A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 314,008
Currently Running With Scissors:
208 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 27 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 59478 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #660 on: June 24, 2009 08:14:03 PM »

I just found out last year that my mom is really fun with a couple of beers in her.  I made her drink 2 last summer, and she became pleasantly silly!  Now when she comes over I tell her that I bought her beer.

I am trying to develope a new thingie for my shop.  I made the prototype last night, and it looks cute, so now I have to get a couple of supplies in the right colors.  I'm crossing my fingers that people like them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #661 on: June 24, 2009 08:22:32 PM »

Been busy crossing things off my 'to sew' list!  I've managed to get quite a bit done in the past 2-3 days, yay!  I should have a few new things to list in my shop (hopefully tomorrow if I can remember to take pictures while the sun is still out).  Spent this afternoon and tonight cutting stencils for some shirts for mimiw (hoping to paint them tomorrow).  We've decided to take a last minute trip to visit my dad in GA (leaving Friday afternoon and leaving to come home either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning) since if we don't go this weekend we won't get a chance to until August, after our MO trip when we will NEVER want to get in the car again, haha.  Need to dig out some projects to take with me to work on in the car (it's a 6 hr drive down there), I'm thinking I might switch it up and take some embroidery instead of crochet/knitting... I haven't embroidered anything in ages.  Anyone want anything hand embroidered, any specific designs or anything?  I have some canvas totes that I got to embroider/stencil and I still have TONS of bibs, and something else in my stash (tea towels I think)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #662 on: June 25, 2009 05:22:04 AM »

We're a quiet bunch right now, but I think we usually have some kind of cyclical summer lull in the swap this time each year, don't we? Smiley

I've been feeling blah and uncrafty lately. I hope I snap out of it soon. I have been working on some writing projects, but they live on my hard drive right now. I haven't even touched my blog in months.

Ian has been a challenge lately. He's a fun little guy, but he's also the only one of the three boys to have full-on "terrible two's". My mom says he's just like me. Cheesy He is also very interested in my craft supplies, and I have to keep them put away at all times. That slows me down a bit. Soon he'll be big enough to work on his own little stuff next to me, but for now, it's been tough to work much.

Anyone want me to bring back the earring shop I had a few rounds back, with a bunch of earrings in a photobucket album link to choose from? Earrings are do-able right now. I can put way the parts in a hurry... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #663 on: June 25, 2009 07:00:23 AM »

Disaster averted!  *sigh of relief*  The spots came out, the skirt air dried, I pressed it between a couple towels to be extra safe, and now my angel package is packed & ready to be wrapped & sent.  I have seriously earned my FOC status IMHO.  Cheesy  I spent about a week stenciling & painting this skirt, since the paint bleeds if you don't wait 12-24 hours for a coat to dry.  So I really didn't want to have to re-do it.  And the twirly circle patchwork skirt took waaaay longer than I anticipated.  I think when I make mine, I'm going to get a trim like eyelet for the bottom to make the hemming a tad easier.  Not that it was that bad - it just was long.  The time consuming part was the gathers on each layer & I just saw on a sewing board something about a ruffler foot.  So I'll have to check that out, although I don't know how well it would work on this since each layer was 1.5x bigger than the last & that's kind of a scant ruffle.  I was very proud of it when I was done, though, so personal satisfaction from a project: check.

The only swap package I have left is a hair doo dad for one lady for my hair doo dad swap.  I made a satin brocade one but I don't think I like how it turned out.  I used the foofangle wide headband pattern & it's the second time I didn't like the shape.  I'm just partial to the narrow pattern, I guess.  I'm making some extra headbands & scrunchies while I'm at it.  I have one headband that I really like that's eyelet on one side & this Japanese tree print on the other.  And some using C&B fabrics...

Then I will be caught up with swaps.  I have a list of projects to do for me & DH & STS & I'm just going to work my way down.  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting cotton Hawaiian fabric scraps for a quilt if you wanted to send any my way!
http://www.pinterest.com/donniesgirrl
A2K
« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2009 07:04:27 AM »

I would claim earrings, LL.  I like lever back thingys, though, if that's possible.  

Today is errand and packing day!  I am starting to get a little nervous about traveling -- I'm not a very good flyer, but not for the usual reasons.  I'm fat and I HATE flying coach because the seats are just a touch too narrow and I always get seated next to the guy who jambs the armrest into my hip (this time it's my DH so I can make him promises to lay off the armrest -- tee hee) and just in general I'm uncomfortable . . . last trip was to Boston so the flight was pretty short.  Flying to Seattle will take longer and whine whine whine . . . .  Good grief, I get to go to Alaska!  I worry about the dumbest stuff!  

I did buy some new clothes!  New jeans, a pretty summer pants suit for fancier dining, a couple of t-shirts.  Today's chores include deciding which pile of yarn to take for knitting.  I think I will just take stuff for socks.  They are the most portable.  I should be able to knit two or three pair while I'm gone!  Okay, off to do chores!

p.s.  Glad you were able to save your hard work, donniesgirl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #665 on: June 25, 2009 07:16:22 AM »

All - I added another bag o' scraps to my shop.

Alaska is pretty in the summer.

Zelda (or anyone) - do you do silk screened t's for guys?  DH could use some new gym t's but he's partial to the "manly shirts."  Wink  Like a buck (deer) or 1960s muscle car shape would be cool...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009 07:22:18 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting cotton Hawaiian fabric scraps for a quilt if you wanted to send any my way!
http://www.pinterest.com/donniesgirrl
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #666 on: June 25, 2009 08:07:50 AM »

So random question for you guys. I have 2 dresses That were made for me. One I made the other my mom did as a mock-up for my wedding dress.
I think they would make great additions to a girls dress up stuff. Anyone interested?
The one I made can be seen on my deviant art:
http://eliea.deviantart.com/art/50-s-housewife-dress-3-77692753
I've worn it literally once. It was made for a theme day at church. It's thin and I'm wearing a tutu under it to make it poof.
the other is heavy yellow fabric and it isn't hemmed I know it won't fit me anymore though. I can get a picture of it when I get home from work. I'm really just wanting them out of my house so I would be willing to do 1 point each if someone wanted them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #667 on: June 25, 2009 08:56:29 AM »

Anyone interested in brand new, quality sunglasses or Hawaii kid's tees size 6-8? 
They'd be 2 points and 1 point respectively.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanna craft for charity? Consider donating an item for DM Silent Auction April 6. Difference Makers  http://www.difference-makers.org/ Small Things Matter http://www.smallthingsmatter.org/
crumpet79

Never quite sure what I'm going to make next...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: June 25, 2009 09:10:36 AM »

I've been super quiet this week because I've been finalizing my new knitting pattern for a summer ankle sock.  It's being test knit right now and the suggested yarn dyed up for me.  I put up a pic of my prototype sock on Ravelry and it's received a really good response so far.  It will be a free pattern probably available in the next 2-3 weeks.  If any of you ladies would like a preliminary copy to check it out, please let me know and I'll send you the .pdf!   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #669 on: June 25, 2009 10:06:38 AM »

Zelda (or anyone) - do you do silk screened t's for guys?  DH could use some new gym t's but he's partial to the "manly shirts."  Wink  Like a buck (deer) or 1960s muscle car shape would be cool...

I do men's shirts too... I have a few in my stash, I can check and see what sizes/colors I have atm and let you know...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: No-Kill Cactus
Tute Tuesday: Wrap Skirt
Meatless Monday: Naan Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...