A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
146 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 47 - DONE  (Read 49142 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009 05:52:51 PM »

I claim aeronberry for a few wisty surprises.

this my first claim.  0 sent, 0 received.

My name is Robin and I live in Oregon.  I am married to Phil, a fantastic cook who spoils me with delicious meals.  We have a one year old daughter named Aria who is the most rambunctious and curious little child that I know.  I am a feminist who is trying to raise my daughter to be anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobicanything (surprises are nice) that supports these ideas will be greatly loved.

I am a wee bit eccentric when it comes to my likes and dislikes.  I am all over the board, I like whimsical, edgy, bohemian, steampunk, pretty, bold, soft, hardI wear a lot of black and grey, but Ive been cautiously branching out into the wondrous color wheel lately.  Heh.  I love fun color combinations like orange and turquoise.  I do not like neon or Easter egg pastel colors.  I prefer rich, deep jewel tones the best.  I like images of dandelions, squirrels, birds, leaves, and trees, but I also really like skulls (not cutesy ones just plain ole skulls or even a tad more colorful like the skulls of Da de los Muertos), anatomy, skeletons (especially of birds and other non-human creatures), and old locomotives.  You can check out my wist to get a better idea of what I like. 

Some of my wishes (BIG wishes in bold)Wisty surprises are absolutely welcome!!!

CRAFTS

Knitted crafts

*knitted handwarmers (no idea what measurements are needed herePM meI do have fairly small hands though for my height, wrist size 6 inches)

*Cute knitted, felted, or amigurumi toys for Aria (we like odd toys best, she has a collection of odd stuffed animals)

*crocheted play food (she has carrots, a pear, and strawberries already courtesy of Teaching Jonah)

Sewn crafts

*a cute pin cushion

*a cute thread catcher

*a wristlet in pretty but durable fabric (*sigh* I need something to hold my wallet, keys, phone, and lip glossIm tired of using whatever plastic grocery bag I can find)

*lounge pants in cotton or fleece (size M 8-10, I wear M in Target brands if that helps)

*hoodie for me in size M/L with cool appliqu or screen printI have a thing about red hoodies...just saying.  (I like my hoodie to fit loose so probably best to stay away from the juniors aisle, I have been blessed with ample hips, breasts, and tummy all courtesy of genes and motherhood)

*felt food for Aria like this https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=222947.0 (she has eggs and a few cookies already courtesy of TeachingJonah)

*appliqud or screen printed tees, tunics, or dresses for Aria (she weighs about 23 lbs and is 30 inches tall so maybe 18 month, maybe 24 months if you want to give her something to grow into)

*Dolls for Aria (We would love dolls from various ethnic backgroundsAfrican American, Asian, Latino, etcthe world is a colorful place so should her play world beWe received a lovely African American doll from TeachingJonah in COWS, Aria LOVES the dolly!)

*Stuffies (again, we like odd, whimsical, fun...and most of all cuddly!)

*Hooded baby/toddler towels

*Embellished bath towels

Misc or multi-media crafts

*jewelry that is edgy (I love the look of steampunk) like this http://images.etsy.com/all_images/0/0a1/fbd/il_fullxfull.19832902.jpg or bohemian like this http://www.shreejigems.com/full-images/676417.jpg.  (Oh I am not fond of chokersI hate the feelingI would probably be fine though it if its made entirely of fabric and has give)

*I also love wide cuffs (leather or metal or even fabric) like this http://www.handmadefinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/cuff.jpg or this http://www.timelyjewels.com/cb140full.JPG or this http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2091/1517196417_30011118ed.jpg
(I could do without the spider web; I think this would look cute in jewel tone colors in a pretty print or even black with a skull; also I love all metals especially when its looks worn and old; wrist size is 6 inches)

*Candles, LOVE vanilla and baked goodies smells, also love lavender and lemongrass, the only smells not overly fond of are patchouli and super strong flowery scents.

*neat-o decorated coffee mugs, either hand sculpted or a plain ones embellished with one of those pens like this https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284893.0;topicseen but maybe with more whimsical designs like birds, trees, dandelions and whatnot (I have only three coffee mugs at home2 of which have chips in themso sad)

*Pretty smelling soap (see above under candles for scent preferences)

*Artwork for my home (trees, birds, dandelions, interesting, not of this world landscapes, my daughterthese are all good subjects, PM if you want a photo of my daughter or see my profile for her totsites.com pagetons of photos there.)

*An accordion file organizer (you know like the cardboard kinds) decorated all pretty and awaiting my many and disorganized patterns that are laying about the house

SUPPLIES
(PsSt...I dont mind used supplies in the least as long as there is enough to still play around with and have a bit of fun!)

