A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
267 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tang Pouch Purse!  (Read 143912 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
RealtorRose
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2004 10:13:40 AM »

Hi All,

Awesome purses...can't wait to make my first one.  Can anyone who has made these give us some hints on sewing in the side panels.  Do you ever trim the packages.  Do you zig-zag the sides as well or do you sew them on the inside.

Thanks
Rose
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilsunbum6
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2004 03:46:44 PM »

i have been making these for a while not a big sewing person and i cant get the bottom 4 corners to look good they are all puckered ....i thought maybe i would try sewing it all inside out then turning it right side out i dont know.... i have trimmed the bags if need be
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redlipsredboots
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2004 06:04:50 PM »

whoa, you have just made so many tng- drinking astronauts proud. that is amazing. did you line it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
librarylil
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2004 06:06:36 AM »

Rose, Zig zag them on the outside, with wrong sides together.  Don't forget to leave 1/4 inch at the bottom when sewing the sides together.  This makes your bottom corners fit together nicely.  Good luck.  I have made about 75 of these and sold every one.  Now that school is out and the cafeteria is closed my capri sun pouch supply has dried up. Library Lil
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stepher
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2004 03:13:15 PM »

I am new to this site, and I heard about these purses from a friend of mine, I was looking for a pattern and I was lead to this site. I would like to make one of these purses for a 4-H project. Will someone e-mail me every step, tip, and even a pattern that would help me.. PLEASE! It would be greatly appreciated! I have already started drinking the pouches! Smiley

[email protected]

Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
truthfool
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2004 07:45:39 AM »

It's so amazing how these juice purses have become so popular! Smiley I'm from the Philippines and I did drink those juices as a school kid. I still buy some to bring to the beach during summer.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i shall not live in vain
Starry_Eyes

I'm a Duran Duran FAN!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2004 12:21:51 PM »

Hi, your tang pouch purse is the reason I'm on this board.  I've seen similar ones on Ebay and *knew* I could probably make one. I searched around....Lo' and behold, I found this board. Such wonderful ideas!!!

Update: I was going to wait until this weekend to make my juice pouch purse but I decided on putting it together last night. It turned out great! When I get a chance, I will take a pic and post for everyone to see. Thanks again for the inspiration.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004 12:00:19 PM by Starry_Eyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

:-) I'm a Duran Duran Fan!!!
PAM2614
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2004 12:37:51 PM »

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE RESEND THE DIRECTIONS FOR THE TANG PURSE??

THANK YOU ALL ! ...PAM
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amelia bedelia
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2004 04:35:08 PM »

i was downtown the other day with my friend dianne and we saw purses like these in a store called she she (does anyone else think of a pink poodle?) they were made from different kinds of juice pouches, but it was sewed. one thing that i thought was cool was that it was made in the philippines by women who live at a womens shelter.
but yours is still awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn it feels good to be a gangster
aerochickmm
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2004 06:43:52 PM »

Hey, This is my first post here, but i have recently started making purses like that! Only i used Kool Aid Jammers!! It came out soo good. A lot of my friends want one! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...