A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,782
Currently Running With Scissors:
194 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ideas on making these toddler boots...in adult sizes?  (Read 1414 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
plummy
« on: April 29, 2009 09:21:06 AM »

Hi everyone!  So I am completely in love with this style of toddler boots: 
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=298241.0
I might be able to figure out the pattern (I know AbbyRose from the previous post got her pattern from ithinksew.com, but I think figuring how to scale it up to my size 8 womens feet would be just as difficult as figuring out a similar pattern myself), but I was wondering what you guys would recommend for the soles.  My only idea so far (because I'm not really looking into ordering blank soles from a supplier and figuring out how to attach the material, and also because I want these to be outdoor shoes and so the sole has to be a bit more wearable than my usual fleece slipper sole) was taking an old pair of ballet flats and 'building up' from there, so to speak.  I would probably cut a lot of the top of the ballet flat, and sew my material to the remaining material (thereby negating a need to figure out how to attach to the sole).  Do you guys have any better ideas?  Or even any patterns like this for an adult?  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to trade for kawaii Japanese fabric or cabochons!  PM me if you're interested!

Visit my etsy shop!   Cute girly clothing and accessories!  bydanalynn.etsy.com
rainbowmeow
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009 01:20:51 PM »

I think you have the right idea on just building on a pair of ballet flats.  I also really like those shoes!  Maybe you could take a piece of thin cotton and start pinning it on the base shoe until you get the right shape.  I'm guessing the shape would be similar to a U, with some kind of oval coming off the end, which would be the piece for on top of your foot.    Maybe the top of the foot piece would have to be separately attached.  Does that make any sense?  I think the only way to get what you want is a lot of trial and error.  If you figure this out, please let us know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...