*Vinyl in a variety of colors, scraps and strips are fine as long as theyre not teeny tiny

*Bright and colorful buttons (mostly round but a few fun shapes are great too, dont have to be matching)

*ultra-fine, fine, and thick sharpies in black and fun colors

*Old skeleton keys, small interesting metal gears and doodads

*jewelry findings in gunmetal, brass, and copper (chains and clasps especially!!)

*100% white cotton (at least 8 by 10)

*Cold water dyes in variety of colors (brand doesnt matter)

*Blocks of Beeswax and Paraffin waxes

EXTRAS

*old maps especially of cities outside USA
*transportation tickets, tokens, what have you especially if from cities outside USA
*Tea
*Candy or food (that travels well) unique to your region (Im fairly adventurous)

Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009 06:02:37 PM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009 06:41:31 PM »

I claim rlynn for some Steampunk goodness.

This is my 2nd claim, 0 sent, 0 recieved.

Hi! I'm Roxanne and I love craftsters!! I have a hubby and a daughter Lana who will be 5 in June.  Go Geminis!!!  I am an avid beader, feltie and stuffies maker, and all around dabbler.  I'm in Maryland, USA!!
Things I love: fun things, Japanese things, Totoro, fun, happy colors, mod/retro designs.  Smiley

Crafts:

- handmade soap...not melt and pour please since that's the kind I make. Smiley

- pillowcase dress.  All cotton please.  Lana is addicted to the one she received from Frosty in the last round.  I think we need another.  Smiley

- Embroidered tee size 8 kids: We got Totoro, but we'd love some other fun embroidered goodies. Thanks Missmuffcake!!

- stencil tee size 8 kids Thanks rlynn

- crocheted rainbow scarf for my sis and for Lana...each can be claimed separately.  Smiley

- skull socks. BIG WISH! I would love these...or something just plain, but with the skulls.  I wear a size 7.5 shoe.  
http://www.craftydiversions.com/patterns/buccaneers%20booty.htm

- skull hat. You know the one with the tiny skulls all around.

- hansigurumi octopus amigurumi I also have a few patterns of things that I love and could provide you with.

- crocheted sea critters see https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=161851.msg1757300;topicseen#msg1757300 for examples

- toys/dollies like on my wist...but no pies please. Smiley It would be cool to have a dolly with brown hair and eyes like Lana. http://www.wists.com/atsuko

- felt beads

- polymer clay cupcakes to make into pendants

- resin pendants, anything cute that you'd like to make for my daughter

- crocheted/knitted scarf for Lana's teachers...she has 7 teachers next year and these would make great Christmas gifts.  BIG WISH!

- yarn that you dyed yourself...rainbow would be fun

Craft Supplies:

- polymer clay

- natural stone beads 8mm for nestlaces

- chip beads for Tree of Life Pendants

- plain roving that I can dye

- roving in bright colors for spinning or needle felting

- an adjustable pen style needle felting tool from Clover (check ebay under clover felting tool).  It's pink!

- silver or copper jump rings for chainmaille work; 4mm, 6mm would be perfect

- This wonderful book
Amigurumi Two!: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/156477922X/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

I collect crochet toy books and Japanese felt and beading books and would appreciate any that you'd like to share with me. Used is great!!

- fun vintage bedsheet of Rainbow Brite or Superfriends to make a dress from

- felting book how to make animals

- rubber/clear stamps: Alice in Wonderland would be esp. awesome, robots too.

- vintage/old keys

- Diamond glaze

- a bias tape maker

- colorful buttons

- lucite flower beads that are stackable BIG WISH!

- blue and green colors in regular Kool Aid and any strange/unique colors including Mexican Kool Aid

- 2 yards of any nice fabrics for a dress

- Japanese print fabrics

- sterling silver wire

My wist is here: http://www.wists.com/atsuko

Extras:

- leftover beads or broken jewelry that I can remake into something awesome

- copies of patterns (simple sewing bags, crochet animals, beading) that you want to share.  Smiley

Thank you for choosing me!!  I'm sure I'll love what you are making me!!
Have a great day everyone!!

Thanks again Missmuffcake and rlynn!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009 07:40:24 PM by atsuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009 04:04:04 PM »

I claim atsuko for a stenciled size 8 tee.

this my second claim, 0 sent, 0 received. 

My name is Robin and I live in Oregon.  I am married to Phil, a fantastic cook who spoils me with delicious meals.  We have a one year old daughter named Aria who is the most rambunctious and curious little child that I know.  I am a feminist who is trying to raise my daughter to be anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobicanything (surprises are nice) that supports these ideas will be greatly loved.

I am a wee bit eccentric when it comes to my likes and dislikes.  I am all over the board, I like whimsical, edgy, bohemian, steampunk, pretty, bold, soft, hardI wear a lot of black and grey, but Ive been cautiously branching out into the wondrous color wheel lately.  Heh.  I love fun color combinations like orange and turquoise.  I do not like neon or Easter egg pastel colors.  I prefer rich, deep jewel tones the best.  I like images of dandelions, squirrels, birds, leaves, and trees, but I also really like skulls (not cutesy ones just plain ole skulls or even a tad more colorful like the skulls of Da de los Muertos), anatomy, skeletons (especially of birds and other non-human creatures), and old locomotives.  You can check out my wist to get a better idea of what I like.

