A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
264 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nosferatu  (Read 4964 times)
Tags for this thread: amigurumi , nosferatu , dracula  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftybozo
« on: June 02, 2009 08:41:13 AM »

Here is the third Creepy Crochet Creatures I have made which were taken from a pattern in the book "Creepy Cute Crochet" by Christen Haden. The patterns can sometimes be a little challenging to navigate, so I would recommend them to more advanced folks. They crochet up pretty quickly and make great gifts for goth friends and Twilight fans.  Cheesy   Enjoy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyBozo
Knot all there

Muh muh muh muh McCoy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009 09:18:58 AM »

Awwwwwww
Those are SO Cute!

I am so jealous of all the crafty Crocheters, I wish I could achieve all these lovely bits of AWESOME!
My mate is obsessed with both crocheting and Twilight so I shall definately show her these!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mouseatethekitty
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009 09:19:33 AM »

I was trying to figure out why you named it Nosferatu, because I looked at the picture and I immediately thought of Big Boo from Mario! Haha, but now I totally get it, vampire. Anyway, these look nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaundryBunny
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009 09:26:12 AM »

Yay I love that book!
He looks great.
I'm actually going to make something from it today for my friend's birthday.  She's goth at heart  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftybozo
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009 10:21:25 AM »

Thanks gang for all the nice compliments!! Now let's see....what can I make next?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyBozo
SnarkyShark
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009 12:36:09 PM »

That is so cute! =D
Ironically, I bought the very same book yesterday :]
I tried making the ninja... It came out more penguin-esque XD
I also attempted the devil, but on row five of the head I still had 17 stitches and I couldn't figure out why...

If you have any suggestions, please help. Cheesy

You have to make the amazon chick XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftybozo
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009 03:48:35 PM »

Yeah, the amazon chick looks fun! Maybe she'll be next. Actually, I ran into a similar problem with all of the patterns. I ended up with more or less stitches than I was supposed to have. I think it might have something to do with sc in the same space at the beginning of a row, but I'm not sure. I just make up for it by inc or dec to get the number of sts I needed. In order to plan it out, I made sure to count each st as I made it. Making up for lost or gained sts didn't seem to hurt the figure too much. :0) Hope this helped! and good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyBozo
SnarkyShark
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009 12:32:39 PM »

Yeah, the amazon chick looks fun! Maybe she'll be next. Actually, I ran into a similar problem with all of the patterns. I ended up with more or less stitches than I was supposed to have. I think it might have something to do with sc in the same space at the beginning of a row, but I'm not sure. I just make up for it by inc or dec to get the number of sts I needed. In order to plan it out, I made sure to count each st as I made it. Making up for lost or gained sts didn't seem to hurt the figure too much. :0) Hope this helped! and good luck!

Ahh it does help! I had the same problem actually, not being sure which stitch to start on... but somehow I kept coming out with the correct number at the end of the row anyway. I was afraid increasing too much where it wasn't called for might throw off the end result, but if you think it doesn't affect too much, I'll give it another go :3 I think it's just the stitches around the devil's horns that confused me.

Didn't mean to type so much xD

Thanks for your help. If I get it done I'll post a picture. =P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chiscrochetcrazy

New Ami Patterns in the shop

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009 12:45:59 PM »

What cute creepy creatures !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alorarox
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009 06:40:07 PM »

awwwwwwww!!!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Awesome , awsome , awesome

I'll swap for Jack Skellington items or crafts .......
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...