A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,893
Currently Running With Scissors:
304 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Warcraft Guild Banner  (Read 3267 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2009 11:04:11 PM »

Ok, so I'm posting this here, but if I need to move it, please tell me where it goes, k? Thanks.

Anywhoo, I am posting this because I am so proud of what I accomplished this afternoon. Cheesy Shopping to purchase the supplies to make said item took triple the time to actually make the pattern/design and sew it. I researched what my World or Warcraft's guild tabard looked like in game and used swagdog.com to view a larger version. I'm hoping to make more of these and maybe different variations for other guild mates, if they approve. The crest in the middle is freezer paper stenciled and painted with a metallic silver. I found a muted gold cording to closely match the design of the side, and it just hangs from a dowel rod I bought for $.50 or so at walmart.

(Plz 'scuze the mess.) Embarrassed
Please let me know what you think. Comments and criticism always welcome! Tongue
Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ducky2010
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009 08:00:58 AM »

That turned out well! If your willing to craft for guild mates, then they must be pretty awesome. Hope they appreciate your effort!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009 05:58:28 PM »

That's RAD! I saw it and totally LOLd, turned to my bf and said, "Hey hon, should I make us a guild banner?" *points to screen* and he said "HEY! That's pretty cool!"

If only our GM would stop changing our colour scheme Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K the CraftyWitch

Crafty in so many ways!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009 03:59:47 AM »

I made the mistake of showing my guildies one of my embroidery pieces. Now the GM said that he wants me to embroider our guild tabard. I told him I'd teach him and HE could do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Crocheter ~ Embroiderer ~ All-Around Arts & Crafts Witch ~

..*) .*) K The CraftyWitch..*) .*)
(. (.`Maryland, USA`.)`.)

Personal Swap Friendly!
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009 05:31:05 AM »

Thanks all, for your kind feedback. I showed this off to the guildmates and they all want one, not too hard. Especially since they are offering cookies and treats as payment. Cheesy

K the CraftyWitch -An embroidered one would be neat! I'd have to look into that, specially if its just the outline. Since some of the tabard designs can get intricate, specially the alliance lion one! Undecided

Alexus1325 -I'm pretty lucky our guild tabard hasn't changed much. Although if I do make more of these, I would be a little upset if it did afterward.

Ducky2010 -Thanks Ducky, I know they do appreciate it, hence the cookie payment. Grin But it was fairly easy and fun. Other wise, it wouldn't have taken less than 3 hours beginning to end. Tongue

DH plans on displaying this one or a horde one at this years Blizzcon. I'd be proud, but I'm usually the one covering my face when he's yelling out "FOR THE HORDE!" at these events. Embarrassed  Since I play both factions, I try and keep the peace, hard to convince hubby to do the same.
If anyone else does make one, I would love to see how nicely it turns out... I'll be scoping and waiting. Heheh. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Atheris
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009 12:20:59 AM »

I love it!!! I play Horde and LOVE WoW. Smiley What a great idea. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jo Biasi
www.camofish.com
camofishus.blogspot.com
Santa Rosa, CA
pup_p_love
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009 12:43:20 AM »

Very cool!! I know my hubby would love one (for his guild). Better hide this from him!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
unschoolme
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009 05:07:32 PM »

I'm looking for birthday ideas for a war of worldcraft fan and one looks simple enough to that I just may try it! Thanks for the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
metalpunkmonster
obsessive crocheter

Mmmmm... Yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009 09:19:11 AM »

ooooooooooooooooooooooooomg...  i NEED to make one of these!!!  my boyfriend and i LOVE wow and we're buying a house soon.  i am TOTALLY flying a guild banner in our yard!  i should do a horde one too...  our neighbors are gonna hate us...  Cheesy

you're a freaking genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make crafts and people. Also crafts for said people.
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009 10:05:25 AM »

While I was still playing I once attempted to make tabbards for my guildies irl. Though I couldn't afford material for over 100 of us. Banners would have been a much simpler idea. Well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...