Some of my wishes (BIG wishes in bold)Wisty surprises are absolutely welcome!!!

CRAFTS

Knitted crafts

*knitted handwarmers (no idea what measurements are needed herePM meI do have fairly small hands though for my height, wrist size 6 inches)

*Cute knitted, felted, or amigurumi toys for Aria (we like odd toys best, she has a collection of odd stuffed animals)

*crocheted play food (she has carrots, a pear, and strawberries already courtesy of Teaching Jonah)

Sewn crafts

*a cute pin cushion

*a cute thread catcher

*a wristlet in pretty but durable fabric (*sigh* I need something to hold my wallet, keys, phone, and lip glossIm tired of using whatever plastic grocery bag I can find)

*lounge pants in cotton or fleece (size M 8-10, I wear M in Target brands if that helps)

*hoodie for me in size M/L with cool appliqu or screen printI have a thing about red hoodies...just saying.  (I like my hoodie to fit loose so probably best to stay away from the juniors aisle, I have been blessed with ample hips, breasts, and tummy all courtesy of genes and motherhood)

*felt food for Aria like this https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=222947.0 (she has eggs and a few cookies already courtesy of TeachingJonah)

*appliqud or screen printed tees, tunics, or dresses for Aria (she weighs about 23 lbs and is 30 inches tall so maybe 18 month, maybe 24 months if you want to give her something to grow into)

*Dolls for Aria (We would love dolls from various ethnic backgroundsAfrican American, Asian, Latino, etcthe world is a colorful place so should her play world beWe received a lovely African American doll from TeachingJonah in COWS, Aria LOVES the dolly!)

*Stuffies (again, we like odd, whimsical, fun...and most of all cuddly!)

*Hooded baby/toddler towels

*Embellished bath towels

Misc or multi-media crafts

*jewelry that is edgy (I love the look of steampunk) like this http://images.etsy.com/all_images/0/0a1/fbd/il_fullxfull.19832902.jpg or bohemian like this http://www.shreejigems.com/full-images/676417.jpg.  (Oh I am not fond of chokersI hate the feelingI would probably be fine though it if its made entirely of fabric and has give)  Thanks Atsuko!

*I also love wide cuffs (leather or metal or even fabric) like this http://www.handmadefinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/cuff.jpg or this http://www.timelyjewels.com/cb140full.JPG or this http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2091/1517196417_30011118ed.jpg
(I could do without the spider web; I think this would look cute in jewel tone colors in a pretty print or even black with a skull; also I love all metals especially when its looks worn and old; wrist size is 6 inches)

*Candles, LOVE vanilla and baked goodies smells, also love lavender and lemongrass, the only smells not overly fond of are patchouli and super strong flowery scents.

*neat-o decorated coffee mugs, either hand sculpted or a plain ones embellished with one of those pens like this https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284893.0;topicseen but maybe with more whimsical designs like birds, trees, dandelions and whatnot (I have only three coffee mugs at home2 of which have chips in themso sad)

*Pretty smelling soap (see above under candles for scent preferences)

*Artwork for my home (trees, birds, dandelions, interesting, not of this world landscapes, my daughterthese are all good subjects, PM if you want a photo of my daughter or see my profile for her totsites.com pagetons of photos there.)

*An accordion file organizer (you know like the cardboard kinds) decorated all pretty and awaiting my many and disorganized patterns that are laying about the house

SUPPLIES
(PsSt...I dont mind used supplies in the least as long as there is enough to still play around with and have a bit of fun!)

*Vinyl in a variety of colors, scraps and strips are fine as long as theyre not teeny tiny

*Bright and colorful buttons (mostly round but a few fun shapes are great too, dont have to be matching)

*ultra-fine, fine, and thick sharpies in black and fun colors

*Old skeleton keys, small interesting metal gears and doodads

*jewelry findings in gunmetal, brass, and copper (chains and clasps especially!!)

*100% white cotton (at least 8 by 10)

*Cold water dyes in variety of colors (brand doesnt matter)

*Blocks of Beeswax and Paraffin waxes

EXTRAS

*old maps especially of cities outside USA
*transportation tickets, tokens, what have you especially if from cities outside USA
*Tea
*Candy or food (that travels well) unique to your region (Im fairly adventurous)

Thank you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009 05:36:34 PM »

I claim rlynn for some crochet or felt playfood

Claim 1, 0 sent, 0 received.
About me:

My name is Leigh-Ann, and Im a 23 year old single mommy to my very sweet and wonderful 22 month old son, Levi.  We live in Florida with my family and dog and love anything to do with the beach.  We try hard to live a green lifestyle.

