A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
180 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PostSecret Round 10 Swap Gallery  (Read 46890 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
HarleyQuinn
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2009 11:59:54 PM »

And second:

"Help"
The suffering and pain
begin to make me insane
The pain you hold deep inside
All the scars, blood and the number of times you've lied
About your life
About you holding a knife
to your wrist
nothing to risk
You begin to bleed
now you realize you need
Help

"I began writing poetry in 6th grade- most of it dark, twisty and depressing. This poem I wrote in 7th grade, eight years ago. I still feel the same- empty, alone, angry, depressed. Only now I can't write it down, the words dont flow any longer. Now I feel like I have nothing left. No feelings, no happiness. And now, no words."

Thanks for sharing, that must have been a tough one!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessa_aka_jalapeno

And high in Vitamin C! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2009 03:45:06 PM »

Secrets!!

"I didn't realise my phobia had got so bad... I can't even look at a picture of a spider without feeling physically sick."

"Wish I knew what I want to be when I grow up. 56 & still wonder!"

"I KNOW I'm on a dangerous path, but I can't ask for help until I reach my goal."
The back just says, "Please notice the hints I'm dropping"

"I still suck my thumb when I'm: scared, tired, nervous, or upset."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheesefairy13
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2009 07:11:13 PM »

Wow I've missed a lot:

HP Fanfic- This one made me giggle... I once read a harry/draco series, It was very amusing.

Procrastination - I procrastinate all the time and I hate it. I wish I was the type of person who would just start and finish stuff early then maybe i'd have a life. Instead everything just piles up and I drown in it.

Gym - Hah I bought all these cute work out clothes to wear when I work out. But I NEVER workout.
Luckily I didnt join a gym and they're super comfy. Great for lazy days or sleeping in, pretty much the opposite of what they were intended for.

Postsecret secret - I'm sorry I know i'm guilty of that.  I do read them all but sometimes I just don't know what to say. It's always easier with issues I can directly relate to.

I miss having friends - I have very few close friends and since I started college I don't get to see them as much.
I'm a really shy and akward person to get to know, I suck at meeting new people and the whole warming up phase. So I have no real friends where I live now.

Marriage - I'm not married, but my dad has been divorced 3 times. So I have a really hard time seeing myself getting married.  My sister on the other hand has been engaged for a long time, her and her fiance are wonderful
together, and have a baby on the way. I don't know your situation but it's up to both you and your husband to make it work and keep the love going. Don't let your mothers mistakes dicourage you.

Interesting strangers - Dito! As mentioned earlier me = shy and akward.

Help - I can't think of what else to say other than i've been there and it's not a good place to be.
Thank you for sharing, I know it took a lot to put that out there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mfupi
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2009 09:15:23 PM »

Thumb - I don't know if sucking your thumb is a whole lot different then sucking on the tip of your index finger, which I get doing  sometimes.

Dangerous Path - You know it's a dangerous path, first step is knowing that! Keep dropping hints, make them more obvious! Although, you can always ask for help for other things and slip it in there. I struggled and later found out it wasn't about what I thought it was about. For goodness things keep talking! You can ask for help any time you want, but the sooner the better. Take care of yourself.

Know what you want to be when you grow up - I never want to know what I want to be when I grow up! Those are the interesting people! Frequently flexible, interesting and industrious. Not knowing can be a great thing I think, embrace it!

Spider Phobia - Balloons and I'm done!   

Help - You conveyed your feelings through a letter format rather then poetry. You still have words, maybe you just need a different form rather than poetry.

Fashion Merch. Major - Fashion is linked with creativity... not shallow. Plus, just because someone is an anthropologist or work in a library doesn't make them immune to being shallow. It's all about the individual and if you're concerned on being shallow I'm willing to bet that you're not shallow. I wouldn't think shallow people would worry about that.

Shy to Strangers - I'm out going as all get out and still hit a brick wall with trying to speak to interesting strangers.

Bike riding - You tried, it's better then not! Good on you! Also, I'd like to comment that you were 15 and trying to do new sports, around that age is when a lot of people start getting out of sports. More good on you!

Mom Ending Marriage - My mother has been married 3 times, I worry the same thing for my future. I guess try to learn from others mistakes...

30 y.o. with Parents - If it's a problem do one small step away at a time?

Weed Smoker - Holy crow, LEGALIZE already, geeze! I fully believe in the benefits of pot. Fortunately here we can have medical marijuana and I have a brother who has it prescribed and I believe it's done him better then any of the lists of medications he's ever been on. People who productive self-motivating I believe have every darn right they want to smoke up. (Minus around children and animals, they have sensitive little lungs...)

