A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
163 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: let's hear it for magpie!  (Read 2972 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

trustbaxter

sex and confusion, sabotage and hardcore

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2005 07:44:53 AM »

whoot whoot!

finally got to check it out this weekend. if you haven't been there yet, you should go!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leah
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005 10:01:28 AM »

Yay! I'm glad you like it!  We're definitely really psyched about how it's shaping up!

We've been so lucky to find all kinds of great crafters to sell their awesome work there.  And it's fun for me as a part-owner because I can try selling my own random crafting experiments there too. Tongue

If anyone in the Boston area wants to come and check it out, here's the info. We're right in Davis Square so it's easy to get to:
http://www.magpie-store.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
djungelorms friend

staying sane through grad school by staying crafty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005 10:09:47 AM »

That looks so great, Leah!  I'll have to stop in the next time I'm visiting my parents in my beloved hometown.  Maybe even by then I'll have enough stuff made to email you about consignment, *grin*.

Congrats on your fab location, btw: that was one of my favorite "cool" neighborhoods to hit as a teenager.  Davis and a trip to Garment District... I felt like it was a hip or even "hep" saturday... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

have you hugged a moose today?
leah
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005 10:30:52 AM »

Yeah... I love Davis Sq!  I don't live in that area (sadly Sad) but I love hanging out there.  Great coffee shops, good food, awesome used book store called McIntyre and Moore.

And now there's a cool new "craft studio" called Spark Crafts there too.  It's a 1 minute walk from Magpie. Here's their website if anyone is interested: http://sparkcrafts.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xmelinda
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005 11:12:45 AM »

God-freaking-dangit!  I wish Davis Square was that cool when I lived there!  I used to live (with my sister, QueenofSwords) on Highland Ave, RIGHT UP THE STREET, in a house next door to the ridiculous National Guard Armory.  There wasn't much in Davis Square when I lived there (1992-94) other than Johnny D's and the Somerville Theatre.  And McIntyre & Moore is there now???  Oh man, I spent SO much money in that place when I used to work in Harvard Square and they had a shop there.  My fave used book store of all the places I've lived.

I was always surprised there wasn't more going on in Davis Square, with a T stop there and the bus line and Tufts right up the way.  Have a lot of businesses been moving to the outlying neighborhoods because areas like Harvard Square or, like, Newbury Street have gotten too expensive?  Has Central Square gotten hip, as well?  Man, a guitar shop and comic shop, too??  Two coffee shops??  A craft studio??  I totally missed out on all the fun!

Well, congrats on your move -- looks like a cool place to be  Smiley

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
trustbaxter

sex and confusion, sabotage and hardcore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005 11:34:40 AM »

yeah! i made a visit to the spark studios this weekend, too! i can't wait to move to the davis area at the end of the summer. i'll definitely get a membership at spark. the shop prices are pretty good, too.

davis is cool. there is so much going on but it's not obnoxious like allston or other college-y areas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kstarsk
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005 08:03:45 AM »

i am TOTALLY with the "why wasn't davis so cool when i lived there" crowd! I moved just a year ago and of course sweet crafty stuff moves in when i move out.. perhaps i will take a long lunch today and check it out...

Wink kt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"there never was a good war or a bad peace"
-benjamin franklin
PollyEsther
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005 12:04:17 PM »

ooh! I totally love McIntyre and Moore! How did I not see Magpie the last time I was there? Well, now that I know to look for it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leah
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005 07:24:35 AM »

If yer looking for Magpie next time you're in Davis Sq, what you need to do it walk down Highland Ave towards the Brooks Pharmacy.

We're on the opposite side of the street as Brooks.  On a cute little block that has Out of the Blue Seafood, Comicazi comic book shop, Salonika hair salon and Rock City Guitars.

I also wanted to mention that if any of you want to sells some crafts on consigment at Magpie, we'd love to hear from you.  Here are the details:
http://magpie-store.com/consign.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sabrinas_Charm
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005 07:23:11 PM »

Magpie is awesome! After reading this thread I might head down to Davis Sq. tomorrow or sometime next week just to walk around and check everything out I live right near there but hardly ever get over there. and I def. want to check out Spark and I'll stop in Magpie and look at my stuff hehe I know I'm going to giggle when I see my stuff for sale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...