A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
271 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 419755 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
dancedupapillon
« Reply #1230 on: July 21, 2010 10:09:22 PM »

Farnsworth, I think dark brown would also go with everything and it would be really pretty and more organic than either black or indigo.

My final idea for my eventual tattoo is a recreation of the ladybug my grandma embroidered onto my confirmation dress. She passed away last year at the age of 98 after teaching me all I know craftwise and giving me the best example of love. 
I would like it about two inches in diameter on my left calf, which is about where it was on the skirt of my dress.  If I can find the dress, I'll post a picture, or I'll try to re-create it myself Smiley  Has anyone had any experience with tattoos that look like embroidery?  I saw a beautiful example somewhere on the net, but I don't think it's very common practice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1231 on: July 22, 2010 01:20:33 PM »

I posted this idea a while ago, but I just finished the actual design today. I decided to make it look kind of old school with a banner and traditional tattoo style lettering. I'm planning on putting it on the right side of my chest. Eventually I may put a kitten to mirror it on the other side (Shy Little Kitten, maybe). Now I just need to decide on the banner color and then actually accumulate the money to pay for it!
Here's the Poky Little Puppy with a pink banner:

And with a purple banner:

Any other color suggestions? I also tried green, but it was too... St. Patrick's Day. Also any shading/highlighting suggestions would be welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Farnsworth
« Reply #1232 on: July 22, 2010 11:12:05 PM »

I remember that cute puppy! I really like the design you ended up with. I personally would vote for the pink banner, I think it goes with the strawberry better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have joined the world of foodblogging! Check it out: http://freethoseradicals.blogspot.com/
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1233 on: July 23, 2010 12:15:19 AM »

ZOMG that Poky Little Puppy looks like my newest addition to my furry kids. I think a tatt in that theme and the purple color would be very neat! Pictures when/if it's done.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #1234 on: July 23, 2010 06:04:11 AM »

The reason I can't decide between banners is that I like the warmer pink with the strawberry and the brown of the puppy's spots, but purple is my favorite color, and also the color commonly used for animal rescue awareness.  Undecided No rush, though, I have time to think about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sinners' Feast
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #1235 on: July 25, 2010 01:27:45 PM »

Ah, that Poky is cute. I prefer the pink myself, even though I'm not usually a pink person!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So sad to see Craftster go!

Check me out at:
@jessicapeter1 (Twitter and Instagram)
http://pinterest.com/psyche13
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1236 on: July 26, 2010 01:45:47 AM »

The reason I can't decide between banners is that I like the warmer pink with the strawberry and the brown of the puppy's spots, but purple is my favorite color, and also the color commonly used for animal rescue awareness.  Undecided No rush, though, I have time to think about it.

What if you used both the pink and purple? Pink can be the main color, and the purple can be shading? I do agree, the pink looks better with the puppy, and strawberry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #1237 on: July 26, 2010 06:30:33 AM »

What if you used both the pink and purple? Pink can be the main color, and the purple can be shading? I do agree, the pink looks better with the puppy, and strawberry.

That's an intriguing idea; I think I'll throw it into Gimp and see how it looks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sinners' Feast
QueenbHorrorQueen
« Reply #1238 on: July 29, 2010 08:15:28 PM »

I envy you guys that can design you're own tats from scratch! Currently I have five of my own: A Vincent Price portrait on my upper arm, a bat above Vincent, a spider coming down a thread on the back of my neck, Bettie Page posing pretty on my back, and a rose that I always forget about chilling out on my hip. I would love to add a Beetlejuice tattoo, but not a portrait. There are a lot of interesting elements I can choose from, but right now I'm fresh out of ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitsune-Tearz
« Reply #1239 on: August 11, 2010 11:08:54 AM »

just an update, Have been down to the shop, and talked with the artist and he cleaned up my image, the only change to this will likely be, Mama Bear, in place of Mama....
any comments or criticism would be welcome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...