Can't be your friend - Your friend sounds like what I have learned some of my friends are.... Toxic friends. I had to cut them out, it hurt some, but in the long run I think it was better for me. Good luck.

Miss Having Friends - Every stranger is a potential friend. If you're shy go to community activities/volunteer things/etc with the intention of doing well at what you're there to do and you'll have people come meet you.

Friend of Social Butterfly - My best friend is painfully shy while I am so out going that I wish I could be more like her. I hope she doesn't resent me cos I love her and would give her some of my out going attitude if I could, cos it's not always great.

Addictive Personality - I think I read somewhere else that it seems a little more obsessive then addictive. I can agree with that statement. If you are very concerned about it what about keeping track of yourself carefully so that you'll have the chance to have some drinks and so forth without it becoming a problem?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cassiecate57
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2009 06:50:13 AM »

secret with no comments: i worry about this too.

shy around strangers: i'm trying to be more outgoing but i'm not having much luck. it's really hard to just talk to a random person!

gym bag: there's a standup comedian who calls gym dues your "fat tax". you pay the tax and you don't feel like such a disgusting slob for not using it. if you have the packed bag, start small. "i will go walk on the tm for 20 minutes", "i will [something you don't hate] for [short duration]", do everything you can to make it enjoyable (music, water, position fans around you if your gym has them)...good luck. i have a workout room at my apt (it's really nice!) and i just try to think of it as a necessary evil. some days it's fun, some days it's not but either way, it's good for you. maybe you hate it because you've overdone it in the past.

still don't know what you want to be: doesn't everyone struggle with this? i sure do. i'm sorry you feel lost. i'm in the midst of two career paths and i don't know where to go. one's a non profit, low-paying thing that i LOVE (and am ok at), the other is a robot-unfeeling-corporate-greed job that i happen to be very good at and can tolerate for long periods (5 years and counting). good luck to you. maybe you can take some personality tests or find an ASVAB-like test online to help you gain some direction. good luck. {{{hugs}}}
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
&blog
˙˙˙ǝɹǝɥ pɐɯ ןןɐ ǝɹ,ǝʍ

timshel
cheesefairy13
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2009 12:36:20 PM »

It really, really hurts my feelings that my friends and family don't appreciate handmade gifts anything.
Whaterver I make is intrinsically valueless to them, regardless of how well it's done, how much time it took,
or even how expensive the materials were. Ouch.

I have never been more happy... that my sucide attempt failed.

Men scare me.

The Back:

I've never been an object of desire for men so it wasn't a problem. I sorrounded myself with female and gay friends. But since turning 21, I'm going out more and more. Men flirt with me and dance with me and i'm terrified.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elwynceltic
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2009 01:18:54 PM »

Handmade gifts: I worry about that all the time too. I look at all these great things and think I could make that and give it for Christmas or something like that. I always talk my way out of it, thinking they will think I am cheap. Little do they know, sometimes it costs more to make something nice than to buy it. So I usually just buy their gifts and start the process all over again the next year.

Suicide: I'm glad you failed too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheesefairy13
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2009 01:20:14 PM »

Handmade - I have to say that the picture doesn't really do this card justice.  It looks like it was painted and a lot of care was put into making. I could just imagine the work you do in your other projects, your friends and family are the ones missing out. I can't believe no one will appreciate it. Not even a grandma or something?  That sucks. My bestfriend is the only one who gives me handmade gifts.  Thank you for sharing, my advice would be to find some more appreciative friends.

Failed Suicide - I'm happy that your in a better place now. And thank you for sharing i'm sure it gives other people hope that things can and do get better.

Men - I don't know where the fear stems from but I hope you find a way to cope with it and eventually be rid of it. Men are everywhere it's not fair to yourself to have this fear bringing your down. Thank you for sharing your secret.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ifallthraindrops
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2009 01:56:25 PM »

After a huge fight with my best friend, I wished she could never have children. She wanted them more than anything. A few years later, she had a molar pregnancy that developed into cancer--which eventually killed her. We made up before she died, and I never told her what I had wished. I've never forgiven myself.... And I miss her so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ifallthraindrops
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2009 02:00:49 PM »

I hate when my mom uses hott guys to get me to go to church.

Back:

I am agnostic and I just wish she would accept it instead of taking advantage of how desperate I am for a guy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...