A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,644
Currently Running With Scissors:
208 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 392
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show off your hair! And questions about hair styles!  (Read 727740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

artisticnightmare
« Reply #3460 on: December 22, 2006 06:02:38 PM »

That is a cute cut, I think you definitely need to get a straightening iron and some thick pomade to make it more controllable at the ends and where the spikey pieces are.  I had a similar do a few years back, only longer, and the hairdresser warned me at the time that the ends would do "flippy things" if I didn't use the iron.  She was correct.  I think you should get the sides layered more for that look too, more "piecey" if you will.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spazzy
« Reply #3461 on: December 22, 2006 06:10:42 PM »

dishwasher, I have the same wave!  I tried a short cut for awhile and the only way to get rid of it was to brush my hair straight with my head upside down and blowdry till it's completely dried.  I hate putting products in my hair, so when I have time this works pretty good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://delainie.etsy.com -- Life is too short to be uncomfortable!

the sun is up, the sky is green, wishin my life could be just a dream --Greensky Bluegrass
dishwasher182
« Reply #3462 on: December 22, 2006 08:44:41 PM »

yeah i don't like using a lot of 'products' in my hair either- mostly i use just hairspray...  anything else makes it icky feeling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rheatheylia

...I think I could make one of those...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3463 on: December 22, 2006 09:12:43 PM »

Dishwasher: My hair has the same annoying wave thing, but I had my hair cut almost exactly like the pic you showed, and it worked out great. 

I've had my hair cut in various styles close to this for the past three years or so (not including the last year, been growing my hair out) It really looks like whoever cut your hair didn't do a very good job at all (no offense!) It needs layers starting about at the top of your ear, and it doesn't look like they gave you any layers at all. I used a texture paste on my hair when it was like this, just a little bit after towel drying and before the hairdryer (if I even hairdryed at all) and it helped keep the shape.
My hair grows super fast, I'll go ahead and post a pic of what it looks like now, this pic was taken less than a year since the other one I showed, hooray for super fast hair growth. It's a little below shoulder length un-curled

*edit 'cause I got my dates wrong
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006 09:34:04 PM by Rheatheylia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns
Crochet Patterns, hats and amigurumi
dishwasher182
« Reply #3464 on: December 23, 2006 05:40:01 AM »

Yes! Now that is the haircut that i wanted!! now where do you live and who cut it? lol! I had my hair like this short before since last march, and right before I got it cut it was right at my shoulders.. so yeah my hair grows pretty quickly too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyfuzz

My first Sock Monkey: Hand Sewn and proud of it.^^

View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: December 23, 2006 07:51:20 AM »

I don't have a pic but I can tell you might as well say I have one big dreadlock because My hair is almost one big matt! SadSadSadSadSadSad It sux...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ElectricBlue22
« Reply #3466 on: December 23, 2006 07:57:10 PM »

It's been a while since I posted to this thread, but since I decided to do something that's asked about lots (going more than four shades lighter at home), I thought I'd post pics before I asked my questions.

I started here (hi-octane orange over faded red and black hair)

After three days of chemicals and a few protein treatments, here I am

It turned out to be the hardest hair color EVER to take a picture of...as you can tell by my washed out skin and greenish tinge to the hair.  The one on the left is closest to my real color.  I think it came out pretty good considering I saved 100 bucks doing it at home.  (there's not that big of a color difference all the way down the hair either...my camera's just stupid)

I don't know if I love it or hate it, we'll see once I figure out what kinda make-up and clothes go with such a drastic color change...(suggestions for that would be very welcome)...although my hair isn't damaged at all considering, a haircut is in order...  Would it look ok if I cut my hair off right at the shoulder and then shortened up the layers just a little?  Maybe trim the bangs too?

Sorry to ramble...it's just that I haven't had blondish hair in more than three years...and I'm finding myself a little lost...THANKS FOR READING Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBeckster
I'm just awesome

View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: December 26, 2006 01:50:17 PM »

this is the first semi-normal color i've hade since 8th grade, and it's not even that normal. I used Garnier dye and there were still a few blonde spots peeking out so i covered them with some Manic Panic Red Passion I had lying around. and here's the end product

(people wonder why my head's in the clouds, I blame my sheets)

what do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

forget regret or life is yours to miss.
ragdoll193
« Reply #3468 on: December 26, 2006 07:32:07 PM »

awesome color! I have a jar of that sitting in my bathroom waiting for my hair to grow out or something like that (henna)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
white trash hero
« Reply #3469 on: December 27, 2006 09:08:00 AM »

ah i recoloured my hair...again!
its pretty much the same but i went as blonde as blonde can be! i think im gonna redo my racoon tail cos i loved it but atm i absolutely love my hair so here are le pictures! ps the red underneath dosent really come out as cherry as it is in real life :S

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 392 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Cozy Sweater Quilt
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...