A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret 9 (Send-Outs 7/10)  (Read 65259 times)
Tags for this thread: vampire  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2009 08:13:54 PM »

I would hate to think what people think about my groceries! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
Salo
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2009 08:05:37 AM »

Text: I think Twilight is useless and boring.
Back: I'm tired of hearing about it, seeing it everywhere.

Text: If I could do nothing but take pictures for the rest of my life, I could die happy! I'd even give up sex.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Salo
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2009 08:09:20 AM »

What's funny is, if I had received the Twilight one 3 days ago, I would have readily agreed. But 2 days ago, at 9:45pm, I decided to give Twilight a shot since my sister was insistent enough to lend the book to me and not take it back until I finished. At 3:00am, I finished the book, immediately went to Wal-Mart and bought the sequel and the blu-ray Director's Cut of the movie, then watched the movie until 5:30am. It's annoying that I like it so much, but I guess Twilight can't help that it fits my love of cheesy romances so perfectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother, Team Oak Tree

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2009 08:22:42 AM »

doesn't like Twilight-- I haven't really paid much attention to the Twilight thing, but I feel pretty much the same way about Harry Potter.  The sad thing is that I read and sort of enjoyed the first few books, but I stopped after the 4th one because I didn't like the direction the author was taking the series, and I was really tired of everyone telling me how great the books were when I can list about 20 better-written children's fantasy books without even walking over to look at my bookshelf.   Undecided  It's so hard to say, "Um, I guess it's ok," about something everyone else thinks is the best thing ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the moral of Pierre is 'Care'." -Maurice Sendak

Ugh, it's like Thanos, ok?  the long E is the feminine ending.  (Also, I prefer *not* to destroy the universe when possible.) Thann-uh-tay, no "nate"
Casey1201
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2009 08:53:07 AM »

I am not a Twilighter either nor did I ever get into the Harry Potter thing. I dont know just not my thing.

The photography one: I couldnt have written this better myself. I love photography and do it as a hobby. Its a beautiful thing to be able to capture life like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
Aquila
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2009 11:37:48 AM »

@thanate please please list the 20 better written than Harry Potter and Twilight books Cheesy

I am always looking for new books to read when I finish the HP Series again erm I mean when I am done with the exams for this year Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scaramouche

Whedonist in heart and soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2009 02:19:53 PM »

I'm patiently waiting for my last card to appear in the gallery. I so hope it made it to it's owner, cause it was by far my favorite!

Talking books, You might want to take a look at Stravaganza by Mary Hoffman (I personally love those books)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother, Team Oak Tree

« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2009 02:48:23 PM »

pinkfeline--  heh.  Well, just about anything by Diana Wynne Jones (and that's more than 20 right there) but perhaps especially The Dark Lord of Dirkholm & Year of the Griffin.  Sherewood Smith's Wren books, and Court Duel (and there are a couple more recent ones I can't remember the titles of immediately...), Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chronicles, Tamora Pierce has done some good stuff, Patricia C Wrede's Enchanted Forest chronicles... (and I'd better stop before we get too far off topic!  I was in a swap a while back where we got yelled at by one of the mods for getting into a long digression about favorite books...)

Anyway, scaramouche-- I haven't seen my favorite card yet either, and I can't remember who I sent it to... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the moral of Pierre is 'Care'." -Maurice Sendak

Ugh, it's like Thanos, ok?  the long E is the feminine ending.  (Also, I prefer *not* to destroy the universe when possible.) Thann-uh-tay, no "nate"
raeonix
Crochet, Knitting, Cross Stitch

« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2009 03:13:28 PM »

I'm STILL waiting for cards, I hope they didn't get lost in my crappy post office. Waiting on 2 more. I also got addicted to the Twilight books and want to read them again, even though I hated reading the first one, I think they got better as they went on. The first one was just so repetitive and redundant, but I was desperate to read the rest! I hope she finishes the fifth book one day.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009 03:14:09 PM by raeonix » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ifallthraindrops
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2009 06:22:58 PM »

I totally agree with the Twilight secret, though I also think SMeyers is a teeeeerrible writer full of cliche and her characters are either annoying or creepy (Edward WATCHES BELLA SLEEP and STEALS PART OF HER CAR so she can't go visit a male friend. RED FLAG). I do have a deeeeep love for Harry Potter, though I fully acknowledge that A, she's not a very good writer and B, the series took a baaaaad turn right around book six. I think fame got to JK's head. She's a master plotter though. Many intricate details and everything means something. Amazing.

I mean... secrets. Post secrets. Shhh. : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...