Likes: bright colors,  ocean colors, anything to do with the beach, ocean, dolphins, sea turtles etc.  Things that smell yummy.  Environmentally friendly stuff.  (I dont mind recycled stuff, esp for supplies!)  Anything for my toddler.  

Dislikes: Anything that isnt vegetarian.  Anything that smells um like my grandma.  Pastel colors.  Anything that a toddler will ruin.  Not a fan of plastic stuff either

Crafted things:

Bath fizzys, wax tarts for tart warmer, anything to make my room smell nice, lip balm, body spray anything that smells good!  I like food smells, fruit smells (except for strawberry and watermelon), anything tropical or clean smelling.

Storage things anything to help organize my craft room or my sons stuff, something to keep cloth wipes in that fits on the back of the toilet
Something to keep the sewing machine from sliding all over the table

Clothes for me would love some summer tops, dresses, skirts, embellished t-shirts, pjs whatever!  I wear an XS, S or 0-3.  
Clothes for my son, he wears 18month now, but I would prefer a little bigger so it will last longer!   would love a b-day outfit or shirt for him, pjs, underwear, hats, shoes, embellished shirts (something fun to wear to the zoo or seaworld, tye-dye, batik, vegetarian advocacy, extended rear facing advocacy, intactivist advocacy, something with sharks or fish, something with his name on it, shirt with a tie sewn on Just about anything cute!)

Velour and flannel or terry and flannel cloth wipes, and set of snapping unpaper towels

Fun tote bag with pockets inside

Crochet net sort of bag to hold bath toys (or anything to hold bath toys ?)

Mama cloth, light or regular, needs to be not huge and bulky because I'm tiny.  Prefer hidden PUL, dark colors.  

Wooden or natural or just handmade toys for a toddler, especially anything educational to help him learn colors, numbers, shapes, letters, or whatever.
Hooded beach towel
Raincoat or poncho for a toddler

Supplies:
Childrens sewing patterns, newborn on up, especially toddler boys patterns  ( REALLY need a button up shirt pattern for Levi!)

Starter kits for making any type of craft I would love to try needle felting, paper making, soap making, candle making,  batik, tye-dye, etc.

Solid colored clothing, all sizes, newborn through adult, any colour but I really need dark colors.  Used but in good condition is just fine!

Iron on transfer paper
Printable fabric
Clear contact paper

Elastic thread
Variegated thread
Any thread actually!

Small notions for making busy books

Sharp sewing scissors smallish ones
Snaps that you put on with a hammer

That buckwheat stuff you put in hot/cold packs

Fabric:
Beach ball/beach theme fabric
Designer fabric, even little scraps are fine!  
Jersey knit fabric, or similar, Im making underwear for my son.  
PUL
Micro fiber terry
Any unique fabrics, even small amounts
Bottom weight fabrics
Grippy fabric for the bottoms of shoes
Anything kid friendly
Whatever that fabric is that boys swim/board shorts are made of
Wool felt
Chalkboard fabric

Other:

empty Otter pop type popsicle wrappers (washed please!)

Anything to help with my sons birthday party on the 20th, I need things like prizes, stuff for games, food, dcor just about anything!  Its a beach ball theme.  
Toddler boys flip flops in size 5.5 or 6

Also anything on my wisits: http://www.wists.com/leighi123
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009 06:31:08 PM by leighi123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitch81
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009 07:21:02 PM »

I claim leighi123 for a stenciled shirt (maybe 2 depending on how involved it is)

This is my 2nd claim this round, 0 sent, 0 recieved

My name is Melanie.  I am a 27 year old SAHM of 3 children so clutter comes with the territory.  I prefer to receive things that have a use over purely decorative things.  Items to help with organization are always welcome!   I love reading, sewing, and crafting.  I live on a farm in Iowa.   I have 2 cats who think they own the place and my husband has a few hundred fish (he breeds them and sells them).  I love traveling, but hate the driving involved.  If you are crafting for me or my family, please keep items G-rated.no scary skulls, profanity, or other potentially offensive items.  We are a smoke free family, and prefer to not receive items from a smoking home (smokey smells give me breathing troubles).  There are no other allergy issues. 

Crafts- I have these listed in order of most wanted..

*6 Placemats for my diningroom like these http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/c1d736178cb03dc3f1cebdbe5f26dcdf?offset=80

*table runner type thing that I will use for the top of my craft cabinetsize preference is 18 inches x 4 ft. No dangles though, the cats will attack them! Lol.  This is in my dining room so chocolate colors would be good.

