A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
264 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 419570 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
xpaperdollx
« Reply #610 on: February 14, 2007 11:07:30 AM »

as soon as some money I loaned out comes back to me, Ill be making an appointment with a local artist to malke some art on my boring ol' arm.

I have so many tattoo ideas, it gets me all worked up and anxious just thinking about it. haha. but the one idea thats stuck with me for the longest and will be my first tattoo is a gemini inspired peice.

I really like oddities and side shows and circus freaks and all that fun stuff. especially siamese twins.
so, what I want to get is siamese twins, sitting (doing something, I dont know what) and I want the image framed in an old looking frame.
I was thinking that the twins could be knitting. well, more like...one is knitting, the other has the yarn wrapped around her hands (I forget what thats called)...since thats pretty much what I do whenever I have free time, or my hands get fidgety.

this is the image that sparked my idea in the first place.

what I cant make my mind up about is....
1. do I want it framed? or would it look better as a circus poster? (both sound pretty cool)
2. should I have the twins knitting? or have them just sit there? or have them do soemthing else?
3. should the twins look alike? or should they be different? (geminis are known for split personalities!)

I also want the design to be abit like the traditional sailor tattoo styles.

any creative kids out there have any ideas for me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia
Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #611 on: February 14, 2007 11:33:51 AM »

Where are you getting it? I usually prefer unframed but framed could be cool as well. I really like the idea of them knitting. I think they should have simple faces like the picture. Maybe a little like you? Or your two sides?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
xfoxglove
« Reply #612 on: February 14, 2007 11:38:06 AM »

I love the siamese twins idea, especially if they're crafting!  I normally think things look nicer unframed, but this might be an exception.  Maybe once you see each option drawn up, you can get a  better idea.

Anyway, I hope you get this (and soon).  I'd love to see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/xfoxglove
xpaperdollx
« Reply #613 on: February 14, 2007 12:33:45 PM »

Where are you getting it? I usually prefer unframed but framed could be cool as well. I really like the idea of them knitting. I think they should have simple faces like the picture. Maybe a little like you? Or your two sides?

I want it on my upper arm towards the top where the shoulder rounds ........thats why Im thinking of having a frame around it. I dont want the girls floating around all willy-nilly on my arm. Wink
and a rounded frame, I think, would make the image more complete looking.
I like the idea of simple faces too.
I was thinking of having the girls as my two personality sides...but I wonder if thatd be too much detail? one girl extra prime and proper...the other all dishevelled and messy. haha.

I also cant decide if itd look better in full color, or kind of blacknwhite with a sepia tone.....
Oh the decisions!

I love the siamese twins idea, especially if they're crafting!  I normally think things look nicer unframed, but this might be an exception.  Maybe once you see each option drawn up, you can get a  better idea.

Anyway, I hope you get this (and soon).  I'd love to see it!

I hope Im able to get it soon too!
hopefully the tattoo artist will be able to tell me whatll work and wont. haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia
Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #614 on: February 14, 2007 01:58:19 PM »

I definately don't think the girls should be floating. Cheesy I was thinking a frame with color or something but not like an actual frame.
I love that spot, its beautiful (i have each side done) so I don't like the idea of a rectangular frame on such a round area. Maybe the artist can draw something that goes well with the shape of your body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
xpaperdollx
« Reply #615 on: February 16, 2007 10:05:09 AM »

oh no, definitely not! haha. a rectangular frame would just look weird. I was thinking of a round/oval frame to go along the curve of the shoulder.
I guess Ill just have to pick the tattoo artist's brain and see what he has to suggest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 17, 2007 05:09:03 AM »

Thank you for the ideas - Pinkmafia and april_cocaine!
I'm starting to think that maybe it's time for that sleeve I've been promising myself. I could fit ALL of the things I want, on a sleeve!

