A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
167 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Socks and a wizard  (Read 1268 times)
Tags for this thread: socks , wizard , puppet , finger_puppet , pattern_link  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

rockon
« on: June 13, 2009 04:16:14 PM »

So I have this thing about starting projects and not finishing, especially if I have to knit a pair -- today in a mighty show of self-discipline, I, who really was inspired to make a gift for my cousin's 5 children (all under 7) by the post of knitted veges and food -- https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=308961.0 -- decided I needed to free up my #4 double points and instead of just ripping off the second sock (about 1/3 of the way done) and casting on a carrot, as I would have in my less-enlightened days ( Wink), I forced myself to finish the little pink acrylic sock.  Which was a pain in the you-know-what.  Especially since I was so impatient to get it off the needles that I messed up a couple times and had to frog Sad   So, not because these are perfect or cool or anything, but because they are evidence of my new leaf being turned, I present the socks (from this free pattern: http://www.valleycafe.com/knitting/sock-pattern.html) along with a little wizard finger puppet from a pattern out of Meg Leach's book that had been on the #2 double points forever that I finished up right after, so that I can really feel justified in casting on the carrot.

I am now going to cook supper for some hungry people and then begin carroting -- Thanks for listening to my ramble and  looking at my pics.

Rockon
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fusbdgt
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009 05:18:48 PM »

congrats on your follow through Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009 12:56:17 PM »

Yay for following through!!! I have so many half finished projects laying around. It's quite depressing at times. lol And it's a pain when all my needles are in use. Love the wizard!!! Uber cute Smiley My son is lowing Harry Potter right now. He'd love one. Once again congrats on finishing up some projects. I think I may be inspired Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockon
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009 05:58:37 PM »

Thanks!  And, with a drum roll, I present the carrot!

Rockon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies
Meatless Monday: Portobello Mushroom Lasagna

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...