*stenciled t-shirts please no iron ons..keep them G-rated as I have small kiddos.  Some theme ideas.. Love House MD, NCIS, CSI, SURVIVOR, BECOMING JANE, PRIDE & PREJUDICE, Pirates of the Caribbean, and craftster themed stuff  Oh I wear a size small.  Please no neons.  Check my wists for other ideas

*scarf like this one http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/be1f456f3be8868544ef42fe4d945f4e?offset=20

*bedside organizer like this one http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/6da9f208c8a4679512550e2dd1a4ee9b?offset=20

*Some sort of organizer that attaches to the back of a car seat to hold coloring books, crayons, pencils etc, for our summer vacation trips

*I love jewelry, dangly earrings, necklaces on the smaller length side (18 inches is perfect) , bracelets (6.5 inches) like these
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/39fe3342f03cd86882e193a738d8fe28?offset=40
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/3c62ee3941ffddb96ce97ed62c86d304?offset=40
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/b9cde11ffe01335bdcf84416e56b4b0b?offset=60
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/978d2b1caecda83132e45b872095cf11?offset=60

*resin jewelry check out my wists for some ideasdont have to be exactly like what is pictured there.  I really love the goldfish bowl themed one.

*anything from my wists  www.wists.com/stitch81

*reusable shopping bags that are patterned after the plastic ones. 

*infinity dress in some summery type pattern/color (pm me for size)

*knitted or crocheted socks, preferably charcoal,oatmeal, black, burgundy or hunter green colors.  Wear a size 9 US.  Would love them to come to mid-calf length.

Craft Supplies - again, most wished for are listed first

*Supplies for making tree of life pendants, especially the outer wire.

*recent summer dress patterns for around a size women's 6.  see my wists for style preferences

*jersey material for making some dresses, 3 yard minimum please

*would love a glass etching kit, or some supplies to get me started

*zippers black or white 8 or 14 inches long. (not the invisible kind, and not the chunky kind..just the regular ones)

*small game type pieces for some I-Spy bags that I want to makethere is an example in my wist

*elastic-the thinner width kind

*resin molds-, the bangle bracelet molds.  Cant find them where I live. 

*stuff to add to the resincolorings, tiny bitsetc. 

Extras

*Love chocolate, mint, and peanutbutter candies (not all those together)

*whatever you want to throw indont have anything specific

If you have anything you that would love to make for me, but I dont have it listedfeel free!  I love swapping because it gives me the opportunity to receive things that I cant make myself, and also to enjoy the different styles of the people who are crafting for me!  All I ask is that items be kept g-rated!  Thanks! And if you are the one choosing meThank you sooooo much!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
spectrumsparksie
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009 09:47:42 PM »

I claim stitch81 for some placemats and a matching table runner.

this is my first claim this round
About me:
I am a 39 y/o science teacher from Australia.  I am currently on leave tho.  w00t!  I am married to a geeky darling and have two beautiful kids, Emily 8 and Will 5. We have a totally mad beagle called Nazzy. I love the blue half of the colour wheel, the cool colours.
My Wishes:
Crafted:
I would love a wind chimes and sun catchers that can hang outside. Some examples on my wist
stencilled t-shirt with a geeky theme, thanks ehinders
Knitted or crocheted beanie, scarf, scoodie, or cowlthanks Iloveahippie
Bellas mittens.(wisted)
Hand spun fibres ( I soooo envy you craftsters who can do that!)
Cushion covers, any size, in black and white (together) and in blues/greens/turquoise (together)
Candles....mmmm I love food flavours as opposed to floral (eg. Vanilla, coconut)
Lampworked beads
Slumped glass pendants
Amigurumi characters (starwars, twilight?)thanks zombiecazz
A USB cover
A stuffie uterus like on my wist (i had a hysterectomy last Nov and would love to have one to show off!)
Paper making mould and decal  (with hinges, like this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/624052717 )if you are handy with hammer
Polymer clay beads (especially in black and white(together))
Decorated head bands for my dd 9
Anything cool you think I might like.
Crafty Supplies:
Quilting fabrics, love, love love Amy Butler, but anything not too bright or paisley.
Blank sketch books/journals
Beads, wires, findings, jewlery making supplies.
Freezer paper
Craft felt in all the colours of the rainbow
I really, really really want this.  This awesomest of books. http://feltique.com/
Cool markers that mark on ceramics.

Thanks crafsters, keep on crafting.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009 10:00:19 PM by spectrumsparksie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009 06:51:30 AM »

I claim spectrumsparksie for a spoiler package to include at least Bella's mittens!

This is my first claim this round. (1,0,0)

Hi!  Im addicted to knitting, though I love many other crafts as well!  A Michigan (USA) native, I am enamored of watery landscapes and northern hardwood forests.  My deepest wish is to live on a lake or river.  I love snow and wintery landscapes, cool colors and corny humor.  I love superheroes and mourn the fact that Im fat and 50 superhero material beyond repair.  ☺  I wist.    

