A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,457
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone care to share an opinion on the Dritz My Double Deluxe Dressform?  (Read 1481 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Daymoth
« on: July 07, 2009 10:27:29 PM »

Pretty Please. I'm spending way too many hours looking up dressform reviews (which their are hardly any to be found it seems) and now I'm looking at this one which SewVac.com has for 149.99 but I have no idea about the quality of the form or the site so I'm just not too sure... Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daymoth
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009 11:15:43 PM »

bump  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daymoth
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009 09:47:59 AM »

Or any recommendations for any dressform in the 150-250 price range...That's about as high as I can go and I really don't want to waste my money. Sad  I'm so lost on this .... lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009 02:28:32 PM »

If you are a b-cup or larger it is probably fine.
I have a dritz twin fit and it doesn't get used since I can't pin into it and I'm an a-cup. My hardest fitting problem is the chest and the form doesn't make this any easier. I'm an a-cup, so I can't exactly pad down, but someone b-cup or larger can pad up.

I would definitely suggest a Uniquely You over a Dial-a-dummy any day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daymoth
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009 03:28:58 PM »

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how that would work for me, I'm a (nearly) b so it might work and might not from the sounds of it.
I did look at the uniquely you forms and they look amazing but from the reviews I read on them you have to know what you're doing with some serious fitting for the cover and I'm still learning a lot of things so I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do it right.. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
desm88
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009 09:46:48 PM »

If you can't find a dressform petite enough, you could always make your own like this: http://www.threadbanger.com/tb-projects/episode/THR_20090403
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009 09:20:30 AM »

Problem is you can't pin into those either. I find the boobs on the dial-a-dummies are weird, too, more old fashioned than the round shape that has been popular for the last 20 years. The bust is just a big fitting issue for me. I also like having a stand and not having to build my own stand. I'm also short on extra hands to help wrap me up, but one day I want to do a really accurate mold of myself. I'll probably get an art student friend to help.

Th time invested in fitting the cover will be well worth it in the long run. I now have 2 dress forms and the one with the dials never gets used. I did try to cover it with batting to make it easier to work with, but that didn't work either. The gaps between the pieces are hard to work with  and on mine one side collapses, which is a flaw in the design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat
They Only Love You For Your Brain
Meatless Monday: Creamy Spinach and Potato Baked Eggs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...