A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
196 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amigurumi  (Read 6740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005 10:58:36 PM »

my favorite book is published by gakken hit mook and is called chibiru amigurumi. it has some more doll like characters with accessories.  i have most of the books that are out there if you have any more specific questions i can look through them.  alot of them are similar and those collection ones are good because they show everything on the cover. 

the gallery pages (that you don't get instructions for) are often amigurumi for sale by the author or other designers. 

i personally think the websites are the best thing if you understand the concept because you can design your own or copy by looking.  maybe it's worth having some to learn how and meet the designers at first, but i guess i mean there is alot out there without spending alot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005 04:24:42 AM »

Do you have an ASIN  number for the Chibiru book?  I tried to look for it unsucessfully.  It sounds like something I might like!

Thank you you have been a great help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
gaelle
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005 05:49:22 AM »

Hey,

My brother brought back the 3 volumes and they are all 3 very very good!!  But I think if you have one, you can make all what you want, because it's always the same way of working.  Maybe you can start with buying one (volume 3 is indeed with the girafe) and then see if you need other ones...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaelle
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005 05:52:00 AM »

Oh, I forgot to say that making these things is very, very addictive!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005 03:53:32 AM »

Nearly all crocheted animals/dolls follow the same rule of thumb.  I like the simplicity of these.  They just look so.. pure... I don't know how else to put it. So clean.  I have hundreds and hundreds of doll and animal patterns but these guys just really spark my interest.
I am still searching for info on that Chirbiru Amigurumi book.   I can't seem to navigate amazon japan successfully enough to find it.  I would love to see that book.  I really wish that I had a reason to go to Japan... or knew someone that knew me well enough to pick them up for me.  I guess what I really need is someone in Japan who wants to swap American patterns and Japanese patterns - that would be awesome.  Then I could see all there was to see and figure it all out.
I know that there are Amigurumi magazines from what it looks like as well.  If only magazines were offered electronically I would totally subscribe!  I wish magazines did that - then I could get patterns from all over the world!  Maybe it would make me want to learn a new language or two!

Well.  Make due with what you have...then look for more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005 04:26:05 AM »

isbn4-05-602087-6
is the number for chibiru amigurumi, sorry it took so long to dig it out! it has animals and dolls, but most of the animals are upright so they are doll like too.  on the front there are two lambs, inside there are ladybugs and butterflies, a poodle, bears, a lion, a clown, a pig and rabbit, a chick in an egg, a turtle, a frog pubbet, two cute dolls (boy and girl), 'nature' colored creatures, dog, cat and another bear, and some fruits.  It's all by one designer who has a couple notes in it about her inspiration, etc.  all in all i think it is more visually creative and consistant in quality compared to some of the others.   i haven't tried to buy it online, so i hope that isbn helps. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005 05:34:05 AM »

it came right up for me on Amazon!  Thank you sooo much.. no pic but I am going to totally trust you on this one.  It really sounds like one that I would adore to all ends!  Unfortunately it looks like it is out of print - or horribly out of stock.  I will try a few places here stateside and see if they are able to import it.
The great news is that it finally brought me to a page to get to the handicrafts section of amazon!  And.. I was able to find that awesome cat book that I have been drooling over!   I might need to indulge and get that one - now that I have its isbn I should be able to locate that one as well!

Thank you Mikan.  If there is ever anything I can do for you, just drop me a line!

oh... just found it on fujisan.com and it looks like it is in stock!!!  yippie!  Hopefully this will be one stop shopping.. breaking out the credit card.  thanks again for the tip on the book!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005 09:49:48 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...