Enough about me:  

Crafted Items

fabric covered tacks

poly clay decorated tacks

more silly face magnets (summertimerolls made me these: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=230187.msg2504439#msg2504439)  The kids at school love them like crazy!!!  It's a sure-fire way to help a child calm down:  "Why don't you take a look at my 'face of the day magnets' and show me your favorite?"  I have a growing stash of these!  Thanks, Spectrumsparksie for the latest contribution!

pottery, especially small bowls or mugs

moc-a-socs like these: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=290914.200

muppets pencil toppers - here's the bracelet that inspired this idea: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=228448.0

Poetry journal with your favorite (or original) works included

Handspun yarn, any colors, any amount - I love handspun yarn!

Embroidered pillow cases in quiet colors for the master bedroom which is blue, guest bedroom is grass green (dh is daring with color) -- the bedspread in there is a quilt made with "eyeballs in the jungle" fabric

Pearl swirl pendant!

Placemats - woven, patchwork, quilted, felted!

potholders

lunch bag

Anything from my wist (unless it's marked as "received")!  http://www.wists.com/addicted2knitting

Supplies

learn to spin kit with drop spindle and roving

10 inch Harmony straight knitting needles, any size 4 -11 http://www.knitpicks.com/Straight+Harmony+Knitting+Needles_NDSTNHarmonyneedles.html

natural fiber yarns, any weight, any color; I love wool of the Andes from knitpicks!

wool and acrylic blend yarn, DK or sport weight, any color

home decorator or upholstery fabric

sewing machine needles for quilting (universal needles okay)

firm or extra firm stabilizer

fat quarters/fabric scraps

quilting supplies/ beginner patterns/ ideas

Books:
    Elizabeth Zimmermans Knitting Workshop  
    Knitting on Top of the World by Nicki Epstein

Book from amazon wishlist! (Amazon wish list:  http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/27G199LJS0WZQ)

Extras

candies or foods unique to your locale
chocolate in all varieties
postcard from your town/country
tea, especially black (not a fancy flavor lover)  ☺
licorice (black - YUM!)
Fun badges/pins

Thanks for choosing me!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009 03:13:41 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AbbyRose
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009 08:51:27 AM »

I claim A2K for a swirl pendant and potholders.

This is my first claim this round Smiley

I am 26 years old and I am sahm to my 20 mth old daughter, Abigail. I live in Ontario, Canada. My husband works in finance and is an avid golfer. But enough about him. I love to cook, sew and make jewellery. I also paint occasionally and am interested in trying resin pendants, knitting, and dying/spinning yarn. I live in a small town and we don't have a fabric store or a craft store so sending me a package with just supplies is fine with me! I was diagnosed last year with Candida so I'm now trying to "heal" myself with healthier lifestyle choices (food, exercise, massage, vitamins, etc) Also, my husband is allergic to cats and I'm sensitive to cigarette smoke so if you're home has either, please wash, febreeze or air out your items before shipping. Thanks!

Big wishes are bolded.

CRAFTS:

* Anything inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/AbbyRose
* Homemade bath soaks or fizzy balls. I don’t like floral or musky smells. I love cucumber melon, peppermint, citrus, lavender and green tea therapy scents.
* Reusable Swiffer pads like this: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=165049.0 Colour doesn’t really matter as long as it’s two different colours.
* Funky Apron  in a style like this, the colours and style are great! - PM me for sizing  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_14&listing_id=21252139&ga_search_query=apron+fabric&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=4&min=&max=&order=price_desc * Nightgown in one of these styles: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25691497&ref=sr_gallery_7&&ga_search_query=nightgown&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=13&order=price_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title or this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19063921&ref=sr_gallery_19&&ga_search_query=nightgown&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=14&order=price_desc&includes - PM me for sizing and colour preferences
*Paintbrush Roll Similar to a needle or hook roll but I’d like it to have interfacing to protect the bristles from bending. Needs to be larger like this one. I like this mishmash of fabric/colour choices and double-pockets. Not fond of the button closure though, ties would be better. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23670127
*Pencil Case like this one to keep my sketching supplies safe in my purse. Can also be made with fabric and pvc. Doesn’t have to be paper as long as inside and outside is covered with protective pvc.  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23878727&ref=sr_gallery_1&&ga_search_query=pencil+case+travel&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&order=price_desc&includes
* Stiff fabric baskets to be used for storage. I love the ones where you can fold the cuff up or down to make them shorter or taller. I’d prefer them to be rectangular. Crazy bold prints are preferred, patchwork is fun too. Examples: this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19204627&ref=sr_gallery_1&&ga_search_query=storage+basket&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=12&order=price_asc&includes or this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24862271
* Handmade earring display cards like these: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25251599&ref=sr_gallery_11&&ga_search_query=earring+display&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=price_asc&includes
* Recycled picture frame earring display Examples are http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23939740&ref=sr_gallery_18&&ga_search_query=earring+display&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=8&order=price_asc&includes , http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=17963278&ref=sr_gallery_17&&ga_search_query=earring+display&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=4&order=price_asc&includes  and http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25561384&ref=sr_gallery_21&&ga_search_query=earring+display&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=5&order=price_asc&includes Must be freestanding and I prefer there to be no backing and have wire mesh as the earring holder instead of lace.

