A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,893
Currently Running With Scissors:
358 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroided Tote/Bag! ¤ ¤ GALLERY ::: Send out 07/11 ¤ ¤ EXTENDED 07/18  (Read 44833 times)
Tags for this thread: squirrel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2009 10:14:17 AM »

What a cute cardinal bag - awesome stitching! I'm going to finish my stitching today and start sewing it together. It's supposed to be 95 degrees today, which is almost too hot to do much of anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
ineedart
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2009 10:59:43 AM »

mindboggld: Be glad you don't have an IKEA nearby! You'd be picking up a lot more than fabric I bet! That place has temptation around every corner!!!

mamarose: Yep! Drive through delivery sounds about right. I went home 24 hours after I had my daughter, and that was the soonest they'd let me out. Hospitals drive me crazy, and then they come check your blood pressure and make sure you're breathing like every 15 minutes and it drives me nuts!!

arimethia: Did you get anything done with the blanket while you were in labor? I am so tempted to bring a project but I am not one for long labors (which is a good thing!) And I think after I have him I will be too distracted by a sweet baby face to do anything else. Can't wait!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2009 12:27:51 PM »

I got a little bit done on the blanket but then I stopped progressing so I spent the rest of the 21 hours I was there walking around and trying to sleep before the sent me home.

I hated being at the hospital during the long part of my labor, just when I would ALMOST get to sleep they'd come in and adjust all the monitors and mess with me. So frustrating. After my son was born though I loved it. (I was kind of afraid to go home because my husband and mom had to go back to work right away so I had no help waiting for me. So I took the extra day my doctor offered me to stay in the hospital. I had a really nice room that looked out on the hospital garden, I just remember those days with such fondness, it was like a dream.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sazzra

You have vampire in your cleavage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2009 12:10:49 PM »

I received mine today and I love it! The camera is charging so I'll get some pics up tomorrow, but thank you so much Glamis and yours will be posted Monday Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer swapping, so please ignore any expressions of interest in the Ideas thread

“Heavens defend me from that Welsh fairy, lest he transform me to a piece of cheese!”
LostInOz
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2009 12:38:43 PM »

The fill stitch on the cardinal is amazing... I'm pretty sure I'll never attempt fill stitch again!

Finished the bag tonight- all stitched, pressed, and captured on camera Smiley Starting on the extra something now... hoping to send Monday Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamarose22
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2009 12:41:44 PM »

I finished my "something extra" and packed everything up.  Hopefully I'll have time to bring it to the PO on Monday.  If I don't, I should be able to get it there on Tuesday. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2009 02:44:11 PM »

I just finished my stitching. Later today I'll start on sewing it up. My extra something shouldn't take long, maybe I'll do it before I start sewing. I have to take a break for BBQ ribs, coleslaw, baked beans and lemonade from a Mason jar first! It's too hot to BBQ, so we are heading to Papa's Soul Food Kitchen to let them do the cooking. Not health food, but definitely good for the soul.  Its a lazy lazy day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
mamarose22
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2009 02:50:59 PM »

I just finished my stitching. Later today I'll start on sewing it up. My extra something shouldn't take long, maybe I'll do it before I start sewing. I have to take a break for BBQ ribs, coleslaw, baked beans and lemonade from a Mason jar first! It's too hot to BBQ, so we are heading to Papa's Soul Food Kitchen to let them do the cooking. Not health food, but definitely good for the soul.  Its a lazy lazy day.
Sounds yummy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
PerachYafeh
C.A.D.©ing around...

Got crafts?YouGetFun!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2009 08:18:14 AM »

mindboggld: Be glad you don't have an IKEA nearby! You'd be picking up a lot more than fabric I bet! That place has temptation around every corner!!!

mamarose: Yep! Drive through delivery sounds about right. I went home 24 hours after I had my daughter, and that was the soonest they'd let me out. Hospitals drive me crazy, and then they come check your blood pressure and make sure you're breathing like every 15 minutes and it drives me nuts!!

arimethia: Did you get anything done with the blanket while you were in labor? I am so tempted to bring a project but I am not one for long labors (which is a good thing!) And I think after I have him I will be too distracted by a sweet baby face to do anything else. Can't wait!!

I agree!! Ikea is a temptation! Once you get forget about yur poor sad little list...YOU NEED EVRYTHING! HAHAH. Cheesy I was there to help my beloved -only - Guess waht? I came out witha glass top dinning table HAHAHA.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

How is everyone?!!! The sisterhood of embroided tote/bag!?
I hope you all had a happy 4th, and our other friends a great saturday! We are a week away from our send out date! YEap. Time went by pretty quick! You are all so much fun.
Please don't forget to send us the DC#, drop a little note after you received your pack and post pictures.....you really don't want to make us all anxius to see your good, ha?! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sazzra

You have vampire in your cleavage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2009 12:43:18 PM »

As promised, pictures of the goodies Glamis sent me:

The bag itself

Totally getting my Matryoshka obsession, yet in a kitty way!

closer view

And inside (as well as a cute pen I forgot to take pics of  Embarrassed)

What's inside the sugar skull, you may ask?

Why, of course, it's a

Sewing kit! Yay!

I couldn't get a good pic of the inside, but it's a gorgeous blue with 3 pockets (a phone one, a snap fastened one holding the sewing kit and a big zipped one) AND 3 pen loops!

I have major swap anxiety now, as I love this so much Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer swapping, so please ignore any expressions of interest in the Ideas thread

“Heavens defend me from that Welsh fairy, lest he transform me to a piece of cheese!”
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...