A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,826
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Low Stress Fiber Swap Round 1  (Read 25017 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

freestyle
aka ModernSpin

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2009 02:55:29 PM »

Woohoo!! Partners! And Nesse, I'll definitely have plenty of scraps if you want to swap with me. I've got literally bags of them from using the hackle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2009 11:48:43 AM »

I made it to a computer!!!! wooo hoooo, partners!   I'm hoping I make it to a fibershop in Vancouver..... extra goodies to be found there I'm sure!  ttyal.  I'll be back again on the 8th!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sallyb
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2009 02:20:17 PM »

Woo hoo!  Partners!  I'm sure all of us are doing the same thing at the moment... stalking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2009 02:26:27 PM »

I made it to a computer!!!! wooo hoooo, partners!   I'm hoping I make it to a fibershop in Vancouver..... extra goodies to be found there I'm sure!  ttyal.  I'll be back again on the 8th!
i am a fibre swap stalker,

anyhoo, if you make it to Vancouver, i recommend you go to a shop in Richmond, steveston(sp?) called woolies and wickets, and ask for the roving, they keep it in the back usually, its awesome! merino wool. crafts n' more does have HUGE balls of roving, but in black grey and puke.. thats about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
myklia
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2009 03:50:13 PM »

I took a trip to Etsy for the swap and a trip to the grocery store.  Wink  I still have no idea what small craft item I will make, but there is over a month. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2009 04:01:46 PM »

I'm so excited too! There's so much good stuff going on in life right now. This swap, school, learning how to draw and paint with watercolor! Whoo-hoo!

I'm excited to gather up bits of fiber for CamOovas. She's a felter and wants some bamboo to work with. Man, oh man, did she get partnered up with the right lady. I believe I still have a couple of pounds of it left.

I'm hoping to learn some felting tricks myself after this swap. I have a feeling I could pick a few things up from CamOovas!

Ooooo and I scored big today at the bookstore. I went into Half Price Books (I used to work there, little tidbit of unnecessary info.). They had a really awesome book on batiking and tie dyeing from 1973 on sale for $1! It has over 250 pictures and man, they're sooo cool! Lots of awesome weavings and really great clothes. I love the clothing of the 70s and I think it influences a lot of my crafty choices. I tend to gravitate right towards batiks. Anyway, I feel like I found a little treasure. I also found a $1 book on sewing clothes and a $6 watercolor guide. I'm so excited to learn for so cheap! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2009 05:52:37 AM »

Hello loves! How are we all doing today? I'm up bright and early which is rather unusual. Smiley I've only had 3 hours of sleep because I stayed up late doing homework and I loved every second of it. I'm just so thrilled to be a student again. I feel like I have this driving motivation to succeed and learn as much about art as possible! It's too much to take in at once! (This is quite off topic of fiber, but if anyone is itching to learn to draw, this website is so cool. It's well oganized, split into lessons that correlate with my art appreciation textbook (which I think is a good sign, as it seems to be the most widely used book for the course) and are easy to begin with! www.drawspace.com Anyhoo, just thought I'd share it with anyone in the world.) Smiley

So are we all having swap package fibery dreams? I'm waiting to hear back from my partner before I start gathering up stuff.

It's been a quiet thread this last couple of days. You guys must all be as busy as I've been! Back to school can be wild!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2009 06:38:08 AM »

I've made some purchases and some plans for my swap partner's package so far.  I hope to ship early for this swap.  It'll depend on how quickly my supplies arrive in the mail.

I've still got some stash diving to do for the smallish crafted item I have planned.  If all else fails I'll have to do more shopping.  *sigh*  I don't know if I'll manage....lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2009 07:05:32 AM »

I'm making plans Smiley  But I have plans starting today through Monday that will make most crafting tricky ... I'm hoping I can still get stuff done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
myklia
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2009 09:22:56 AM »

I happily got all my fibers in the mail yesterday.  Some are just to practice dying with while one is hopefully a successful final dyed product to send.  I love the fiber too.  I will be ordering more for myself next payday.  I am still completely stuck on what I am going to make for the small item.  How early I send depends on what my small item will be.  This weekend I will be playing with dying fibers.

I won't be making it to the Wisconsin fiber festival, but hopefully others will be able to meet up there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Elf on a Shelf Doll
Time to Feast!
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Pie Wontons

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...