SUPPLIES - An entire supply package would be fabulous!!
* Fabric Fun, vibrant, abstract prints are preferred, I’m not really into character prints though. I like Alexander Henry Boutique Collection, Joel Dewberry Aviary and pretty much anything Amy Butler or similar styles. Scraps are great just nothing smaller than 3” x 3” please.
* Lace trims - No burgundy please
* Mica powder in all the colours of the rainbow. Teal and silver would be my top choices.
* Dyes for dyeing wool yarn and roving. Aqua, red, orange, pink… Not koolaid please
* Dyes for plant fibres like bamboo and cotton. Aqua, orange, fuschia…
* Small craft drill.
* stainless steel or sterling silver ear wires (hooks, kidney or handmade)
* Pendant trays for resin pendants. Round, square or oval.
* Small trinkets and items to imbed in resin.
* Glass or acrylic beads can be simple or fun and funky! Mixture of colours, shapes and sizes.
* Plastic ring mandrel - used is fine!
* Wool yarn in bright fun colours
* Wool Felt or high quality acrylic felt - red, pink, yellow, orange, blue, green, white, beige, tan, black
*Embellishments to use on hairclips. Preferably no larger than ½”
* Coarse-Grind Powder, Fine-Grind Powder and Polishing Powder for my rock tumbler.

EXTRAS:

If you’re shipping from the States, I love the Whatchamacalit chocolate bar or regular chocolate (especially truffles)  I also love the light blue Orbit gum. Hubby adores Skittles and Nibs.

Healthy cook books or some of your own favourite healthy recipes. I do my best to avoid wheat, sugar, dairy and preservatives. Good thing I enjoy cooking because this makes eating out very difficult!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009 09:05:06 AM by AbbyRose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009 10:14:30 AM »

I'm going to pick abbyrose for some lavender bath fizzies!

this is my third pick this round

Im 29 and live in Southern California. I work in theatre, but also volunteer at an anthropology museum. I am JUST got into grad school for forensic anthropology, in the UK. I love football (ne patriots!) I love books and read all the time (well when I have time J ) I love anthropology and native inspired art (specifically northwest coast I LOVE the raven images from the kuakutl!) I like pin up girls and pirates. I love Jane Austen and Johnny Cash. Im very eclectic J I love sacred hearts and our lady of Guadeloupe imagery. I prefer darker of bolder colors i.e jewel tones. I dont do pastels except for Disney's Sleeping beauty. I love her! Its my little kid side.

Check my wists too!!
www.wists.com/redstar13

Crafts

Resin pendant or beads with cool kitschy stuff in them (sacred hearts, sailor jerry stuff, lady of Guadeloupe, skulls, pirates, etc,,,)

Pendants or pierced earrings

Apron (vintage inspired)

Rockabilly purse or brooch or other jewelry

I'm kinda obsessed with quirky brooches. My favorite is a rhine stone skull and crossbones.

a zip hoodie!?!?! (prob men's large b/c i like baggy clothes) stenciled, embroidered or anything! I'd love a sacred heart one ! but anything rockabilly flavored or kitschy would be lovely!

big wish Id LOVE LOVE LOVE a dark colored pencil skirt 

Spats : like these http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/bkrenning4/OWS/DSCF0929.jpg or these https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=230540.0 (in any c0lor but red! I just got a great pair of red ones and black ones in another swap, but 90% of my wardrobe is black Smiley )

a snood! I've recently become obsessed!

singlet style shopping bags

Cool fun cute headbands (hate to say it, but I love the gossip girl style ones!)

Handmade garter belt or garters

hair bobs. Like flowers or feathers. Love vintage inspired. 20s 50s or burlesque

Steampunk style pendants

a cowl or button up scarf type thing (knit or crochet or Victorian inspired, some examples on my wist)

paper back book cover (https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=236243.0)

crochet hook roll

Craft Supplies

A soap making kit! (never tried before)

Glass cutter (to cut bottles or light bulbs)

polymer clay tools/molds

trim I love cook quirky trims metallic is a huge plus

Funky rockabilly, skull, etc fabric

Kitschy charms

vintagey looking/inspired lace

Sailor jerry or similar tattoo flash, or just pages with those types of images as well as pinups

cool cookie cutters

I adore sacred hearts and would love charms, or fabric or basically anything sacred hearty.

Cool cross stitch patterns

Tattoo fabric or old school flash stuff.

Feathers! Ostrich and peacock are my fave!

