Superman change to Clark and Clark used his X-Ray vision to see who was under the mask lol! In Truth, in the Justice League, those two are the bestest friends. He knows if something happens, he can count on Batman to stop him.

I have a friend who has All the Comics of Batmans.. Over I think 600 Comics o.o; damn.. That's alot lol! He even stays up with the newest addition where Batman is dead and Superman asks Alfred if He's okay and Alfred tells Superman that His son is dead and he isn't okay, but he continues to bring Batman back with Dick Grayson, Damion who is Bruce's son as Robin and etc.

That reminds me... I gotta go read bunch of comics now to catch up lmao.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlexPrime
~Master of Fear~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009 02:29:49 PM »

Hahahah! I remember watching all the old cartoons as kid too. I was especially a fan of Batman: TAS and X-Men Evolution. Harley Quinn was my IDOL!

Yeah, I have been meaning to get Scarecrow: Year One, but I shall have to go online to do so. Which isn't bad, but I am tight for cash, lately, so it will take a while. I just recently bought Scarecrow Tales, which is pretty fun.

Here is The World's Finest! It's on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KUiOvhY_mE  The rest of the parts can be found on there too. It is really a great watch!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I really prefer burning a whole house down rather than trying to root out a few rats. It's extreme, but y'know, I'm not a very nice person."
RikaHeart

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009 07:44:12 PM »

Hahahah! I remember watching all the old cartoons as kid too. I was especially a fan of Batman: TAS and X-Men Evolution. Harley Quinn was my IDOL!

Yeah, I have been meaning to get Scarecrow: Year One, but I shall have to go online to do so. Which isn't bad, but I am tight for cash, lately, so it will take a while. I just recently bought Scarecrow Tales, which is pretty fun.

Here is The World's Finest! It's on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KUiOvhY_mE  The rest of the parts can be found on there too. It is really a great watch!

lol! Harley Quinn is a weirdo lmao!

Thanks! I'll go check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlexPrime
~Master of Fear~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009 08:49:52 PM »

Harley is almost as insane, in my opinion, as the Joker. How she can stick by him through thick and thin is mindboggling, especially when he beats her, insults her, threatens her, and tries to kill her over and over again. Her devotion is insane. She is amazingly pathetic, but she has a sort of innocently sweet charm to her. Adorable, happy, peppy, and innocently-not-so-innocent. A perfect villain, in my opinion, because you underestimate her as just some Joker groupie who can't exist without him. Wrong. She has proven herself many times before. It's like, you just don't think her a threat... until you wake up hanging over a piranha tank after sleeping off an injected sedative.

I love Harley! Hahah!

Probably my least favorite Batman Villain is The Penguin. He is fun, sure, but the least intimidating and really just kind of amusingly awful. Him and The Mad Hatter, who I like in some portrayals and some I don't. Honestly, if they went with him being some extremely vicious pedophile rather than his ridiculous Mind Control devices, He'd be a lot for creepy. I mean, I can see him kidnapping some poor little girl because she has long blond hair. In my opinion, that is hundreds of times worse than any mind control device.

Ahh, someday I am so going to have to write some comic books. I have so many wonderful ideas for some neglected characters...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RikaHeart

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009 10:03:34 PM »

Harley is almost as insane, in my opinion, as the Joker. How she can stick by him through thick and thin is mindboggling, especially when he beats her, insults her, threatens her, and tries to kill her over and over again. Her devotion is insane. She is amazingly pathetic, but she has a sort of innocently sweet charm to her. Adorable, happy, peppy, and innocently-not-so-innocent. A perfect villain, in my opinion, because you underestimate her as just some Joker groupie who can't exist without him. Wrong. She has proven herself many times before. It's like, you just don't think her a threat... until you wake up hanging over a piranha tank after sleeping off an injected sedative.

I love Harley! Hahah!

Probably my least favorite Batman Villain is The Penguin. He is fun, sure, but the least intimidating and really just kind of amusingly awful. Him and The Mad Hatter, who I like in some portrayals and some I don't. Honestly, if they went with him being some extremely vicious pedophile rather than his ridiculous Mind Control devices, He'd be a lot for creepy. I mean, I can see him kidnapping some poor little girl because she has long blond hair. In my opinion, that is hundreds of times worse than any mind control device.

Ahh, someday I am so going to have to write some comic books. I have so many wonderful ideas for some neglected characters...

How about that! You and I got the Least Favorite! Penguin.    LMAO! True! But Harley Quin does give the name to "Dumb Blonde" lmao Half of the time!! And she has those Hyena Pets.. Oiy! lmao.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlexPrime
~Master of Fear~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009 10:16:52 PM »

Hahaha! Yes! Bud and Lou!  Roll Eyes I adore them. Harley and her 'Babies'. Cheesy I agree, most of the time she can be a complete ditz, but she has a seriously evil streak in her! At one point in 'The Joker' (by Brian Azzarello), Harley and Joker are in a bar when they take a guy backstage of the stripping stage. Harley then skins the guy alive and they push him out onto the stage. Of course, Joker slaps a dollar bill on the man's skinless butt. Roll Eyes Those two!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RikaHeart

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009 08:46:36 AM »

Hahaha! Yes! Bud and Lou!  Roll Eyes I adore them. Harley and her 'Babies'. Cheesy I agree, most of the time she can be a complete ditz, but she has a seriously evil streak in her! At one point in 'The Joker' (by Brian Azzarello), Harley and Joker are in a bar when they take a guy backstage of the stripping stage. Harley then skins the guy alive and they push him out onto the stage. Of course, Joker slaps a dollar bill on the man's skinless butt. Roll Eyes Those two!  Roll Eyes

LMAO!!!! You're love sick for Joker!!!!! *snickers*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...