A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,823
Currently Running With Scissors:
289 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sparkly Mario Eveningwear!  (Read 55831 times)
Tags for this thread: super_mario , dress , mario , featured_project , video_game , party_dress , craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Pirate4Hire
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2009 10:18:16 AM »

!!!you are my crafty-fashionista hero! i love these, the mario dress is the radest thing iv ever seen! good on ya!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShammyCrafty

www.etsy.com/shop/explodingnoise

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2009 05:55:08 PM »

Love it! You're my hero. I want to marry these dresses. I aspire to make things that awesome. You have just blown my mind. Thank you.

And I just noticed the NES garter! HOT! Thanks so much for sharing this. It's such an inspiration. I have been drawing sketch upon sketch of clothing and jewelry trying to find a way to marry my love for cartoon characters, t-shirts, cosplay, and couture. I went to an open call that Urban Outfitters had a while ago to try and sell my designs, and they said that while my designs were 'unique', they were 'too quirky' and wouldn't fit well with their store. I started to think that maybe it would be too strange to combine cartoon characters and fashion. I was feeling really discouraged- but thanks to seeing your designs, and the feedback from posters on this thread, I realize that with the right designs, it can be done, and that there IS a market for it.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009 06:04:50 PM by ShammyCrafty - Reason: to add more love! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Huliganjetta

faster pussycat! kill! kill!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2009 08:08:36 PM »

I have been drawing sketch upon sketch of clothing and jewelry trying to find a way to marry my love for cartoon characters, t-shirts, cosplay, and couture. I went to an open call that Urban Outfitters had a while ago to try and sell my designs, and they said that while my designs were 'unique', they were 'too quirky' and wouldn't fit well with their store. I started to think that maybe it would be too strange to combine cartoon characters and fashion.
It would never, ever ever be to strange. I love those things and would by that kind of stuff, as would most of the people I know, and most of the people they know.

P.S. my friend wants you to do a Final Fantasy line next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Otis: I'm the one who brings the Christmas candy. Now tell me, who's your daddy? I'm the one who brings the devil's brandy.
Mother: Who's your daddy?
Otis: I'm the one who beats you when you're bad.
Baby: Who's your daddy?
Mother: Who's your daddy?
SpecialKRJ

I want so much more than they've got planned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2009 12:34:23 PM »

WOW. I don't know which one I like the best--- Okay, that's a lie. Fluffy skirts are my weakness. But seriously, I don't know if it would be more fun to wear the Mario one to an evening out, or go subtle with the coins so that only the TRUE geeks would give me a double-take. AWESOME.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyTooth
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2009 04:02:29 PM »

You are freakin' amazing!!! The sequinned Mario alone made me go "Daaaaang!!!" This is by far the coolest fashion collection ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ahren
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2009 11:01:45 AM »

Shocked Wow these are fantastic! Love them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cute_Little_Pumpkin

Tea is important.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2009 09:43:55 PM »

Those are really amazing dresses
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bloody kisses xoxo

Check out my favourites on Etsy.com

http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=7990545
luchadork138
We Are 138

if youre gonna scream, scream with me..

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2009 12:54:06 AM »

This made me smile 1000 smiles. I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://worldofdorkcraft.blogspot.com/ Blog I share with my fiance with all our nerdy projects Smiley
Perfect Doak
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2009 04:23:38 PM »

Amazing stuff. I <3 the mario dress the best
THIS ROCKS   Logged
montyfull
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2009 05:47:01 PM »

Amazing stuff. I <3 the mario dress the best

Haha Smiley Thank you. I also like the mario dress the best...but I might be biased because I spend DAYS with that Mario head, sewing sequins until my fingers bled!!!  But the fingers healed up, so all is well. I wish I could get someone to wear this to a games award show!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Everything in moderation...even moderation. ~

my wists: http://www.wists.com/montyfull
I'm open for personal swaps!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Pie Wontons
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Jewelry Art
November 14, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...