I Love making jewelry so weird or peculiar or funky beads would be cool

vintagey style swimsuit pattern

Any jewelry making supplies

cameos

funky and fun fabric!!! I'm a fabric hoarder

old looking keys

Pin-up girl fabric, pin-up rockabilly stencils, the Alexander Henry pinup stuff I LOVE. vintage Pin up
images

Vintage maps or old papers

Shrinky dinks

Pinking shears (used is perfect!)

funky, vintage or interesting buttons

interesting/fun yarns - or any yarn for that matter, as long as it isn't rough! I am very tactile Smiley (I've just gotten pretty darn good at crochet!!)

craft/crochet magazines

Cool crochet patterns

Kinda a random supply but Soda Ash. I want to make my own laundry detergent, but can't find it locally.

Extras/miscellaneous

tea related thing (or loose teas!! I LOVE black teas and spiced teas!)

lip gloss! The glossier the better

Anything Johnny cash inspired.

Anything organizey

Irish inspired

travel related stuff.

old skeleton style keys (or vintage styles of keys)

Thanks so much in advance!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009 10:32:59 AM by redstar13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy
Pintrest
I have an embroidery machine! If you want to do personal swaps for machine embroidered items, (or are in my swaps!) let me know!
stitch81
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009 12:48:32 PM »

I claim redstar13 for some scrabble pillows from her wists

This is my 3rd claim this round, 1 sent, 0 recieved

My name is Melanie.  I am a 27 year old SAHM of 3 children so clutter comes with the territory.  I prefer to receive things that have a use over purely decorative things.  Items to help with organization are always welcome!   I love reading, sewing, and crafting.  I live on a farm in Iowa.   I have 2 cats who think they own the place and my husband has a few hundred fish (he breeds them and sells them).  I love traveling, but hate the driving involved.  If you are crafting for me or my family, please keep items G-rated.no scary skulls, profanity, or other potentially offensive items.  We are a smoke free family, and prefer to not receive items from a smoking home (smokey smells give me breathing troubles).  There are no other allergy issues. 

Crafts- I have these listed in order of most wanted..

*6 Placemats & runner for my diningroom like these http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/c1d736178cb03dc3f1cebdbe5f26dcdf?offset=80thank you spectrumsparksie!!!!

*table runner type thing that I will use for the top of my craft cabinetsize preference is 18 inches x 4 ft. No dangles though, the cats will attack them! Lol.  This is in my dining room so chocolate colors would be good.

*stenciled t-shirts please no iron ons..keep them G-rated as I have small kiddos.  Some theme ideas.. Love House MD, NCIS, CSI, SURVIVOR, BECOMING JANE, PRIDE & PREJUDICE, Pirates of the Caribbean, and craftster themed stuff  Oh I wear a size small.  Please no neons.  Check my wists for other ideas

*scarf like this one http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/be1f456f3be8868544ef42fe4d945f4e?offset=20

*bedside organizer like this one http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/6da9f208c8a4679512550e2dd1a4ee9b?offset=20

*Some sort of organizer that attaches to the back of a car seat to hold coloring books, crayons, pencils etc, for our summer vacation trips

*I love jewelry, dangly earrings, necklaces on the smaller length side (18 inches is perfect) , bracelets (6.5 inches) like these
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/39fe3342f03cd86882e193a738d8fe28?offset=40
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/3c62ee3941ffddb96ce97ed62c86d304?offset=40
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/b9cde11ffe01335bdcf84416e56b4b0b?offset=60
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/978d2b1caecda83132e45b872095cf11?offset=60

*resin jewelry check out my wists for some ideasdont have to be exactly like what is pictured there.  I really love the goldfish bowl themed one.

*anything from my wists  www.wists.com/stitch81

*reusable shopping bags that are patterned after the plastic ones. 

*infinity dress in some summery type pattern/color (pm me for size)

*knitted or crocheted socks, preferably charcoal,oatmeal, black, burgundy or hunter green colors.  Wear a size 9 US.  Would love them to come to mid-calf length.

Craft Supplies - again, most wished for are listed first

*Supplies for making tree of life pendants, especially the outer wire.

*recent summer dress patterns for around a size women's 6.  see my wists for style preferences

*jersey material for making some dresses, 3 yard minimum please

*would love a glass etching kit, or some supplies to get me started

*zippers black or white 8 or 14 inches long. (not the invisible kind, and not the chunky kind..just the regular ones)

*small game type pieces for some I-Spy bags that I want to makethere is an example in my wist

*elastic-the thinner width kind

*resin molds-, the bangle bracelet molds.  Cant find them where I live. 

*stuff to add to the resincolorings, tiny bitsetc. 

Extras

*Love chocolate, mint, and peanutbutter candies (not all those together)

*whatever you want to throw indont have anything specific

If you have anything you that would love to make for me, but I dont have it listedfeel free!  I love swapping because it gives me the opportunity to receive things that I cant make myself, and also to enjoy the different styles of the people who are crafting for me!  All I ask is that items be kept g-rated!  Thanks! And if you are the one choosing meThank you sooooo much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...