A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
209 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tang Pouch Purse!  (Read 143459 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ebear
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2004 11:02:31 AM »

i saw this bag on tv one day, and decided to make one!  everybody at school loved it and my Home ec. teacher said i should make a matching skirt.  mine is bigger, and i used 2 old belts for straps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BearyPerky

Just call me Rizzo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2004 12:41:33 PM »

you are amazing! I have been wanting to try a bag like this, but havent been ambititous enough!!  My mom and I have really wanted to try, and now we can! Thanks soo much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She looks too pure to be pink!
mizswim4him

yeah whatever..

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2004 08:05:35 AM »

thats totally awesome. we just got a box of tang so im gonna save them so i can make one. it looks so cool! cant wait till i have my own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klojgal
Ephemera freak

reuse/recycle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2004 09:29:08 PM »

I lined my koolaid bag purse with a tropical vinyl tablecloth that has flannel on one side. I like it because you can get those table cloths for about a buck at Big Lots in tropical styles for the summer.

You can see other bags at this Filipino website called:

http://www.mobettaworld.com

Lexi Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lover

I want to be a ninja when I grow up!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2004 12:40:27 PM »

we make those at my school,i made almost 300$ selling them. every girl at my school has one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want a lover i don't have to love i want a boy whose to drunk he doesn't talk
Cinderemma
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2004 02:03:55 PM »

Oh my Gosh!! That is so awsome!! Shocked I have been wanting to find out how to make one of these for weeks. Thanx so much for posting it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klojgal
Ephemera freak

reuse/recycle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2004 02:35:04 PM »

;DI'm kind of proud of my first attempt. I ran the pouches through my laminator to flatten them first. Now I want to make a plastic covered foreign newspaper purse - but how do you keep the contact paper from globbing up the sewing machine? Lexi Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2004 05:31:37 PM »

WOW!!!!!!!! I love that fabric on the inside of our purse!!!! i haven't been to big lots in a while though. I have no liscense, or car, but sometime's i can convince my family to take me places, very rarely though!!!! So you live around DFW?? that's awesome!!!! Me too! i live in Arlington/mansfield!!!! where do you live???  Huh me and my friend might have a craftster parry over the summer, and we're looking for cool people around here!!!!! PM me!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
rowan
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2004 11:44:41 AM »

???What size needle did you use? Was it a wedge needle? I have a Bernina, and don't want to hurt it... Roll Eyes
Berina actually offers a pattern for the juice bag. I use a leather needle and jeans thread on zigzag. I don't have a berina ,sigh. But if I did I'd use that double needle attachment yet still with jean thread. You can also buy a teflon no stick pressure foot . it like made out of your no stick cookware.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klojgal
Ephemera freak

reuse/recycle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2004 06:22:57 AM »

So you live around DFW?? that's awesome!!!! Me too! i live in Arlington/mansfield!!!! where do you live???  Huh me and my friend might have a craftster parry over the summer, and we're looking for cool people around here!!!!! PM me!!!!
Thanks for the compliment!! I appreciate it!![/color]Yes, I live in in Keller - just the opposite side of town from you. My son is a sophomore at Central High this year. Central cost only slightly more to build than the new Mansfield High School. It's beautiful! I am from the west side of fort worth, but moved away to Paris, Wisconsin, and Georgia before returning to FW two years ago. I'd love to go to a crafter's party! I have an online art/collage biz, but I am adding tutorials to it soon as well. Did you go to Main St Arts Festival? I couldn't  Cry due to pneumonia I've had for 9 weeks! It really is tiresome. Write back! Lexi Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...