A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
JUNE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: Have you seen the Craft Challenge announcement?  Check out the details here!
Total Members: 311,991
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Orangina a-long  (Read 89815 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Necia
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2006 11:20:46 AM »

I honestly think you use any yarn your heart desires.  The pattern is such an easy one, to adapt to your size.  A tape measure and some easy calculations should get you on your way just fine.  BTW, I had to rip mine out, it was too huge.  So we'll see if the 4th time is the charm.  At least now, I can work on both sides at once.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #201 on: April 03, 2006 09:31:58 PM »

I'm terrified of this pattern. I'm looking for a knitpicks yarn sub, the yarn it calls for is fingering according to this site? Is that true!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2006 07:36:20 AM »

that is coming along beautifully...i love the color.....

BTW, count me in, even though I'm already working on the Salina, waiting for my yarn for the Green Gables and still have the 2nd Flower Power not finished.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006 07:42:50 AM by rosecomet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lynn
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2006 02:09:39 PM »

i finished mine and ugh, it's way too wide/short and looks so crappy on me.  i'm going to try it on again now and see if i can try to salvage it, i guess
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykt
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2006 05:45:13 PM »

I think that I'm going to sub with KnitPicks Shine Sport...hey, the price is right!  I have too many projects going on right now, so I'm probably not going to get to it right away...BUT I'm really into knitting summer tops right now, so maybe it will get bumped up on my list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms."
-Roy Lichtenstein
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2006 06:49:21 PM »

The price, yes. But what about the gague? I SUCK at modifying!!

I found a fingering weight yarn I have in the stash that I'm going to try because the yarn the pattern calls for is fingering weight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschy-kitchen
finishes last

knits with elves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2006 06:56:29 PM »

i started working on the back tonight. hopefully i'll be finished with this by the end of the weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Necia
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2006 07:06:25 AM »

The price, yes. But what about the gague? I SUCK at modifying!!

I found a fingering weight yarn I have in the stash that I'm going to try because the yarn the pattern calls for is fingering weight.

Do you actually have the pattern yet?  I ask, because this is one of the easiest patterns to modify.  I promise if you had it in front of you, you would be able to see the light.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

insubordiknit
« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2006 08:33:00 AM »

Here's what my busy little hands did last night, orangina, for the sexy knitters KAL.    I'm using, for the first time in my short knitting career, the rec'd yarn -- Rowan 4-ply cotton.  The color is tutti-friutti and we'll just have to see about that.  So far I love knitting it, it's my first lace, really.  The stitch pattern in fun and easy, after 2 repeats I no longer needed to look at the paper.  I've two concerns so far, one -- that although I purchased the right amount of yarn, I'll run out before I make it just a  tad longer than the pattern calls for, and two -- that the lacework is open enough, pinkie's gonna make an appearance.  Do other people wear something under this?  Well, at least the colors are about the same, pinkie will blend.

I'm knitting a size small, which is a bust size of 36".  I've always been about a 34" but lately I've had a bit of what I thought was heartburn but really was a too-tight bra, so now I guess I'm a 35".  So I'm knitting a 36" but my guage is a bit tighter than the pattern's so it should (I hope, I hope) work out.  I didn't want to cast on 9 more for the next size up because I thought that would be too big.  Right now, with a CO of 112, it measures 17.5" inches, which would make it exactly 35" around.  Should be perfect...right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2006 08:58:16 AM »

That is coming out beautifully!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Machine Embroidery: not just for tea towels
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Ice Cream Cone
Stars In Your Eyes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...