A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 314,851
Currently Running With Scissors:
276 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: American Apparel Le Sac dress WITH TUTORIAL! [photo obese, 12 LARGE picutres]  (Read 67930 times)
Tags for this thread: party_dress , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2009 06:25:19 PM »

grrrr.....mine is 3/4 done and my sewing machine quit on me!

I swear I have the worst luck with machines...this is my fifth one thus far (I've owned machines since I was about 18 - 9 years) My vintage singer was a beauty, but not worth placing the one plastic gear every month (pricey)
My brother (X-mas gift) needs a timing fix, and I haven't been able to afford it, and now my NEW singer needs a timing fix too! (all machines prior to these three were CRAP)

I'm just using a plain black mystery fabric I got for pennies at a garage sale, but I'm sprucing it up with hot pink ribbon Smiley The fabric feels like a rayon/poly blend with a little something else in (not sure - maybe viscose?) and a slight crinkle to it.
I WAS making it to go to the bar for my birthday, but didn't get it finished in time, so ended up wearing another dress I made the week prior that was in an almost complete state (call me lazy - I HATE buttonholes)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dawnk76
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2009 01:08:11 PM »

I made this dress last night and I have a potentially stupid question.....when you wear it as a strapless dress with the band around you waist, do you have openings under your arms? I don't know if I left the slits open too much or if I am doing it wrong, but i have openings at the sides under my arms.

Thanks so much for putting this tutorial together!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Baddscorpio
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2009 02:54:37 PM »

and more detailed instructions here: http://bspoetry.blogspot.com/2008/07/le-sac-dress.html

I will be making a couple of these, some shirts too.

I was looking at picture 1, without my glasses on mind you , and I was like, "Oh my god, she's showing her..........oh."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annaloves
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2009 08:51:57 PM »

I made this dress last night and I have a potentially stupid question.....when you wear it as a strapless dress with the band around you waist, do you have openings under your arms? I don't know if I left the slits open too much or if I am doing it wrong, but i have openings at the sides under my arms.

Thanks so much for putting this tutorial together!!

i put the slits so that there is one in the front and one in the back, and it takes a fair amount of adjusting before i get it holeless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
briony84
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2009 02:04:34 PM »

this is awesome! have been traveling for the last year so managed to miss the american apparel version but now i've seen it i need one! has definitely motivated me to get out the sewing machine asap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silence.est.harmony
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2009 08:27:19 AM »

wow i'm excited to try this!  i had to follow about 4 links to get here, lol. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stephi <3

http://craftyelements.blogspot.com/

http://handmadehoney.etsy.com/
---------
"cats always land on their feet, and buttered toast always lands butter side down.  what happens if you strap buttered bread to the back of a cat?  perpetual levitation device?"
Riechan

Flowers in full bloom do not last forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2010 01:51:44 PM »

thankyou!!
It looks lovely when someone is wearing it!
I have some trouble understanding the instructions but I'm half asleep so that's just me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog about crafts and photography
My Facebook and Etsyshop
IG
I really want to start making fairy jars!!!!!
Rebeccalynnis

who will love a little sparrow?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2010 04:33:28 PM »

ohh! thank you so much for this tutorial! i've been wanting to make this dress for such a long time, but could never really figure out if it was one slit or two... or how the strings worked. i knew it was basically an overpriced square of fabric with a casing hem. but that was it. this clears it up marvelously! hopefully tomorrow i can finally unpack my machine and boxes of fabric so i can make this. Perfect for summer coming up!
good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~raeblossom.etsy.com~*~      ~*~twitter~*~      ~*~FBfanpage~*~
H A N D M A D E . E C O - F R I E N D L Y . F A S H I O N . & . A C C E S S O R I E S
amdragonfly123
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2010 08:24:43 PM »

This was such a great tutorial. I'm super excited about my new dress!

I've linked this to my tumblog, sewcrazy.tumblr.com. Thanks, again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Molasses Candy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Elf on a Shelf Tutu
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Recycled Sweater Quilt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...