A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
257 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 417373 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005 07:26:21 AM »

Vampire, is that a lotus flower?

Actually it's not, I did try looking at some flowers and tattoos of flowers but that wasn't working so I just made it up - it probably doesn't exist at all. I like the simplicity of your idea, maybe putting some kind of fade effect in the colour so it doesn't look too plonked on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005 07:27:34 AM »

Those violin lines look kickarse - if I played the violin or was really into it I think I'd definnitely want something like that. Pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
withananotane
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005 07:43:17 AM »

I'll have to scrounge through our old picture cd's to find a pic. But my tattoo is of three red monkeys from the game Barrel of Monkeys. They are smaller than actual size by maybe 25%?  and are in a chain down one side of my back (weenie spot I know)  it looks like an invisible hand is playing the game or something. I do wish that I had gotten it in a different location because I always forget that I have it and I only get to see it in a mirror.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005 10:07:41 AM by withananotane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

but my lips hurt real bad
twelvety
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005 02:14:04 AM »

I'll have to scrounge through our old picture cd's to find a pic. But my tattoo is of three red monkeys from the game Barrel of Monkeys. They are smaller than actual size by maybe 25%?  and are in a chain down one side of my back (weenie spot I know)  it looks like an invisible hand is playing the game or something. I do wish that I had gotten it in a different location because I always forget that I have it and I only get to see it in a mirror.
I have always wanted to get a tattoo of monkeys from "barrel of monkeys"!, I want mine to run down the outside of one of my calves, I figure they'll set off my varicose veins quite nicely  Grin
I am in the process of finding a tattooist to do what I want on my right arm, I want a whole sleeve of stripes, just plain black stripes, like I am wearing one sleeve of a stripey shirt. I have three so far on my upper arm and I am busting to get the rest done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
ultraviolet
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005 09:28:36 AM »

I wish I could draw. For my first (and so far, only) tattoo I brought the artist a couple of pictures of frogs, and basically said "I want this frog, but in this positions, etc" and she came up with a great design which looks about 10 times better than what I had pictured. I'm not terribly artistic Smiley

Now I want rats - I want a simple stylized picture of 3 rats, perhaps as an armband thingy. But my arms are pretty small and puny so they'd definitely have to be pretty dang small. Plus, I'm a librarian and I'm not sure how great it would be in the summer if I had to wear long sleeves to work (though this is a minor concern). I will probably mull it over for a few years before I actually do anything about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
shannon1981
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2005 01:05:19 AM »

I can't draw either so I'm having my husband help me design my second tattoo.  I want it to be on my foot kind of in henna style.  But I want the flowers to be more tribal style.  It will have forget-me-not flowers, the alaska state flower because that's where I'm from and I miss it sooooooooo much.  Here's some pics of the ideas.  I'll post more when hubby finishes my drawings

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009 01:12:28 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cabanird
Her Majesty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2005 02:16:01 AM »

if you want traditional henna patterns:

www.hennapage.com.

i have henna all over my legs now! Smiley good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.geocities.com/cabanird<br />Henna Rocks! Smiley
caseytrz
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2005 10:56:35 PM »

that violin woman picture is really, really cool. a lovely statement about the beauty of a curvacious woman.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A true friend stabs you in the front.  -Oscar Wilde
Sad.
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2005 08:23:18 AM »

I'm going to get a tattoo eventually (when I get over my fear of needles) and have the money.

I want the japanese symbol for 'spirit' on my lower back or this:

I just love the second one but doubt I'd ever be able to have the guts to have it done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
caseytrz
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2005 09:47:41 PM »

i have no plans of getting a tattoo, but for years i thought that if i ever did. i'd get the inscription on the one ring (i'm a big lord of the rings fan). isn't it lovely?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A true friend stabs you in the front.  -Oscar Wilde
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...