A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,840
Currently Running With Scissors:
240 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 44 Cents Swap Gallery  (Read 25898 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2009 08:54:58 PM »

As far as I'm aware of, most everyone did spend 44 cents on postage for their envelopes.  A couple of exceptions were the non-machinable envelopes, which meant a 20 cent penalty (even though the envelope weighed an ounce). 

For my envelope, I sent the card case 'open' so it laid flat...and it was a breeze to stick a couple of notecards (also laid flat) along with a dozen inchies (which were arranged carefully Wink).  Yeah, it was really fun to try to figure out how to meet the requirements Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2019
malmow
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2009 11:52:38 AM »

The wonderful cable guy just fixed my internet, so I'll be posting pictures of my envelopes tonight. They all look great so far! I hope you ladies like what I sent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calsters
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2009 02:29:03 PM »

I received from beadedbyamy and plucky1_08!  They sent awesome envelopes!!!  I loved everything!

First up beadedbyamy!!!

She sent three awesome sheets of scrapbooking paper, two read leaf beads Smiley and one heart bead, five small mirrors, red and black polka dot ribbon Cheesy (high school and college colors and one of my fav color combos!), and...

a wicked ribbon/flower/button bracelet!!!  All of my favs!!!!  Thank you beadedbyamy!  You rock!

Next up plucky1_08!!!

She packed this envelope!  She sent two sheets of tissue paper!!!  One is a leafy fall print, and the other tissue is a plaid/houndstooth print!!!  This is going to work out so well for some inchies!! She also sent a rockin bookmark, fabulous inch by inch ribbon Smiley, a teddy bear iron on patch!, high five stickers :O, school supply stickers, makeup stickers, and my absolute fav...watch stickers!!!!!!  They are so kick a!    Thank you plucky1_08!  I'm so excited to get craftin'! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Callie Karen
malmow
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2009 03:52:01 PM »

Ooh, I love that inch by inch ribbon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
half pint
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2009 05:30:26 PM »

i love that ribbon, too.
i almost got some last time i went to the fabric store...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DoodleLou
I don't know what I don't know. But I want to know.

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2009 06:50:37 PM »

I received today from 85%confusion! 

Man....I tell you what...this girl didn't just cyber-stalk me....she climbed right into my head and pulled out things that my tiny little pea brain loves and makes my heart get all full of love.  Damn, girl, you are good!   Grin Grin Grin

So here's the awesomeness that I got: 

I got a strip of cross stitch bookmark material...Including a needle AND a skein of variegated girly pink embroidery floss. My favorite color!!!! I already know that I MUST stitch roses on it. I love to read and am in serious need of a new book mark.

Next, I got this really, really, really sweet tatted  and beaded choker!  Tatted!  How did you know this about me?  Seriously....you had to have been inside my head!  I was *just* checking out some instructions on tatting!  I was. Honestly...I was!  And here you send me something tatted.   

AANNNDD there was two really sweet honey bee stickers! Honey bees!  *Does a happy dance*  I luvers honey bees!

Last but not least....a recipe for "Holiday Indulgence" which included two of my favorite-ist things in the world! Chocolate and raspberries.  Chocolate AND Raspberries.  Guess what topping I just put on my ice cream last night? Yup. Chocolate syrup and raspberries. 

*SWOOOON...picks self up off the floor...looks around for hidden camera*  How did you know these things about me...?? Wow, girl, you are a swapper of the legendary kind!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Self diagnosis: Obsessive, complusive crafty addict with AD/HD tendancies.

"The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies." Demetri Martin

https://www.facebook.com/Feeding.the.Habit
Smmarrt
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2009 06:58:57 PM »

I feel stalked today, also, but in a good way. I received from laes43:

All good stuff for dotee-making! Eyelash yarn, ribbon, ribbon and more ribbon, buttons, fabric flowers, mini bows, applique flowers and rainbow fabric. Awesome - thanks so much Lee Ann!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Junk Journal-along in the Misc. Topics board
Altered Puzzle Pieces coming soon....
Another 4 x 6 Art Swap
plucky1_08

Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2009 07:29:02 PM »

I have received from Calsters and beadedbyamy and I love love love everything.  They both did a great job of sending things that are so me and I can most definitely use in future crafts. 

My computer crashed last week so I can't post pics right now, I'm hoping my great partners can for me but if not I will as soon as I am able to get on a computer other than work.  lol 

On a side note, I love the idea of this swap but both envelopes I received had tiny tears and holes in them, not big enough to lose anything but any more time in a mail carriers bag and I'm afraid they would have ripped open.  I noticed a couple of other people mentioning holes and that also. I'm assuming it was the machine they run them through and the fact that we didn't send just flat paper.  I don't know if there is a solution but maybe something to think about for a second round.    Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2009 07:52:56 PM »

calsters, you talked about wanting polka dot ribbon in the original swap thread... so there you go! Plus when you told me you're allergic to most metals, I thought "wow I bet it's hard to find many good accessories... I wonder if I could make her something totally metal free and cool." Then I worried if it would be too bulky, but I knew I had to send it anyways!

I received from calsters, but I'll wait until I get my other envelope to post pictures. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2009 08:48:57 PM »

I love seeing all the amazing goodies that everyone managed to fit in their envelopes Cheesy 

On a side note, I love the idea of this swap but both envelopes I received had tiny tears and holes in them, not big enough to lose anything but any more time in a mail carriers bag and I'm afraid they would have ripped open.  I noticed a couple of other people mentioning holes and that also. I'm assuming it was the machine they run them through and the fact that we didn't send just flat paper.  I don't know if there is a solution but maybe something to think about for a second round.    Huh

Yikes.  That's definitely something that needs to be addressed.  Not quite sure if this will work...but how about taping the envelope w/ packing tape to reinforce the paper?  Any other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2019
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...