A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 314,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
232 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 58374 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2009 01:27:36 PM »

My husband has been LOL at me all week. I've gotten excited with each piece I've finished so far. Cheesy

My plan has been altered a bit too.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Husband - I'm making a remote control organizer to hang over the edge of his recliner. I might make it roomy enough so his game controllers will fit as well.

Both of my kids will get new hats in their stockings this year. I made my first crochet hat last week and they both went bananas over it. My son's will be his favorite shade of blue (needs some trim, dunno what yet) and my daughter's is going to be pink with white furry thread trim.

Son (almost 9) - I'm making him a set of the Mario figures. I made the Mushroom using the soda pop pin cushion pattern and he went bananas. I now have to decide which characters to make. I've already made the green mushroom, red 'shroom and a goomba. Maybe a Koopa, dunno... New addition! - with hopes my first arigarumi critter!

Daughter (almost 4) - dress up purse with matching hair pins, faire/princess dress

Mom - crocheted scarf and 3 pairs of earrings

Dad - a lap quilt and something else to be determined

My coworkers - (I'm the dept head at work.) - I'm making felt ornaments for them. Maybe some kind of quick edible goodie...chocolate bark is a serious possibility. Smiley

My kids' teachers - I'm thinking I'll use the rest of my preserves or apple butter for them, but that means I have to fix a double batch so that I'll have some for us. lol
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009 01:30:40 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tallyboo
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2009 02:29:12 PM »

I'm just starting to get excited about this Christmas too! I have decided to make 100% of my gifts this year (except for some gifts for my fiance, not all his will be handmade), which seems a bit daunting but I think I will pull it off. I have quite a bit of crocheting to do, as I'm making hat and scarf sets for a lot of people.

I'm also making an afghan (my first!) for my sister.

Today I bought a 4 pack of lime green place mats on clearance at the dollar store to make a bag for my aunt.

My soon to be MIL is getting a number of apple things for her kitchen, including embroidered tea towels and hot pads. I'm going to try to make an apple mosaic too, which I have never ever done, but she always talks about one she had that her brother broke.

My fiance's sister is getting a french memo board, and his brother, well, I have no idea! He's a gamer kid like his brother so I'm sure I'll come up with something.

I'm making name puzzles for my two toddler nieces and dress up tutus and wands, I have a baby niece who will be 8 mos by Christmas and I don't know what to make her yet. I also have two nephews, one is getting a Titanic painting (he's been obsessed for years) and I'm not sure about the other.

My grandmother is getting a crocheted purse that she's wanted for awhile, and her boyfriend I may just make a hat and scarf set for. They travel a lot so I'm trying to think of something else that may be better? I don't know.

Dad is getting a hat and scarf set in Eagles colors.

Fiance's mom's boyfriend is getting the same but in another team, that I have to find out.

Fiance's dad is getting the same, but in "woodsman" colors haha.

No idea about my mom yet, I have a ceramic snowman that I am going to paint for her, but other than that I have no clue. She has everything!!

I also need to figure out what to do for my fiance's Nanny and step-mom.

Aaaand I need to figure out something small to make a lot of for the many aunts and uncles and cousins of my fiance's.

And I want to do something small for my brothers and their wives.

Phew!

Oh shucks. I have 4 close friends to do something for too. Ahh!!

It should be fun to figure this stuff out, I want to use up as much of my GIGANTIC stash as I can so it's like a game to figure out what I can make.

If anyone still reading this way too long post has any ideas about the people I don't know about yet, please share!

Wheee!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2009 03:53:23 PM »

Tallyboo, how about a decoupaged recipe box covered in apples? I think it would go nicely with the tea towels and hot pads. Smiley

What kind of gamer is your brother's kid brother?  D&D, World of Warcraft, Magic, etc.  If I had a clue as to what kind, I might be able to give you some suggestions.

Have you seen the NFL Huddlers that they are hawking on HSN? Basically, they are Snuggies only made with NFL print fleece. If you had access to the fleece, those would go together super quick once you had a basic pattern and they are One Size Fits All.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tallyboo
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2009 05:00:38 PM »

You just totally reminded me that I bought a recipe box and cards with apples on them from Michael's out of the dollar bin a few weeks ago to give her! While it takes my gifts from 100% to like 95% handmade I still would have so forgot if you hadn't said that! Thanks haha.

Also, his brother is 10, so he's still into like Mario/Sonic/Zelda type games. Last year I drew him a picture of Sonic (his favorite) in oil pastels that he adored.

That snuggie idea is a good one, although I freaking hate snuggies haha. I may go pick up some team fleece to make the scarves and hats out of though, and seriously save some time since sewing is so much faster than crochet.

Thanks for the suggestions! They totally helped. =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2009 05:12:00 PM »

Snuggies always make me snicker, because I think of when they "invented" them on Scrubs (maybe they really did!), except they called it the "Slanket" (sleeves + blanket!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2009 06:11:42 PM »

Also, his brother is 10, so he's still into like Mario/Sonic/Zelda type games. Last year I drew him a picture of Sonic (his favorite) in oil pastels that he adored.

Look at this Tally. https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=316449.0

It took about an hour to make one of these and my son (Cool LOVES them. They are called soda pop pin cushions. I used the concept taken from a site on google (easy to find good tutes!) and just ran with it. I am making my DH a larger Goomba (approx 5" tall) to sit on the edge of his monitor with its little feet dangling over his screen. All you need is felt, soda pop tops and a bit of imagination. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2009 02:59:14 AM »

What exactly do you mean by "soda pop top"?  I'm imagining all sorts of things, and none of them would seem to fit inside of those pin cushions. ^_-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xx_Kellybean
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2009 06:27:36 AM »

by the looks of it, she's talking about the caps on the bottles of pop?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2009 09:12:07 AM »

What exactly do you mean by "soda pop top"?  I'm imagining all sorts of things, and none of them would seem to fit inside of those pin cushions. ^_-

Yep, looks like what most of the internet is calling "bottlecap pincushions" - http://www.flickr.com/photos/verybigjen/sets/72057594099768007/ - and they're made with the plastic lids of pop bottles. I've made a few - takes a bit of work stitching, but they're easy and fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2009 09:49:48 AM »

ooooooh, I get it now! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Cool Pupcicles for Hot Dogs
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...