A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 314,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
113 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bead Soup Swap - Round 2  (Read 27097 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2009 05:07:41 PM »

What a neat idea Smiley  I was just thinking last night that I needed to start beading again!  I gotta go home and see what I've got before I fill out the questionnaire.

Anyone here use/willing to send seed beads?  That's mostly what I use, though I have all kinds of other ones that I could send.  Obviously you wouldn't have to send me a full cup of seed beads... that would like, double my entire stash.  And be a bajillion beads Wink

I have seed beads to spare!!   Grin Grin Grin  BUT I don't want seed beads in return.  LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2009 05:11:12 PM »

Oh, I also wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in some Tibetian hook style closures.  I got a bunch from RondaS in a personal swap, but I don't think I'll be using them and I want to find a good home for them with someone who appreciates them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2009 07:29:50 PM »

hi atsuko!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2009 08:22:31 PM »

Anyone here use/willing to send seed beads?  That's mostly what I use, though I have all kinds of other ones that I could send.  Obviously you wouldn't have to send me a full cup of seed beads... that would like, double my entire stash.  And be a bajillion beads Wink

I have seed beads to spare!!   Grin Grin Grin  BUT I don't want seed beads in return.  LOL!

Hey Atsuko,  I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my PM, but in this swap you aren't necessarily sending and receiving from the same person.  The questionaire asks about what beads you WANT to receive, and what beads you HAVE to give.  So if person A has glass beads to give, and wants seed beads, she might send to person B who wants glass beads and has wood beads to give, and person B might be sending to person C, who wants wood, but has seed beads to give person A.  If you look at the partnering on page one of the last rounds swap, you'll see how that one worked out.  That way everyone gives to someone who wants what they have, and gets what they want from someone.  :-) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CreativeChick8

www.soundwavejewelry.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2009 08:29:20 PM »

I can't wait for this swap, It's a great way to get back into it after a couples months of not swapping at all. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come on.....you know geeks rock your world.....

myspace: www.myspace.com/creativechick8
flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/blackaudiophotography
etsy: www.soundwavejewelry.etsy.com
WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2009 10:01:46 PM »

jennieingram , so we might have some 3 ways or 4 ways! sweet!  and on any other place that might be interpreted wrong!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2009 04:56:37 AM »

I was thinking about this bead swap today and was curious to know if anyone is trying new jewelry making techniques. I've made 3 strand bracelets for a long time and I'm just now dabbling in found, charm, chain like necklaces, and I really like it. I've never really been into charms but now I'm keeping an eye out for anything I can use.

I've played with different things on and off.  My favourites though are netting/off-loom weaving, and chainmaille.  I have done it in the past, but left it by the wayside for a long time, but I have some ideas for some wire projects and loomed projects I want to do.  Maybe.  If I have time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2009 06:07:09 AM »

jennieingram , so we might have some 3 ways or 4 ways! sweet!  and on any other place that might be interpreted wrong!

LOL!  Sort of.... but not really.  I was just abbreviating the process for that description.  Here is the participant list from the last round.  You can see each person in the swap is listed on the left (next to a number), with who they are sending to on the right.  (So each person's name appears in the list 3 times instead of just once.)  See how some people might both send to one another, but other's are not?  For example, I SENT to leopardstripes, AbbyRose, and Ma Rut, but I RECEIVED from chibi neko, Krafty_Karasu, and leopardstripes.  (LOL, last round I ended up sending 3 packages, in a twist of fate!)  Though in this round we will each have either one or two partners instead of everyone having two.

Participants:
1. jennieingram--->leopardstripes, AbbyRose, Ma Rut
2. Krafty_Karasu--->jennieingram, perlabella
3. xx_Kellybean--->AbbyRose, TracyInNH
4. laes43--->mixymo, katcal
5. AbbyRose--->mixymo, laes43
6. wx2dzug--->Ma Rut, xx_Kellybean
7. leopardstripes--->chibi neko, jennieingram
8. TracyInNH--->Krafty_Karasu, wx2dzug
9. Kerallyn--->chibi neko, esmecraftin
10. katcal--->esmecraftin, laes43
11. perlabella--->Krafty_Karasu, TracyInNH
12. esmecraftin--->katcal, Kerallyn
13. chibi neko (with assistance/donations from RondaS)--->leopardstripes, Kerallyn, jennieingram
14. Ma Rut--->wx2dzug, perlabella
15. mixymo--->xx_Kellybean, chibi neko

This way everyone receives beads from someone who has what they want, and sends beads to those who want them.  Also, for clarity's sake, it became easier for me to track people's packages by having their sending status color only appear on their numbered spot, and their receiving status appear beside the person who sent to them.  Does that help the partnering process make sense for everyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2009 06:09:55 AM »

P.S.  For about 30 mins there in the first round, I even confused myself at first...  I started stalking Krafty_Karasu, and made a list of possible items to make for her, before remembering that though she was sending to me, I wasn't sending to her!  :-(  Sad day!  

Oh well, we're making up for it by being partners in the Craft Me Some Jewelry Swap now...  :-)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009 06:10:32 AM by jennieingram - Reason: fixing typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

april again
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2009 11:04:59 AM »

I sent my information, I am very excited for my very first Craftster swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Cool Pupcicles for Hot Dogs
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...