A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,840
Currently Running With Scissors:
204 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 419794 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Red Paint

I think it's broken.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #600 on: February 09, 2007 04:40:23 PM »

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of a bookworm!  but have had trouble finding a good drawing of one...

does anyone have a drawing of one?  Thanks

Does google image search have anything close to what you're thinking?  Even if you can find something close (but not quite what you want), that would be a good starting place -- I'd suggest taking the pic to a tattoo artist and explaining what you want (the pic would at least give you something to start from).  Sounds like a very cute idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlight1221
« Reply #601 on: February 09, 2007 08:25:13 PM »

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo of a My Little Pony (except not - hard to explain), and I've got a question I hope you guys can help me with.

I'm sure you've all seen a my little pony cartoon.  How small do you think an artist would be able to make it?  I wouldn't want it to be more than 3x3 inches because of where I want it (just above my ankle on the side - I don't want it wrapping around my leg at all). 

I want to know so I don't start putting a lot of work into something that can't be what I want it to be.  Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dirtyprettythings
beauty is more vibrant when found pressed in the mud

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 09, 2007 08:54:14 PM »

RiRa- yeah that's what i was thinking. bigger is probably better! thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what is your inspiration?
PinFish
« Reply #603 on: February 12, 2007 03:58:51 PM »

Hi everyone-
I don't have any tattoos at the moment, because I've never been able to afford one Sad but there are several that I have wanted for a long time.
However, for my birthday this year (my 21st) I've asked all of my friends for money so that I'll be able to get a tattoo commemorating my recent trip to Southeast Asia. The trip was for school and was focused on the archaeology of the region (I'm an archeo major and total geek) The central motif of the tattoo will be this:

it's a compass in the shape of a lotus flower, and it's a common theme in the ancient ruins of the Khmer civilization. Both compasses and lotuses have always been important to me. In the center of the compass will be a more realistic purple lotus flower, and coming out from under the compass will be more western style compass points. I'm planning on getting the whole deal on my bicep, so that I can see it easily.
I have two questions.
Anyone in the Twin Cities area of MN have recommendations for tattoo artists? I got my nose pierced at Fluid Ink and they seemed really good, but I've also seen the portfolio of a guy at Visual Addiction and his stuff looked awesome. But I know nothing about tattoos, so any input is welcome.
Also, if I get a bicep tattoo and then lose weight, will this affect the look of the tattoo? Because that would really suck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: February 12, 2007 04:12:44 PM »

Here's my twin-stars tattoo I'm eventually getting.

I've known I wanted a star tattoo since I was six or seven (I'm 19 now), but the second star and the dotty integral sign are recent additions.

I'm either getting it on the front of my right hip or the back of my left one.. haven't quite decided yet.  So I guess I'll wait a little longer....

Anyway, here's the pic:

The stars are supposed to be a bit uneven, like they were drawn on haphazardly.  It's a homage to the fact that I was a little kid when I decided to get the tattoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
ehmalee
« Reply #605 on: February 12, 2007 05:51:38 PM »

I have a few years before I get my tattoo. I'm going to wait until I finish medical school as the nature of my tattoo will be both semi religious and partially medical..

I practice Buddhism and I am looking to get blue Buddha head with the mantra around it.. Both my mom and dad are involved in the Medicine field and I'm planning on going into it.

http://www.kadampa.ca/test2/images/Medicine-Buddha.jpg

And maybe a twist on the classic rosary around the ankle with Mala beads instead..

http://www.crystallotusjewelry.com/images/285_jade_prayer_beads-thumb.jpg

I'm half way through my High School career so I have a few years..

Whatcha think?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011 09:39:57 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please do not hotlink images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 13, 2007 12:59:40 AM »

Due to some stressful stuff over the last few months, I think I'm ready for my next tattoo. I'm thinking an anchor (for hope), on my right foot. Maybe with 4 smallish stars around it.

I think I want a colourful anchor (blue, red and yellow), but I also like ones a lot that are just outlines. Hmmm.

Also, (and this is my question really) - I'm not sure if I should just get the anchor, or have it combined with somethings else, ie An anchor sat in a lucky horseshoe, or anchor with a ship's wheel? Or an anchor with a banner across it, with words, although I don't have any specific, nice words. Maybe "hope" or "lucky". (I asked my husband if he would have a think about some words that would be appropriate for a tattoo for me, as he knows me so well, and he came back with "Rudderless Hippie" - I'm not going to go with that suggestion).

There are so many things I'd like to have tattooed - including all of the things mentioned above, plus a diamond, a pin up girl, a ship at sail, a cat... I'm still letting ideas work themselves together in my mind with a view to a sleeve, but that's definately for the future!

Any ideas gratefully appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #607 on: February 13, 2007 03:26:44 PM »

ehmalee - i love the idea for your tattoo. i bet it will be beautiful when's it done!

kinkyknit - personally i like the idea of an anchor with a banner across is would be lovely. although, what goes in the banner would always be tricky!

i've got my tattoo (a ful right sleeve) all planned out, and i had the first part done a year ago.
i was wondering if any of you know anyone who does would take my crappy drawing, and make it pretty?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia
Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #608 on: February 13, 2007 03:34:31 PM »

Due to some stressful stuff over the last few months, I think I'm ready for my next tattoo. I'm thinking an anchor (for hope), on my right foot. Maybe with 4 smallish stars around it.

I think I want a colourful anchor (blue, red and yellow), but I also like ones a lot that are just outlines. Hmmm.

Also, (and this is my question really) - I'm not sure if I should just get the anchor, or have it combined with somethings else, ie An anchor sat in a lucky horseshoe, or anchor with a ship's wheel? Or an anchor with a banner across it, with words, although I don't have any specific, nice words. Maybe "hope" or "lucky". (I asked my husband if he would have a think about some words that would be appropriate for a tattoo for me, as he knows me so well, and he came back with "Rudderless Hippie" - I'm not going to go with that suggestion).

There are so many things I'd like to have tattooed - including all of the things mentioned above, plus a diamond, a pin up girl, a ship at sail, a cat... I'm still letting ideas work themselves together in my mind with a view to a sleeve, but that's definately for the future!

Any ideas gratefully appreciated!

My friend has an anchor on her wrist. Its Japanese influenced with a mermaid holding it and the japanes thick blackness around it.

I like the idea of a pin up (naked) and the anchor over her covering the goods. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #609 on: February 14, 2007 10:40:30 AM »

i've got my tattoo (a ful right sleeve) all planned out, and i had the first part done a year ago.
i was wondering if any of you know anyone who does would take my crappy drawing, and make it pretty?

My suggestionw ould be to take it into the artist of your choice. They'll re-work it into something that will be beautiful. If they won't then it's not an artist you want to see anyways, since it's part of their job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...