A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Danica Help!  (Read 1464 times)
Tags for this thread: knitty , danica  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kitten_88
« on: August 09, 2009 04:02:46 PM »

Hi everyone, I know there are a bunch of threads on Danica already, but I can't seem to find specific help on what I'm stuck on!

I've finished the first two base triangles, and the left side triangle (in the contrast color). I've picked up and purled 10 stitches on the base triangle that is attached to the contrast color triangle (this is the second part of section 2). My problem is, there seems to be room to pick up more stitches on this triangle, (which might be correct), but the instructions now tell me to "slip the last picked-up st to left needle, p2tog". Everything is currently on the right needle. So if I slip the last picked up stitch to the left needle, there isn't anything to purl it together with!

I'm not the most experienced knitter, but I'm going to stare at this until I figure it out, so any help would be greatly appreciated! I hope I described the problem well enough. Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:kate:.
soozeq
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009 04:54:46 PM »

You would purl the last st you picked up with the first st on the left needle from the other set. You have to space out your picked up sts, not do 1 st per 1 st. You might pick up 3, skip the next st, p/u 3, skip a st.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
kitten_88
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009 05:18:08 PM »

Okay, so its just a spacing issue. But now are you saying I'm not supposed to have everything on the right needle? I guess obviously I need something to p2tog it with, but it seems to be just a tangled mess if I start knitting it this way. I'll maybe keep going and see if it fixes itself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009 07:24:43 PM »

You should have turned, and all the sts from the foundation triangles would be on your left needle, the picked up sts would be on your right needle.

Here's some tutorials with pictures, maybe that will help you figure out what to do when...

http://wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/index.php/Yarnpath/comments/all_aboard_the_entrelac_express/
http://redthreadsblog.blogspot.com/2006/03/entrelac-tutorial.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009 03:58:27 AM »

This is on my project list to do next so Thank you for putting up those tutorials as they are very usefull.

Hope they help you too kitten_88  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swaps Always Welcome Cheesy
kitten_88
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009 04:29:36 PM »

Thank you for your help, soozeq!! I haven't had time yet this week to work on it, but the tutorials I think will make a big difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009 05:16:10 PM »

Great! I followed the Yarnpath tutorial to make a throw for my son. I used it for how to do the triangles and blocks and did larger blocks and more of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...