A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,876
Currently Running With Scissors:
377 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas 2009, what are you making?  (Read 59835 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2009 03:07:28 PM »

Oh good i'm glad i am not the only one! I started my list a long time ago!
Parents
Calendar- I am painting or drawing each months picture.

Sister-
I make an advent calendar for her. One small gift a day until christmas day where she will get one big gift. I also give her the option of skipping the advent part and just opening 25 gifts on christmas day. If anyone has any idea for small gifts that could be used for an advent calendar they are greatly appreciated.  Grin
For her big gift I am making her sets of painted canvas' for her wall. Either a set of three or a set of nine 9in a pop art style)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2009 05:20:55 PM »

Sister-
I make an advent calendar for her. One small gift a day until christmas day where she will get one big gift. I also give her the option of skipping the advent part and just opening 25 gifts on christmas day. If anyone has any idea for small gifts that could be used for an advent calendar they are greatly appreciated.  Grin
For her big gift I am making her sets of painted canvas' for her wall. Either a set of three or a set of nine 9in a pop art style)

I've always wanted to make an advent calendar, but I'm not sure how you'd do one when you have two kids. Double the goodies each day? Take turns? Dunno...

Some ideas could be.....candies of course, small jewelry like earrings or bracelets, miniature tree ornaments, Hmmmm.....Oooo, how about a make your own necklace with each day containing a different bead. She (or you) could string the beads to complete the necklace on Christmas day.

I bet the calendar for your parents will turn out lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2009 06:14:01 PM »

Sister-
I make an advent calendar for her. One small gift a day until christmas day where she will get one big gift. I also give her the option of skipping the advent part and just opening 25 gifts on christmas day. If anyone has any idea for small gifts that could be used for an advent calendar they are greatly appreciated.  Grin

I've always wanted to make an advent calendar, but I'm not sure how you'd do one when you have two kids. Double the goodies each day? Take turns? Dunno...

Some ideas could be.....candies of course, small jewelry like earrings or bracelets, miniature tree ornaments, Hmmmm.....Oooo, how about a make your own necklace with each day containing a different bead. She (or you) could string the beads to complete the necklace on Christmas day.

I saw a lady on here who just made the gifts things both kids would like. Like puzzles to do together. Coloring books. Candies. And you could also included things like activities instead of gifts for each day. just write them on paper, roll the paper and tie with string so they get to "open the activity each day" Like make ornaments for the christmas tree. Watch Christmas movies. Make gifts for friends or grandparents. Baking Christmas cookies (You could include some new cookie cutters to go with this activity as a gift) ect. so each day doesn't have to be a gift. If you have a day where the gift isn't as big or as "fun" as the others (what gift isn't fun when your a kid  Wink ) You could make a treasure hunt to find that day's gift to make it fun  Smiley
You could do some days an activity, some days they get one separate, and some together. just so each day is new.
Here the advent calendar i saw https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=280062.0
Hope this helped you out.
And thanks for the ideas for me!!  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009 06:21:44 PM by Smuckers9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2009 09:37:40 AM »

My mom was telling me yesterday that my 8-year-old niece (the one into cake decorating) said to her, while they were at Disney World, how much she really loved the handmade gifts I make her every year.

!

I was going to just get her some fancy cake decorating supplies this year, but I guess now I'm going to have to make her something too! (Not a problem, because it turns out that, somehow, I've managed to amass an impressive amount of yellow yarn, and she just loves yellow!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marcusandila
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2009 08:48:29 PM »

Sister-

well here is an easy advent calender you could make with 2 kids around. hey they could even help! it's not from scratch but it works. for the price, you could even give them as gifts; which I think i may do for this year or next year for extended family & keep one for myself LOL

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=48/5504&prodCatId=388818&mode=Browsing&erec=417&Ne=90000&sp=true&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&N=388818&tabId=2&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&sd=Color+Your+Own%21+Canvas+Christmas+Calendar
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicolatte
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2009 02:14:48 PM »

Oooh, I love the advent calender idea too! Except, I don't have kids, I have a 21 year old boyfriend. Tongue The boyfriend is REALLY hard to think of gifts for actually, my list so farrrr:

- HIM t-shirt, most likely ordering from Ebay (his favorite band)
- I really wanna stencil the heartagram (the HIM symbol from the band, looks pretty cool) onto some glasses, but I'm still deciding, because I've never really stenciled stuff onto glass before.. Embarrassed
- Doing an embroidery of a heartagram, gold thread on black fabric, it's gonna look awesome.
- I think it would be cool to stencil out or even cut out letters onto a canvas that says 'Shit happens', because it's his little 'saying' (he says it alll the time to everything, including when I ask him why he didn't do dishes Angry), and actually has it tattooed on his lower back.

