A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
186 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 44 Cents Swap Gallery  (Read 25946 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
PinkPug,INK.
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2009 12:34:05 PM »

That's scary that there was a hole in the envelope! But it looks like it's all there. I'm so glad I had a paper crafter as a partner. It allowed me to get rid of all the random snippets of things that I will NOT throw away but never knew how to use. I hope you find them inspiring.

I made a scale with the ruler and quarters idea that I balanced on a spray can. And by the time I had put all the things into an envelope I had lost my template to measure thickness. I eyeballed it...I didn't want to reinforce it because I was afraid that would add to the weight. Looks like it will be worth it next time.

Also, like I said....PinkPug, you have another envelope coming your way soon. I just have to get myself to take pics before it goes out. I like fun and random so I am sure that I will enjoy whatever you send me. I'm always excited to receive things in the mail.

i sent both of yours yesterday morning so you should get them by tuesday the latest. i have tons of ideas for pretty much all the stuff you sent & will use some of it in my chunky houses swap!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ostera15
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2009 01:19:53 PM »

I received my envelope of goodies from Half Pint!

Sorry the pictures are kinda blurry, not sure whats up with my camera. But anyway, I got some reflective fabric, ASL hands, a mini envelope full of sequins,  and some handmade made paper. I can tell she was checking out my wist too, because I love anything to do with cats and I got a bunch of cat stickers!

My favorites are the handmade resin buttons with 9 holes!!, the Celtic knot charms, and the rubber stamp, so they get another picture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

But can I make it out of clay?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2009 03:51:12 PM »

Great package Ostera!

PinkPug, I was trying to explain ATCs to a coworker who I think would enjoy making them with his drawings so I promised to bring it to work on Monday. Will be mailing out either Monday or Tuesday Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Obsession: Polymer Clay
DoodleLou
I don't know what I don't know. But I want to know.

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2009 05:04:54 AM »

I received from DoodleLou - and it was a completely awesome swap package envelope! DoodleLou put some serious effort into this swap, and everything was so perfect, so me - absolutely things I'd have picked for myself! =)

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/133187_DSCN1424.JPG

She sent vintage Vogart embroidery transfers, a super-cute crochet bookmark pattern (it's an apple/bookworm), and a Beechnut Coffee Hosiery mending kit!

The hosiery mending kit is humorous, in that at a big barn sale I went to, this guy had literally DOZENS of boxes of books/magazines/etc. For $5 you could fill a box of whatever you wanted from the stuff. Along with about 30 books, some stationery, and antique photos, I scored two pairs of vintage stockings... with the seams up the back, still in their boxes with tissue wrapping. Anyway, my family teased me mercilessly about the stockings, so the mending kit was funny! I LOVE it!

And a close up of the transfers...

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/133187_DSCN1425.JPG

Sorry about so few pics... I have dial up internet at home and it takes forever to load pictures. ~sigh~

DoodleLou, thank you, SO MUCH! I love everything.

Glad you liked it 85%confusion!  Funny story about the hosiery!  That sounds exactly like something I would pick up out a rummage sale.  Just because it's one of those quirky, funny, odd things that no one else would really want but I just couldn't live without!   Grin

This really was a fun swap!  I'll be looking forward to the the next round.  I still can't get over all the stuff in some envelopes!  It's simply amazing.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009 03:33:58 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: Please don't quote photos, thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Self diagnosis: Obsessive, complusive crafty addict with AD/HD tendancies.

"The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies." Demetri Martin

https://www.facebook.com/Feeding.the.Habit
ostera15
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2009 04:32:01 PM »

I recieved my envelope from malmow last night. Buttons and ribbon and papers, oh my! Lots of nifty stuff to put use.

I love the ribbon and that tiny yellow dot is a super cute little plastic mouse!

Since I had planned on makeing some inchies when I finish my millions of projects in progress all these little odds and ends will come in handy! and speaking of inchies I got one of those too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2009 06:08:10 PM »

How did you guys get so much in your envelopes? The first time I brought mine to the post office, I didn't have that much and they said it wasn't machine sortable. I'm just awed by how much some of you are getting in your envelopes. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plucky1_08

Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2009 07:33:46 PM »

How did you guys get so much in your envelopes? The first time I brought mine to the post office, I didn't have that much and they said it wasn't machine sortable. I'm just awed by how much some of you are getting in your envelopes. Tongue

yeah I know what you mean, I have a feeling a lot of people went over the 44 cent rule.  I think mine would have gone but since the post office was closed when I got there and I couldn't get it weighed, I ended up sticking an old 37 cent stamp I had laying around on yours just because I didn't want it coming back to me and taking longer to get there.  lol 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009 07:44:08 PM »

Just so everyone knows, I received a lovely envelope from SarlaAnne, but am having a hard time locating my camera cord. But if I can't find it soon, I'll take picture with my phone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
half pint
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2009 07:57:11 PM »

i received from ostera15 and malmow last week.

here's all the stuffings from ostera15:

my favorite is the train- it's a magnet and it's on my fridge

and from malmow:
my favorite is the red/bandana iron on patch

here's the close-up of the inchie

Thanks you both, so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

But can I make it out of clay?

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2009 08:49:39 PM »

I spy a bicycle sticker! All these envelopes are wonderful.

As far as I know I met the qualifications. There was a skein of embroidery thread that I wanted to send but it made it too puffy and was too heavy. The ribbons I sent were about one fourth of an inch once taped wrapped...So I put them along the sides of the envelope. Anything that puffed out further than the ribbons I knew was too big. I stuck to lots of little flat things and anything I thought would slide around was wrapped into the fabric. Crafting an item would have been another story though..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Obsession: Polymer Clay
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...