A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
233 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 189
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Archive: Business name suggestion/help thread.  (Read 186624 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
SunshynDzyne
Hoarder of Fabric Extraordinaire

happily lost somewhere in a pile of fabric

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: February 20, 2006 09:52:27 AM »

Hi all! Smiley  I'm still pretty new here to Crafster, but everyone seems so wonderful and full of creative and unique ideas. I'm thinking of starting up a small business and am trying to come up with a name to use. I was going to just go w/ my username here, Sunshyn Dzyne, as that is what I've been using randomly when I create little things, but I'm not so sure about it anymore...seems too cutesy maybe.
I'll be starting out w/ mostly handbags, totes, etc but will be making other things as well so I need something that isn't specific to handbags. I love daisies, butterflies, dragons, fae, pretty much anything fantasy related really. I'm looking for something unique and edgy but I'm having a heck of a time coming up with anything, so I thought I would see if anyone here had any suggestions. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated...thanks so much!

-Amber
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thebagfairy
« Reply #1001 on: February 20, 2006 06:00:48 PM »

Let's see, umm...

Fae & Fortune
LacaDaisyial
Smoke and Mirrors
Mellow Mermaid Designs
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #1002 on: February 21, 2006 06:33:30 AM »

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I was afraid of that. I have never liked the name Tabitha, so I really don't want to go with that. I will probably keep the name TabberTot, for my kids stuff, since I do quite a bit of it. But will have to think of something else for my non kid stuff. Thanks alot everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest- http://pinterest.com/ezrib/

Looking to increase my 1.5 in scraps for a rainbow project. If interested in swapping let me know!
terracotta
« Reply #1003 on: February 21, 2006 06:23:47 PM »

Okay, I admit, I'm in the very very very early stages of designing this thing. I'm first working on making a hoarde of stuff to sell.
Haha, yeah I have a loan. From my mom.  Wink
The stuff I'm making is very bold, bright, some of it's a bit political (shirts I'm planning on screenprinting) really artsy (not fartsy, though, none of this pretensipous vintagey stuff) plus some of my art, whick is the same, quirky bold etc. I have crocheted stuff, sewn stuff, wooden things, jewelry, yeah I do everything.

So what do you think? I'm at a total loss. I have no idea.
(if it posts twice don't blame me, the computer spazzed..sorry)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1004 on: February 22, 2006 08:35:39 AM »

The thing with using Kute and Playfool names is that no one can remember how to spell you. The first goal is to get people to remember you, so I'd stick with real words.

Sunshine Designs is not a bad name, but it could be cutesy. Shine Designs? Do you create fantasy-related items (the hidden question: does a fantasy-like name fit?).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1005 on: February 22, 2006 09:22:36 AM »

Har-har! I was just thinking about my own advice of "of, the" etc. in naming, and here I am, "into the pan". I should explain I'm 100% referral business with a superb marketing outlet! I'd never encourage anyone else to use words like that. D'oh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1006 on: February 22, 2006 12:23:49 PM »

Do you have any pics of your stuff?  That would help I think! otherwise its just a shot in the dark.  Or maybe put your name in it somehow, like my etsy shop is "MG Creations" MG for Michelle Giordano, (thats me! LOL) Creations for.....well, stuff I create! 

HTH

Michelle Giordano
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hollyg9211

9 out of 10 ninjas agree...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1007 on: February 22, 2006 08:38:47 PM »

Tab-ulous?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shop for KiWi Cuties apparel at
http://www.kiwicuties.etsy.com
Six
« Reply #1008 on: February 24, 2006 08:47:13 AM »

What about One Three Aquilo ? It sounds artistic. I can imagine a cool logo. It would look good on a business card..

I think putting Design in the name is tacky.

Aquilo means the north wind in Latin if your don't know  Wink

Fellow MN lady here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel
Six
« Reply #1009 on: February 24, 2006 08:51:15 AM »

I thought I would share mine little business name as well.. Done By Six. It only works because my name is a number and a time! Hahaha..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 189 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...