And that's about it. It's hard, because he's not even used to getting presents, at all. Especially hand-made stuff; on Valentines I made him a card, and he said it was the first hand made card he had ever gotten.. that made me sad! Every holiday he usually never gets anything from anyone, and ME, I'm like the queen of spoiling in my family, so I LOVE giving and making gifts. I love him and all, but he doesn't have alot of interests, doesn't like much so it's hard to think of stuff to make, cause he only loves pretty much 2 things, his favorite band HIM, and well... stuff I can't even mention on here. Embarrassed Undecided

SO any suggestions on what you made your hard-to-make-for loved one, lemme hear it. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all of my jewelry : www.ShiningIsFree.etsy.com
AlyssaKnits

Formerly Thatkid

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2009 03:43:34 PM »

make him food!
cookies are good.
my brothers always love cookies/cupcakes.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Changed my username, Formerly Thatkid!
marcusandila
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2009 06:30:40 AM »

Oooh, I love the advent calender idea too! Except, I don't have kids, I have a 21 year old boyfriend. Tongue The boyfriend is REALLY hard to think of gifts for actually, my list so farrrr:

- HIM t-shirt, most likely ordering from Ebay (his favorite band)
- I really wanna stencil the heartagram (the HIM symbol from the band, looks pretty cool) onto some glasses, but I'm still deciding, because I've never really stenciled stuff onto glass before.. Embarrassed
- Doing an embroidery of a heartagram, gold thread on black fabric, it's gonna look awesome.
- I think it would be cool to stencil out or even cut out letters onto a canvas that says 'Shit happens', because it's his little 'saying' (he says it alll the time to everything, including when I ask him why he didn't do dishes Angry), and actually has it tattooed on his lower back.

And that's about it. It's hard, because he's not even used to getting presents, at all. Especially hand-made stuff; on Valentines I made him a card, and he said it was the first hand made card he had ever gotten.. that made me sad! Every holiday he usually never gets anything from anyone, and ME, I'm like the queen of spoiling in my family, so I LOVE giving and making gifts. I love him and all, but he doesn't have alot of interests, doesn't like much so it's hard to think of stuff to make, cause he only loves pretty much 2 things, his favorite band HIM, and well... stuff I can't even mention on here. Embarrassed Undecided

SO any suggestions on what you made your hard-to-make-for loved one, lemme hear it. Wink

glass etching is an easy craft to do. there are 2 methods that I know of. Cutting out the design on contact paper/masking tape or fabric paint. I recommend the fabric paint method. You just print out your design & tape it inside the cup. Then, you take fabric paint and trace out the parts that you DO NOT WANT ETCHED onto the glass. Let dry. put masking tape around the rest of the glass to avoid etching parts that should not be etched. put the etching cream on there -- make sure you leave it on there for a good while & use alot of etching cream! Then, rinse it off. The fabric paint will come off & your design will be left etched into the glass. Also, be sure that you use RUBBER gloves to protect your skin. Etching cream WILL burn you.

You could totally stencil your own shirt....  Here are a VERY useful & informative "tutorials". My suggestion, use freezer paper. Comes out so professional. Smiley

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=44928.0

If you are talking about stoner related stuff with the "cant be mentioned here" stuff he likes:
-stash book-box. You can either make one out of an old book OR you can buy a book-box at craftstores-michaels has them & paint it to his liking.
-Make bags to store pipes in
-sex stuff usually goes over well with guys...maybe a lingerie set for you to wear later Wink
-naughty coupons are also usually a hit
-make him pillowcases Smiley

also, check out the generic boyfriend thread too there is a plethora of ideas:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47986.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marcusandila
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2009 07:05:40 AM »

Here's a link to what I'm making for 2009- it's really long. i posted it on its own thread so i could find it easier...

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321450.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SuzannahAshley

Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2009 10:05:29 AM »

I usually try to do these massive treat baskets filled with cookies, fudge, and all sorts of things. They never get completed though because I'm try to make them have so much in them, and plan them for lots of people. With food, it all has to be done very soon before the day of giving. Its just too much to get all done in 1 week for me. I'll still have some cookies to give away too, just not 3 dozen per person. Tongue

So this year, I'm making non-food items. I'm hoping to get it all accomplished since I can work on them from now until Xmas.  I plan on making retro/mod style aprons, custom recipe boxes, custom recipe cards, some plushies, and lots of ornaments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...