A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,883
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 100
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Towel Tour Gallery - As seen on TTTV  (Read 124661 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sew~amy
« Reply #480 on: September 27, 2009 01:31:09 PM »

the underwater towel is turning out fabulous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fabricfriend
« Reply #481 on: September 27, 2009 05:25:25 PM »

so here is the towel that i am sending on its' way!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #482 on: September 27, 2009 05:59:55 PM »

Love, love, love that amusement park homage! Amazingly ominous.

And that witch is so cute! Halloween is my favorite holiday by far. Did you draw the design yourself? I love the spider on her dress Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #483 on: September 27, 2009 06:54:13 PM »

That is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #484 on: September 27, 2009 07:14:53 PM »

The amusement park entrance is great! I love the face!
That little witch is adorable. I've seen that pattern on flickr.

I finished ThirdMargaret's towel tonight, but it is too dark for me to get a decent pic. I'll take a pic 1st thing in the morning to post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fabricfriend
« Reply #485 on: September 27, 2009 08:49:19 PM »

thanks-the witch is a free design off the net. i just saw my towel with the frida head-love it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenlightgo
« Reply #486 on: September 27, 2009 09:17:37 PM »

YEA! I'm so glad you like the Day of the Dead Frida fabricfriend!  I love love love your witch. The design came from Amy at Quixotic Pixels( I think I spelled that right) on flickr. I stitched this up last year. I love her dracula too! SO CUTE! I can't wait to get it!  The hermit crab is FABULOUS! LOVE the redwork! The shamrock is beautiful, and the satin stitching is perfect! Oh how I try to do satin stitching, but its never perfect! I'm in love with the amusement park entrance~ Awesome Work! I smashed my first two fingers of my embroidery right hand in the garage panels Friday, its hard to feel anything but tingling now, but the first two days there were periodic sensations that of needles being stabbed into my cuticles, and alternating with feeling like they were burning Cry  I don't think they are broken just nerve damage
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009 09:18:57 PM by greenlightgo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #487 on: September 28, 2009 12:36:32 AM »

3rdMargaret - I love the shamrock design!
as to satin stitch I suspect you know all there is to know - practice helps, less threads can help, brushing threads can help (untwining), sometimes if I'm going around something where directionality is important I give myself guidelines with and air erase pen

millik - eek! I'm scared and impressed Wink

ZQ-the owl is perfect as to the whole camera thing I will pass along these much reiterated tips just in case it helps
first the (flower) macro setting is helpful to get a good focus on close up, if it is dark out and you can't get enough light and you have high mpx camera turn off macro turn on the flash take the picture from farther away and crop it...it is really helpful to know how close you can get to an object before your camera won't focus (I have one that is 1/2" while another that is 1.5")

KW - cool roller coaster I looked up a photo in case anyone was curious http://jipaoverseas.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mg_0335_p.jpg

FF-that witch is great I love the spider Wink

greenlightgo - ouch! that is rough I hurt my thumb on the last tour and it was brutal keep us posted and thanks for the quick info on the witch design it saved me finding it again Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
I Sew Cute
I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

« Reply #488 on: September 28, 2009 05:39:12 AM »

The Shamrock & hermit crab are so amazing! The underwater theme towel is coming along so beautifully! That satin stitching on the shamrock is just...wow!

Cute owl with the addition of googly eyes! I always want to add embellishments like that, but never feel mine look right.

That witch is a cutie!  Wink

The amusement park entrance is wild! All that detail....and how you ever managed to transfer it... thanks for sharing about the carbon paper!

Greenlightgo - hope your fingers are feeling better soon! Yikes!  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #489 on: September 28, 2009 07:05:31 AM »

The amusement park entrance is wild! All that detail....and how you ever managed to transfer it... thanks for sharing about the carbon paper!

The lack of a light box is my eternal bane when it comes to image transfers. I have an embroidery done recently where I couldn't work out ANY way to transfer the design, so I gave up and just used a printout of the image, then stitched through both paper and fabric. zNow I get to pick out all these fiddly bits of paper. No fun.

I used this Clover transfer paper: http://www.shiboridragon.com/Notions/Clover-Chacopaper-434.jpg Seriously good stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 100 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...