A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
150 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 80's Cartoon O Rama Swap - SIGNUPS May 31/09- June 14/09 SENDOUT Aug 1/09  (Read 43512 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
FruityLoops
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2009 08:40:19 AM »

Whoop whoop, heading to the post office in a mo to post my package to sorbetsurprise Grin

EDIT:  Cancel that, I took so long packaging and labelling the darned package that I only had 10 mins to get there and park and go in so it was closed Sad  They're open tomorrow morning though apparently so I'll mail then instead Smiley
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009 09:55:19 AM by FruityLoops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pup_p_love
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2009 07:35:16 PM »

I will hopefully be posting early next week. I just need to put some finishing touches on my large (really its an extra large - Ive calculated that I have spent over 20hrs on it!!!). Cant wait to see my partners reaction =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2009 08:28:36 PM »

Shocked Whoa!!!! 20hrs!!!! Now I can't wait to see it!!! lol
Stay 80's!!
-GH xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2009 02:44:48 PM »

I had had plans to make an item before sending last week, but since the deadline was coming up fast (and I forgot to buy the main part of the item), I decided not to do it.  but when life got in the way and I ended up needing a little more time to craft, I felt bad for not being able to get Rae's stuff out on time.  I've never sent late and I really do feel bad about it (but everything WILL be ready to go on Thursday), so since I already had to go to the craft store today to get something for none of my swaps, I figured I'd get the stuff for the "forgotten" project.  I went to the store (it wasn't a craft store, mind you.  Wink  now it really makes you wonder I bet) and they were sold out!!!  I was about to give up when I noticed a sale (who doesn't love a sale?) in another store.  I went in and got exactly what I needed (and it was BETTER than the original one I was going to get), then got the rest at the craft store.  about 3 hours after getting home and eating, I had finished an item that made me laugh maniacally every freaking time I look at it.  if I couldn't make more of these for myself (actually, I can, just not right now.  I need more ___________ and _______), Rae would NOT be getting this.  lol.  but since all I need is more of those 2 things, she can have this one I suppose.  Wink

I am seriously excited for you to get this stuff Rae!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Rae-mazing

But it's better if you do.

« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2009 08:43:40 PM »

You are so cryptic! I am so very very very very excited...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! I always need fabric, findings/notions, and cute handmade things!

www.wastedwishes.etsy.com

www.wastedwishes.blogspot.com
Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2009 12:09:12 PM »

imagine, if you will, the first 30 yards of a football field.  now, imagine that it's tape.  that's nearly how much is on that box.  that's also where a good deal of its weight is.  have a sharp object (but not too sharp.  you don't want to cut anything) and possibly some Goo Gone to clean said object ready.  it will be in the mail tomorrow.  I can't wait till you get it!  and I'm so happy you were patient with me!

*EDIT*
ok.  it's a full 30 yards of tape on that box.  I realized about an hour later that I hadn't taken pictures.  damn.  so I cut it open, took pictures and finished off the last of the roll of tape.  it's not that I don't trust you Rae (or any of my partners) it's just one of those things about me.  I have to have pictures of everything before I send it.  what if it gets lost in the mail?  what if no matter how hard you try, you can't get a good picture of something?  I'm grateful for my partners when that happens to me (though I haven't really had that problem with my nifty new camera).

so now it's probably going to cost a fortune to send it since most of the weight will probably come from the tape, plus the ________ weigh a little much.  let's put it this way, it's something that I will probably only do for US partners as doing even one would put me too close to the 4 pound international weight limit (anything over 4 pounds gets this very special, very scary customs form).  I'd do variations of it, but not these actual items.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009 03:03:56 PM by Krafty_Karasu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2009 07:48:27 AM »

I sent, I sent.

Rae, could you take a picture of the outside of the box just to show everyone how anal I am?  I really wanted everyone at the post office to understand that the box is fragile.  once you open everything, I think you'll understand why I'm so worried about it.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rae-mazing

But it's better if you do.

« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2009 01:10:25 PM »

That is...a butt ton of tape. I will most definately take pictures of the box when it gets here, no worries. And I did the same thing! I packed up R0ckwithme's package, then had to take it apart because I had forgotten to take pictures. *sigh* I always do that. But I have them, just in case. And because I'm proud of one of the items I gave her. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! I always need fabric, findings/notions, and cute handmade things!

www.wastedwishes.etsy.com

www.wastedwishes.blogspot.com
Destined To Fail
Craftster Duo!

2 heads are better than 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2009 11:29:41 AM »

We received an awesome package from pup_p_love yesterday!!! Grin Grin We will get pics up ASAP.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W
             WWWWW
    W      WWWWW        W
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
   WWW    WWW    WWW
     WWW  WWW  WWW
           WWWWWWW
      WWWW  |  WWWW
                      |
                      |
Destined To Fail
Craftster Duo!

2 heads are better than 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2009 12:00:09 PM »

We finally got pics up in the gallery!!! Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W
             WWWWW
    W      WWWWW        W
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
   WWW    WWW    WWW
     WWW  WWW  WWW
           WWWWWWW
      WWWW  |  WWWW
                      |
                      |
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...