I just have a little question - the arm I want the sleeve on is reasonably badly scarred from being burned with boiling water when I was a very small baby. (It's grown with me, so it's pretty big now.  It's ugly, and I want to make it pretty). Anyway, the tattoo artist says it can be tattooed over, but the skin is quite sensitive (even after almost 35 years!) so I think it's going to hurt a lot. So - my question is: Am I nuts to consider getting this tattoo? Or am I being a big baby?

Also, my other tattoo is now 2 or 3 months old. I know you can't soak in the bath/go swimming etc for a few weeks, but is it ok now to go in a chlorinated pool? Should I slather it in vaseline?Huh Will it be ok? I love my ink and don't want to make it fade or anything.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!! xxx  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fabeins

Not all those who wander are lost

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 20, 2007 01:18:43 PM »

Anyone got a recommendation for a good Nashville tattoo artist?
I'm looking at getting an evenstar symbol with some shaded runes around it...  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #618 on: February 24, 2007 05:46:09 PM »

Once I'm 18, this is going on the back of my neck.

You see, I don't know if I'm obsessive compulsive or if I'm just into numbers because they're a comfort, because they are a constant and they make sense to me.
But 5 is my favorite number. I do most everything in multiples of fives. The volume on the TV or radio has to be a multiple of five, I apply my eyeshadow, blush, and other make-up in multiples of fives, I wash my hands in multiples of fives, I put food on my plate in multiples of fives [five scoops of peas/mashed potatoes, for instance]. The dice necklace I gave my boyfriend for valentine's day? I had to make sure that, when it was resting, the number 5 would be up. My obsession with the number five is so intense that my boyfriend's actually started getting all wound up in fives, as well.
Everything, 5.
So, this is very meaningful for me. It's my lucky number, it seems so perfect to me.

I don't know if I want to leave it like this or not. Although it's simplistic and gets my point across, I was thinking of adding things to it, like, well.. six is my absolute worst number ever. Bad things in my life? A six is associated. Like the most recent.
I got caught shoplifting a six-dollar thing of fake nails on 2-3-2007 [2x3=6], which is a Saturday, which is the sixth day of the week.
Catch my drift?
I was thinking of doing something with that, as well.

But I don't know, I'm tempted to leave it like that because I don't want a permanent six on my body, because, that's bad news, and because it's simplistic, so it won't take long and WON'T HURT. I'm a weenie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

slb2724
« Reply #619 on: February 24, 2007 06:44:54 PM »

Once I'm 18, this is going on the back of my neck.

You see, I don't know if I'm obsessive compulsive or if I'm just into numbers because they're a comfort, because they are a constant and they make sense to me.
But 5 is my favorite number. I do most everything in multiples of fives. The volume on the TV or radio has to be a multiple of five, I apply my eyeshadow, blush, and other make-up in multiples of fives, I wash my hands in multiples of fives, I put food on my plate in multiples of fives [five scoops of peas/mashed potatoes, for instance]. The dice necklace I gave my boyfriend for valentine's day? I had to make sure that, when it was resting, the number 5 would be up. My obsession with the number five is so intense that my boyfriend's actually started getting all wound up in fives, as well.
Everything, 5.
So, this is very meaningful for me. It's my lucky number, it seems so perfect to me.

I don't know if I want to leave it like this or not. Although it's simplistic and gets my point across, I was thinking of adding things to it, like, well.. six is my absolute worst number ever. Bad things in my life? A six is associated. Like the most recent.
I got caught shoplifting a six-dollar thing of fake nails on 2-3-2007 [2x3=6], which is a Saturday, which is the sixth day of the week.
Catch my drift?
I was thinking of doing something with that, as well.

But I don't know, I'm tempted to leave it like that because I don't want a permanent six on my body, because, that's bad news, and because it's simplistic, so it won't take long and WON'T HURT. I'm a weenie.
geez. 6 is a bad number for you! (though stealing is frowned upon, so its was understandably a bad thing in itself) i do like your tattoo idea. its so simple, and it does seem to suit you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...