A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
361 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 419173 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #620 on: February 24, 2007 10:29:27 PM »

Once I'm 18, this is going on the back of my neck.

You see, I don't know if I'm obsessive compulsive or if I'm just into numbers because they're a comfort, because they are a constant and they make sense to me.
But 5 is my favorite number. I do most everything in multiples of fives. The volume on the TV or radio has to be a multiple of five, I apply my eyeshadow, blush, and other make-up in multiples of fives, I wash my hands in multiples of fives, I put food on my plate in multiples of fives [five scoops of peas/mashed potatoes, for instance]. The dice necklace I gave my boyfriend for valentine's day? I had to make sure that, when it was resting, the number 5 would be up. My obsession with the number five is so intense that my boyfriend's actually started getting all wound up in fives, as well.
Everything, 5.
So, this is very meaningful for me. It's my lucky number, it seems so perfect to me.

I don't know if I want to leave it like this or not. Although it's simplistic and gets my point across, I was thinking of adding things to it, like, well.. six is my absolute worst number ever. Bad things in my life? A six is associated. Like the most recent.
I got caught shoplifting a six-dollar thing of fake nails on 2-3-2007 [2x3=6], which is a Saturday, which is the sixth day of the week.
Catch my drift?
I was thinking of doing something with that, as well.

But I don't know, I'm tempted to leave it like that because I don't want a permanent six on my body, because, that's bad news, and because it's simplistic, so it won't take long and WON'T HURT. I'm a weenie.
geez. 6 is a bad number for you! (though stealing is frowned upon, so its was understandably a bad thing in itself) i do like your tattoo idea. its so simple, and it does seem to suit you!
Lol, yeah, makes sense.

thanks <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweaterbrau
« Reply #621 on: February 24, 2007 10:32:16 PM »

I think the idea of the 5 is brilliant! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kidkoala
« Reply #622 on: February 24, 2007 10:42:51 PM »

Yeah I think the hatch marks instead of just the nuber 5 itself is a lot more creative and visually pleasing. Good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
                      -Woody Allen
Craftinator
« Reply #623 on: February 25, 2007 08:01:57 AM »

A comment and a suggestion -

When I first saw your design, I thought it was an "N" with two lines through it that looked like it could be an "H", like maybe those were your initials.  I think there's an easy fix to it, though:

Waddya think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wakeupdonnie
« Reply #624 on: February 25, 2007 10:15:40 AM »

A comment and a suggestion -

When I first saw your design, I thought it was an "N" with two lines through it that looked like it could be an "H", like maybe those were your initials.  I think there's an easy fix to it, though:

Waddya think?
Ooooh I liket hat better <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftinator
« Reply #625 on: February 25, 2007 11:26:25 AM »

Yay!  I'm glad you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #626 on: February 25, 2007 12:39:16 PM »

I think it'd look even better if the lines looked like brush strokes or crayon lines, so it isn't too straight and perfect. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 25, 2007 02:44:51 PM »

That is a great idea! It totally suits you Smiley

Weird with the number 6...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
starlight1221
« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2007 04:57:09 PM »

I've got a question.  Are there different shades of black tattoo ink?

I've got what I want drawn up (not scanned, sorry), and I want it outlined in black, but filled in in parts with a lighter (duller?) black.  It's a small zebra lying down, so it's pretty important that the outlining stand out otherwise it'll just look like a glob of lines...I've thought about just doing a thicker outline than the lines inside, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katies1969

Where's Cana and why wasn't I invited?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2007 06:01:03 PM »

A good artist can totally shade things in different hues (shades) not sure which is the correct term - but a friend of mine had a beautiful dragon morphing into a lion done all in just black and then shaded it in.  It's gorgeous, so I know that shades of black/grey are all possible.  Explain in great detail to your artist what you want and I'm sure they can do what you are looking for.  Have fun!  Katie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is pain, Your Highness,  anyone who tells you different is selling something."

"There are just some things a monkey can't explain to a weiner dog." CG

I Have a Wist - http://www.wists.com/katies1969/

http://www.katies1969.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...